Between October 9 and October 14, Indians broke every conceivable record of online shopping in India.
Such was the momentum and the drive that Indians shopped for Rs 15,000 crore worth of products via online portals, which includes Flipkart, Amazon, Shopclues, Paytm Mall and others.
On the other hand, almost half of these were smartphones sales – And leading companies like OnePlus, Xiaomi, Oppo and Realme have declared massive victories, in their respective segments.
Now, let’s check out some real numbers!
Overall Online Shopping: Rs 15,000 Crore In 5 Days!
As per RedSeer Consulting’s latest report, Indians shopped for Rs 15,000 crore between October 9th and October 14th.
This is 64% more compared to last year, when there was total of Rs 10,600 crore of online shopping registered.
- Amazon breached their last year’s numbers in mere 36 hours of the sale
- 80% of the new customers were from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities.
- Orders were received from 99% of all PIN Codes in the country
- Smartphones were the largest category based on value of transactions; fashion was the largest category in terms of units shipped
- In the fashion niche, 63% of all new orders originated from Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities
- Flipkart claimed 70% of entire ecommerce orders in India, during these 5 days
- Flipkart has claimed that they have grabbed 75% of all large appliances sold, and 85% in online fashion products.
- Paytm Mall claimed 12 million units shipped, with the largest orders coming in from these categories: mobile phones, consumer electronics, fashion and groceries.
- Shopclues claimed 1.5 million units shipped, with 80% of the orders coming in from Tier 3 and Tier 4 cities of India
- Snapdeal claimed 38% of all new orders were from new customers.
Realme Vs Xiaomi vs OnePlus: Who Won The Smartphone Battle?
Yesterday, we had reported that Flipkart alone sold 30 lakh smartphones during the festive days. It was expected that $1 billion of only smartphones will sold.
Amazon too has claimed massive numbers in the smartphone category.
Now, we are receiving numbers from the smartphone brands, and truely, Indians shopped like anything during these 5 days.
Here is a snapshot:
Realme: 10 Lakh Units on Flipkart!
Oppo’s sub-brand has claimed that they sold 10 lakh units on Flipkart’s platform, during the Big Billion Sales Day period.
Realme C1 generated immense interest, as total of 1.1 lakh units of this smartphone were sold. Realme 2 was a blockbuster hit as well. Total of 10 lakh units were sold since August. During the festive days, around 2-3 lakh units of Realme 2 sale has been approximated.
However, it was Realme 2 Pro which was the ultimate hero, as it was the #1 smartphone in terms of sale. Exact numbers were not revealed.
OnePlus: Rs 400 Crore Business in 36 Hours!
Meanwhile OnePlus has claimed that they sold Rs 400 crore of smartphones, in just 36 hours of the 2 days.
While OnePlus 6 sold like hot cakes and became #1 smartphone on Amazon India platform, there were ‘lakhs’ of pre-bookings for OnePlus 6T as well.
Exact numbers were not shared.
Xiaomi: 2.5 Million Units In 2.5 Days!
Meanwhile Xiaomi has claimed that they sold 2.5 million units in 2.5 days. These include smartphones, Mi LED TVs, Mi Band 3, Mi Power Banks, Mi Earphones, Mi Routers, and other Mi Ecosystem and accessory products on Amazon, Flipkart and Mi.com.
The sales include 100,000 Mi LED TV units and over 400,000 Mi Ecosystem products, overall.
To Read Our Daily News Updates, Please Visit Inventiva Or Subscribe Our Newsletter & Push.