India has recently seen a surge in “Ache Din”. Ache din aaye and they passed by too soon to even feel their impact. One such “Ache din” was when our country’s indirect tax system saw a radical change. Taxes were “simplified”. And GST was born amidst breakthroughs and chaos. With the advent of this new measure, our technology also experienced leaps and bounds. Not only has the technology, the brunt of this change or for some “ease” by this law, created a wave of administrative disruption. Nowadays no business can breathe without running on software. With lesser manual intervention, our dependence as an enterprise on software has grown exponentially.
Software development has always been looked upon as a bunch of nerdy engineers boggling their way upon coding. Whenever we think of software an image of codes and wires, dark room and silence, monotonous and routine algorithms pops up. Is this all the software development about? IT people are weird in their own way. All have their unique quirks in personalities and their flaky approach to their work. But are they able to code their quirkiness in the projects they offer to clients?
To keep pace with this dynamic world of growing businesses it is imperative to offer something unconventional. Introducing an element of creativity in developing software can create wonders. Technology and creativity can go hand in hand.
One such startup which plugs in creativity to blend technology and software development is INFOCREATIVES. The projects they deliver are represented by creativity. They believe that software development is not only an Engineering process but also an Art which not everyone can do, only the persons with creative streaks can. The products offered by them are GST Billing Software, POS software, MIS, HRMS, Digital Library, Library automation, E-Commerce, Institutional websites, BULK SMS, Website Hosting and Domain name registration
Coming from an engineering background Mr. Saumyaranjan Mishra found himself in an unemployment flux. Despite of trying assiduously for a job, he was rejected and eliminated due to recessional cutting. But faith had something more fortunate stored for him. And in 2011, he started with this venture after getting local freelancing projects. Based in ODISHA, Mr. Mishra is a foodie and loves travelling. His entrepreneurial skills have gained him respect and created software lead by creativity. Let us take a look at this venture and his journey through his exclusive interview.
- What is the Name of Your Venture? Any specific reason for this name?
Ans: The name of my Startup is “INFOCREATIVES”. Every projects of us must represent some creativity within it because what we believe is that Software development is not only an Engineering process, but also an Art which not everyone can do, only the creative person can possess it. Hence our tag line is “Creativity leads Technology”. In short, our technology, is leaded by some Creativity with it.
- Who is your target Audience/clients?
Ans: Any small/medium scale enterprise, Wholesale/Retail traders, Shopping malls, School/College/any educational institutions, Personal bloggers, Authors, Writers. In short, any IT aware person who needs to avail IT in his/her daily personal/professional life.
- Where is your venture based (city, state, country) & What are your geographical target areas ?
Ans: Our registered office is at Baripada (Mayurbhanj, Odisha) and our Corporate office is at STPI-Balasore (Odisha). Entire state of Odisha is our target area.
- What problems does your venture resolve? What are your products or services?
Ans: Cheap and Maintenance free Software applications for Office use or personal use. Followings are our Products/services-
- GST Billing Software
- POS software
- Digital Library
- Library automation
- Institutional websites
- BULK SMS
- Website Hosting
- Domain name registration
- Share the idea or story behind the venture. How did it came to an existence? What motivated you to start your own venture?
Ans: Well, it started with recession in year 2007 when I passed out or became an Engineer. I searched for JOB everywhere but found nothing suitable. I even tried in a company as a paid trainee but it eliminated me saying that there is recession so no employment for current situation. Again I faced some interviews and was asked for donation to get job. Then I decided that, If I can pay some company to get a very less paid job then why not I try-out myself ?? Then I started doing some free-lancing jobs with whatever knowledge I abled to acquire from my best friend who taught me coding. He also provided me some projects as free-lancer. Finally, in 2011, I started my own venture when I got frequent orders from my local areas. I was forced to register my own venture because those clients needed local support as well as local billing facilities.
- Who are your biggest competitors and how do you differentiate yourself from them?
