As unique as its name, Lilliput Motions is a PR agency providing distinctive services in strategic public relations domain, analyst relations creation & maintenance, digital marketing, media audit, media relations, and branding research. Strategic guidance for clients and market intelligence is their USP over their competitors. The brand owned by Ms. Babita Singh is a core believer of criticism to be taken positively and continuously improving yourself even on the edges. Having spent a decade in the TV industry as an actor, Babita was not completely satisfied. An urge to do something different than the usual was always there. The entrepreneurial fire inside, made her realize the potential of public relations management she has within.
Her company is keen to provide services to clients all over India and abroad who have unique and quirky products/services in order to get newsworthy stories for the PR campaign. At a very young age of 23, Babita is helping other companies establish healthy public and media relations through her venture. Her success will be counted monumental the day she establishes her brand across countries. Babita having professional experience since childhood, thanks to her acting career and her career as a PR in her previous employments, has a profound knowledge of the technicalities of this business. In the ever changing and dynamic world of business, having a stronghold of the public relations and media campaigns is applauding. The young entrepreneur has big plans for Lilliput Motions in store down the gridline.
Let’s have a quirky little conversation with Babita Singh and her journey from an actor to an entrepreneur.
- What is the Name of Your Venture? Any specific reason for this name?
“Lilliput Motions” is one of the startup PR agencies specializing in strategic public relations (PR) services, analyst relations, digital marketing & PR, media audit, media relations, and branding research to carry out PR campaign in India at all levels. Unlike other PR agencies in Mumbai, Lilliput Motions focuses more on strategic approach, marketing intelligence, content strategies and media research while designing the PR campaign. Even after being one of the Startup PR agencies, strategic planning, business intelligence, and having strong media relations across India is our core strength.
The sole Proprietor of the company “Babita Singh” believes that the“best privilege is to give one of the best and the most impressive services to the client at affordable rates.”
“I wanted to give a unique touch to my organisation, different from the other PR organisations. My company is a start-up and SME, which is open to the potential clients whose products and services are unique and quirky and with whom we can generate newsworthy stories for the target readers. Also, the clients who possess the great potential but are unable to accelerate productive marketing in terms of PR due to lack of finance and access to reliable services, Lilliput Motions motivates them and provides them services at very affordable prices. We are a tiny organisation but keep the potential to carry out any level of PR campaign all across the nation.”
- Who is your target Audience/clients?
Chasing clients whose product and service are quirky and unique.
- Where is your venture based (city, state, country) & What are your geographical target areas?
We provide our services on a pan India basis and are looking ahead for Targeting potential clients in at international level also.
- Problems do your venture resolve? What are your products or services?
We Offer PR at a very affordable rate. What We offer: PR (Press Conference/ Release/ Media Interactions in Print & Electronic Media), Advertising (All Media) Social Media Activities (facebook,twitter,LinkedIn,Instagram, WhatsApp, YouTube) etc.
- Share the idea or story behind the venture. How did it come to an existence? What motivated you to start your own venture?
Being an Actor for almost 10 years into the television industry I always thought of doing something different to explore the corporate world. It was always in my mind to start something at a very young age so to challenge my ability and to the people who tried exploiting and suppressing my talent when I was in an internship for 5 months into an ex-company, I realized my potential and left the company with the audacity to start something of my own. I have seen many at times how do interns get exploit in some of the companies and to be very honest I had a fascinated experience as an intern which build up the potential in me to set up an organisation and grow as a PR Entrepreneur apart from Acting. I believe your talent goes to waste where people try to suppress you; instead, you should create something of your own in which you are good at and be the boss.
- Who are your biggest competitors and how do you differentiate yourself from them?
I am in competition with no one but myself.
- How did you identify your co-founder? Tell us something about your co-founder/s
I have no co-founder.
- How did you hire your first team members? What skills Do you want in your employees/team?
I was in a search of a content writer at 1st who is a professional and to have a flair for writing and luckily I found someone who is one of the renowned journalists in the industry.
- What expansion plans are you looking for the next 2 years, next 5 years?
In terms of a hierarchy of the company I definitely want to work with the experts in this field. And mostly, looking forward to working with the fresh talents who contribute to the new ideology of the generation, who is enthusiastic to explore the market, and can build cordial relations with media and garner free publicity for the clients.Please note that the candidate must possess a good command in communication skills, interpersonal skills and also should have a flair for writing.I am planning to expand my company as one of the best PR Agency and production house at international level within next 5 years.
- Where do you want to see yourself in the next 10 years?
One of the most successful Entrepreneur and Actor worldwide.
- What are your goals over the next 1, 3, 6 and 12 months?
Definitely looking forward for the expansion in terms of Hierarchy.
- Have you raised any funding? Or have any plans for the funding?
Yes I do have a plan for raising funds.
- What were the problems you faced during the starting days and how did you resolve them?
Don’t wish to answer.
- What was the most challenging part of your journey till now? How did you overcome those challenges?
Criticism from those who didn’t believe in me.But there is no world without criticism. We all do need negative comments in life at some point of time to recognise our real strength.
- Are you married, single or in a relationship?
Single. I am 23. For today’s generation, I am too young to get married and too late to find the right guy for a relationship.
- What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
Acting, singing, dancing, playing badminton and basketball and reading books.
- Whats your favourite food & holiday destination?
My favourite place is Dooars, West Bengal, and also it will be all the unexplored destinations yet to be explored.
- Whom do you consider your idol or biggest motivator?
My Mom, She is the only one who believed in me and my decisions in life.
- What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
It highly depends on their choices. What a person wants to achieve in life as an Entrepreneur or as an employee makes the difference. The appreciation goes to the prior company also that whether the entrepreneur or employee worked at its best or not.
- If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
Don’t want to answer
- How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life?
Being an Entrepreneur has changed my life and I am learning so many things in my professional life. It is a never ending beautiful adventure for me and my family is proud of me and very supportive.
- Anything, you would like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs?
For the upcoming Entrepreneurs, I would like to say –nothing is impossible in life. Just be fearless and start with what u want. We need to take a risk sometimes for the good in life without taking any risk we cannot achieve.
- Tell us something about your education & family background.
I have persued my graduation in Bachelors of mass media from KapolVidyanidhi college, kandiwali west.
- What is your USP which makes it unique & different from other start-ups in similar domains?
To give services at a very affordable rate.
- What do you think is the biggest threat to the success of small businesses & Start-ups today?
If own company’s clients’ have exploiting behaviour.
- Do you consider yourself successful and by what means do you measure success?
Not really. Unless I place my company in the international arena.
- Please share complete name, address, phone number, email id & website of Your Business & Contact Person.