Early-stage venture capital firm Inventus Capital India has made the first close of its third fund at Rs 200 crore to invest in B2B and B2C startups.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today. Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Chinese VC Ganesh Ventures partners with Alibaba’s Jack Ma to invest $250M in Indian startups
2. After Flipkart, Walmart is now looking for tech acquisition to strengthen its technology unit, Walmart Labs in India.
3. Gurugram-based sales professionals aggregator platform, Avenue Growth has raised Rs 3 crore in its Pre-Series A funding to accelerate its strategic growth and expansion plans.
4. Venture Catalysts invests Pre-Series A funding in medical devices technology company, iNICU
5. Early-stage venture capital firm Inventus Capital India has made the first close of its third fund at Rs 200 crore to invest in B2B and B2C startups.
6. In a move to encourage startups to work in the field of Electronics Systems Design and Manufacturing (ESDM), Deshpande Foundation has set up Sandbox Startups ESDM Clusterin Hubballi in North Karnataka.
7. UPI app — BHIM (Bharat Interface for Money) has increased its transactions from 14.2 Mn in May to 16.3 Mn in the month of June, a 15% rise.
8. Angel Investor Rajesh Dembla has invested an undisclosed amount in Bengaluru-based customer experience management (CEM) company Survaider for a minority stake.
9. After ‘Treat’ and ‘Gold’, Zomato is rolling out yet another subscription-based loyalty programme – Zomato Piggybank.
10. Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance is planning to invest heavily in building a robust supply chain for its hybrid online-to-offline venture.
11. Small business lender Kinara Capital has raised debt funding of Rs 32 crore (about $5 million) in non-convertible debentures from Zurich-based responsAbility Investments.
12. The Small Industries Development Bank of India (Sidbi) on Friday tweeted that it has committed Rs 200 crore under the Fund of Funds Scheme (FFS) to four alternative investment funds (AIFs) namely Omnivore Partners India Fund 2, TVS Shriram Growth Fund 3, IQ Alpha III, and Capaleph Indian Millennium SME Fund.
13. Dibz, an online food delivery startup which also serves as an online-to-offline (O2O) platform for discovering restaurant deals, has raised an undisclosed amount in a bridge round of funding from Stellaris Venture Partners and existing investor Benori Ventures, reported VCCircle.
14. Bengaluru-based BigBasket is aiming to touch a $1 billion (₹6,865 crore) gross sales run rate by March 2019, as it prepares for an intense battle against Walmart and Amazon.
15. Genext Students, India’s first AI powered O2O education solutions platform, closes funding round worth $250,000
16. Placio, Noida-based Student Housing Startup has acquired a subscription based food Startup Paco Meals- a subscription based food delivery system and raises $50,000 seed funding for the new venture of food business.
Source: BW Disrupt