Ans: Anyone working in the same domain I am working, is my competitor. We provide the same service in a very cost-effective manner and with almost zero-maintenance facility.
- How did you identify your co-founder? Tell us some thing about your co-founder/s
Ans: I don’t have any co-founder.
- How did you hired your first team members? What skills Do you want in your employees/team?
Ans: One of my junior was my first team member who started working with me as a Part-time employee. Then I got an experienced guy from a local company when it shut down its operation, headed by my Senior. He referred me his employee to work with me. I expect creativity, integrity, up-to-date in my employees.
- What expansion plans are you looking for the next 2 years, next 5 years?
Ans: For the next 2 years, I want to cover the entire state of Odisha and in next 5 Years, entire Eastern India.
- Where do you want to see yourself in next 10 years?
Ans: On the cover of Forbes
- What are your goals over the next 1, 3, 6 and 12 months?
Ans: I do not make such short term plans, all I aim is for a long term goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Have you raised any funding? Or have any plans for the funding?
Ans: No, we have not raised any FUNDING yet but we are planning to get funding through the Startup eco system of the state as well as the nation.
- What were the problems you faced during the starting days and how did you resolve them ?
Ans: Having a good team, and correct procedures is the biggest challenge. I’m still a very young firm (only 2.5 years) and the only way to learn is having as many experiences as possible.
- What was the most challenging part of your journey till now? How did you overcome those challenges?
Ans: Generating revenue from the business is the most challenging what I realized. We overcame it by acquiring limited numbers of projects at a time so that we can complete them within the stipulated time and get our payments from the clients in the predefined time.
- Are you married, single or in a relationship?
Ans: How does that matter?
- What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
Ans: Travelling, listening to music, and watching movies are my hobbies. I travel to new places in my free time.
- Whats your favorite food & holiday destination?
Ans: Since I am a pure vegetarian, any veggie and yummy cuisine is my favorite, especially those with low calories. My favorite holiday destination is Maldives
- Whom do you consider your idol or biggest motivator?
Ans: My parents are my idol and my besties that include my sister, my brother-in-law and my best friend, are my motivators.
- What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else ?
Ans: Enterpreneurs are the leaders that lead the ones who work for them. They are the decision makers, can tackle any situation with calm and quite.
- If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently ?
Ans: Nothing, I believe everything happens for a reason.
How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life ?
Ans: I have lost people who were negative, competitive and vindictive towards me and gained the trust and love of family and friends who genuinely care about me. I am capable of helping so many friends and family that entrepreneurship has helped me gain respect amongst them; which is the most amazing part.
- Anything, you would like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs?
Ans: Choose Entrepreneurship as your passion, not an Option. If you choose it as an option, you may not achieve success but if you make it your passion then you will definitely get success with it, may be delayed but definitely.
- Tell us something about your education & family background.
Ans: Well, I am a Masters in Computer science (M.Tech), specialized in Cloud computing. My parents are Educationists, settled at Baripada, Odisha.
- What is your USP which makes it unique & different from other start-ups in similar domains.
Ans: Our products are highly customizable and cheapest in the market with uncompromised performance.
- What do you think is the biggest threat to the success of small businesses & Start-ups today?
Ans: Getting the right team for R & D because if you don’t update yourself with the changing trends, you will not be able to survive in the market.
- Do you consider yourself successful and by what means do you measure success?
Ans: Yes, because I am happy with my profession and it’s my passion. When your profession becomes your passion then you will certainly have the peaceful state-of-mind which ultimately makes you happy and joyful and I think this is otherwise known as “SUCCESS”
- Please share complete name, address, phone number, email id & website of Your Business & Contact Person
Ans: Company Name: INFOCREATIVES
Corporate Address: #4, STPI Incubation facility, 2nd Floor, NOCCi Business Park, BAMPADA I.E., Balasore, Odisha
Phone no: 06782255958, 9861343329
Contact person: Er. Saumyaranjan Mishra (Founder/Director)