- A public relations agency is suing Luka Sabbat, a 20-year-old influencer, for failing to honor his contract to wear and promote Snap Spectacles.
- According to the lawsuit, the contract required him to publish Instagram posts and stories of himself wearing the spectacles during the New York, Milan, or Paris fashion weeks. The PR agency’s client was Snap Inc.
- The contract was worth $60,000 and he was paid $45,000 upfront, the suit says.
- But Sabbat only made one Instagram post and one story of himself wearing them, and wasn’t photographed with them in public, the lawsuit said.
- The company alleges that Sabbat refused to return the $45,000 when asked. It is now suing for $90,000.
20-year-old influencer Luka Sabbat is being sued for allegedly refusing to wear Snap Spectacles in public, and posting insufficient footage of himself wearing the product on Instagram.
He is being sued by a public relations agency for $90,000, which says he failed to honor a contract signed last month with a public relations company, which required him to be photographed in public wearing Snap Spectacles.
PR Consulting, which represents Snap, filed a lawsuit against Sabbat in New York on Tuesday. Here’s what, according to the complaint, Sabbat had to do to fulfil the contract:
- Publish at least one Instagram post and three Instagram stories of himself wearing the spectacles.
- Two of the Instagram stories had to be in New York during the city’s fashion week.
- One story had to be during either Milan or Paris Fashion Week.
- Two of the three Instagram stories had to include a swipe-up link that would encourage viewers to buy the spectacles.
- Submit each post to PR Consulting prior to publish.
- Provide the firm with analytics of the post’s reach, comments, likes and views, within 24 hours of publication.
The contract was worth $60,000, of which he had been paid $45,000 upfront.
Failure to launch
However, the lawsuit says Sabbat only made one Instagram post and one Instagram story of himself wearing the spectacles.
He also failed to post an Instagram story in New York, Milan, or Paris, and failed to be photographed in public at least once while wearing the product, it said.
Here’s the single post of Sabbat wearing the spectacles:
As a result, PR Consulting said it demanded that Sabbat return the $45,000 paid to him, citing breach of contract.
Sabbat acknowledged his failure to honor the contract, but refused to pay back the money, the lawsuit said.
PR Consulting on Tuesday sued Sabbat, citing two failures: the first is breach of contract, and the second is unjust enrichment, a legal term for when a person benefits from unjust circumstances at another’s expense.
The firm demanded that he pay $45,000 plus interest and legal fees for each count, bringing the total to $90,000.
Sabbat dated Kourtney Kardashian in late September and early October, according to outlets including MailOnline, People, and Cosmopolitan. He also stars in the sitcom “Grown-ish.”
Business Insider has contacted Luka Sabbat’s representatives and PR Consulting for comment on the lawsuit.
Source: Business Insider
To Read Our Daily News Updates, Please Visit Inventiva Or Subscribe Our Newsletter & Push.