Humans are the only resource in nature which is not limited and can use other resources effectively. It’s a well-known fact that India has a whole lot of manpower. Everyone has their own interests, skills, and creativity. However, another well-known fact is that smart work beats hard work. Most of the times, people are skilled but wrongly placed which not only harms the company but is also a waste of human resource. The journey of recruitment is long and tiresome. The company’s main tasks are neglected and the efforts might or might not be fruitful. As for the employee, sometimes they end up being the victim of fake HR consultancies, which is demotivating as well as a waste of time and efforts. The companies have an unlimited number of applicants. Quantity does not guarantee quality, but then who does? SMVA Consultants, recognized as one of India’s leading HR management consultant’s provide innovative recruitment service, training platforms & outsourcing service for the corporate world. Their services are mainly helpful to Entrepreneurs, HR Managers, Network specialists, startup enthusiasts, and job seekers.
With their Head Office in Kolkata, and units present in the following cities: Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai, Goa, and Delhi, they assist corporate houses in recruitment and training solutions covering areas like Employee Engagement, Compensation, Employee Benefits, and Talent Mobility. Based out of India they have served to clients across 15+ countries which is a proof itself of their hard work and the quality of work that they provide. With a client-centric approach and customized end to end service, they have served almost 570+ clients.
Despite having a lot of competition in this industry, Gaurav Agarwal decided to lay the foundation of SMVA consultants. Their transparency and quality separate them from the rival firms. Here is an exclusive interview stating the journey and struggles of SMVA Consultants over the years.
1. What is the source of inspiration behind the name of your venture?
SMVA Is actually the portfolio of our SERVICES
Management Exim Services
Value Added Training
2. Who all are your target audience/clients?
our targets are Entrepreneurs HRMANAGERS; network specialists; startup enthusiasts and job seekers
3. Your current operations are located in which regions and Where are you based?
Our current HO IS in Kolkata, WB, India. We have our units in Bangalore, Pune, Chennai, Mumbai, Goa, Delhi.
4. What problems does your venture resolve? What are your products or services?
We solve the problem of Quality Manpower. We help in recruitment and training solutions.
Our services include:
Management Exim Services
Value Added Training
5. Would you like to Share the idea or story behind the foundation of SMVA?
SMVA CONSULTANTS initiated as a service wing of 1997 started SMVA GROUP.
6. Do you face any rivalry and how do you differentiate yourself from them?
We are the only consultancy in India into franchising and giving a packages deal of Recruitment, outsourcing, and TRAININGS. Also, we have been providing corporate services and served 570+ clients across 15+ countries
7. How do you identify your co-founder? Would you like to tell us something about them?
The co-founder Gaurav Agarwal is a team player, angel investor, and A Management consultant. He is a CA BY academics and has experience of working in MNC s in India and abroad.
8. What is your idea of team formulation? What type of qualities do you search for in your team?
Sincerity and Hard work with strong ethics
9. What are your growth or expansion plans for the next 2 or 5 years?
We will add 30 more Franchise Units within 6th June 2019. Expansion in India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, and Nepal.
10. Where do you see yourself 10 years down the line?
As a GO TO CONSULTANT for every corporate house
11. What are your short-term goals?
36 Associate FRANCHISE within 6th June
12. Have you risen any funding yet? Are you looking for the same?
We are planning to share the equity after September 2019
13. Please share your incubation days struggle issues while setting up this venture, and how did you resolve them?
Finding the right Team members is the core. Entity grows with the team and vice versa. Also keeping ourselves abreast with the changing client’s requirements has been challenging. However, with the right kind of advisory, we traversed the struggling times smoothly.
14. What was or has been the most challenging part of your journey? How do you overcome the same?
Same as above
15. What is your idea of stress management?
Keeping your self-busy with productive things and giving a pat on the back acts a big motivational booster for each 1 of the team member
16. What do you do to escape the work life in your leisure time?
Traveling. Also, I make sure that I spend good time with my family.
17. Where would you like to escape to for a holiday?
Andaman and Nicobar Island
18. Whom do you consider your idol/role model or biggest motivator and why?
A critic who always help You to stay grounded and handles success with grace
19. What makes entrepreneurs different from service class professionals?
20. Which part of your life would you like to rewrite if given a chance to restart with your career today?
Probably I should have laid more emphasis on the practical aspect of the Curriculum I was following during my college days and post graduation degree
21. How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life?
The best part is that my better half is an integral part of the same business. Hence we have more topics to discuss.
22. Is there anything, you’d like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs?
Have faith and keep working smart with the right guidance
23. Tell us something about your education & family background.
I m a graduate from ST Xaviers and A Chartered accountant
I hail from an educated middle-class background
24. What is your USP or biggest strength that makes you stand apart from your competitors?
Our deliverables and our transparency
25. Why do you think start-ups are so vulnerable to the external business environment? What according to you are the threats to their stability?
Lack of Right self-strategy and just riding as per the competitor’s insights is grossly wrong
Maintaining their core strengths and doing a proper and clear SWOT ANALYSIS will help.
26. Do you consider yourself successful and by what means do you measure success?
Success is a journey and not a destination. It can be measured once your family is feeling proud of your achievements
Address – Kolkata West Bengal
Phone – 9831791317
Email – [email protected]
website – www.smvaconsultants.com