Clusters help build innovations, create employment opportunities and attract foreign investors
Mumbai, October 05, 2017 – Dubai Maritime City Authority (DMCA),has been bustling with activities to make Dubai as the maritime hub for the world. Maritime transport plays an important role in the development and growth globally. According to the Ministry of Shipping in India, around 95 per cent of India’s trading by volume and 70 per cent by value is done through maritime transport and India is among the top 20 leading countries having large number of merchant fleets in the world.* Increasing investments and cargo traffic point towards a healthy outlook for the Indian economy and Dubai has created world class infrastructure which is providing a long lasting competitive advantage in the maritime industry.
The infographic details the importance of Dubai and DMCA in the maritime space. Some of the interesting details are as below:
- According to the international survey conducted by Menon Business Economics Group, DMCA has been ranked in the top 5 in ‘Competitiveness and Attractiveness Index’ in 2017
- DMCA currently supports 76,000 jobs in Dubai maritime sector
- The maritime industry has grown 25% in last 4 years in Dubai. The growth is supported by the geographical location of Dubai that is well connected
- The 227 hectares iconic city has generated AED 26.9 billion for Dubai
- It aims to attract companies to make Dubai as their shipping and logistics hub and have been improving maritime legislation, regulations and operational strategies