Online furniture platform Woodenstreet has raised $1 million (around Rs 6.8 crore) in a Series A round.
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (18th July 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Nandan Nilekani and Sanjeev Aggarwal-led investment firm Fundamentum Advisors and Eight Roads Ventures are in talks to lead a $40-50 million funding round in online pharma company PharmEasy.
2. Alibaba Group has agreed to acquire a minority stake in China’s Focus Media to tap into the digital marketing sector.
3. South African conglomerate Naspers looks ready to sell its stake in TBO (Travel Boutique Online) to Standard Chartered Private Equity (SCPE), a private equity arm of Standard Chartered Bank.
4. Mumbai-based peer-to-peer (P2P) lending startup RupeeCircle will receive Rs 4 crore (around $588,000) from non-banking financial company Mahindra Finance, reported VCCircle.
5. Jaipur-based online furniture platform Woodenstreet has raised $1 million (around Rs 6.8 crore) in a Series A round of funding led by Rajasthan Venture Capital Fund (RVCF).
6. Online audition app ‘Firstcut‘, has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Kunal Singhal, Managing Director, EazyERP.
7. Swiggy has appointed former Amazon India engineering head Dale Vaz as its new head of engineering and data sciences.
8. Jana Small Finance Bank is all set to commence banking operations and will eventually target to get into two wheeler loans and consumer durable loans.
9. Ola, one of the world’s largest ride sharing platforms, is now available in Adelaide following successful launches in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Brisbane and the Gold Coast.
10. Travelyaari, Indian online bus booking platform, has partnered with Amazon Pay to enable faster and seamless checkouts for customers bookingtickets on the Travelyaari website or the mobile application.
11. Taiwan-based consumer electronics company HTC is exiting the Indian market, laid off most of its workforce here.
12. Walmart is planning to launch a video streaming platform to compete against Amazon Prime and Netflix.
13. OnePlus has been setting up its second global headquarter and R&D unit in India.
14. Deep-tech focussed Bharat Innovation Fund announces first close of its $100M Fund
15. Yaantra, an online marketplace for repair, refurb and resale of smartphones, has sold 500,000 units of refurbished smartphones in two year and has a turnover of over Rs 100 crore.
Source: BW Disrupt