We continue with our discussion on building for India in the #INSIGHTSpodcast Series and in this episode, we focus on selling to manufacturing SMEs. To talk about this important topic, We have Narayan, Co-founder of Power2SME, a “buying club” for SMEs. Narayan is a serial entrepreneur and before starting Power2SMe, he was the founder and CEO of Denave, India’s largest technology powered sales enabling services company.
On this podcast, we discuss building a B2B marketplace for the Indian Industry:
Identifying a value proposition that can scale
Importance of aligning with the interests of all players in the ecosystem
Building out the marketplace
- Building out a marketplace for large sellers and small buyers
- How is the market structured, and the quality of supply in India
- Onboarding small unorganized players onto an organized marketplace
Working capital for SMEs
- Challenges with getting credit for SMEs
- Why is working capital a big issue for SMEs? Potential for innovation
- Taking on risk with NBFCs to enable credit for SMEs
- The ILFS, liquidity crunch and how the credit system operates
Lessons learnt from running a startup
- The ups and downs of running a startup – dealing with market effects
- Effects of policy and regulation on business and SME
- Diversification of portfolio of customers and lenders
- Advice for startup founders – the importance of building a strong leadership and mentorship network
Anand Daniel is a seed/early stage venture investor with Accel Partners.
To Read Our Daily News Updates, Please Visit Inventiva Or Subscribe Our Newsletter & Push.