PMDHM: Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced the Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission via video conference on Monday. As announced on August 15, 2020, a pilot program is launched to support the National Digital Health Mission.
Pradhan Mantri Digital Health Mission (PM-DHM) currently operates in six Union Territories as a pilot program. In India, an ambitious health reform mission begins today.
The Ayushman Bharat Yojana was implemented on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyaya three years ago. During the launch event, Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed his joy that Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission launched nationwide.
Through the PM-DHM platform, health-related personal information is protected from loss, theft, and misuse, while PM-DHM provides a broad range of data, news Mission infrastructure services. The Mission would make longitudinal medical records available to citizens with their cooperation. Similarly to how the Unified Payments Interface revolutionized the payments industry, this Mission will enable interoperability within the digital health ecosystem.
According to a Government statement, PM-DHM is being rolled out nationwide at the same time as Ayushman Bharat Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana is being celebrated on the third anniversary.
Description of the Digitized Health Mission (PMDHM)
- PM-DHM is a health management plan that includes a unique 14-digit health identification number for every citizen. There will be a central repository for all health information submitted to national ID systems, and citizen health records will be accessible and exchangeable with the health ID upon consent.
- Citizen longitudinal health records can be accessed and exchanged with the Mission’s consent.
- An individual’s basic details and Aadhaar number or mobile number are used to create their Health ID.
- Under the NDHM, health identification is free and voluntary. As a result of analyzing health data, states and health programs will plan better, budget better, implement better, and achieve cost optimization.
- Each test, every illness, the doctors I have visited, the medications I have taken, and my diagnosis will be recounted in this health record. Patients can access health information even if they move to a different place and consult another doctor since the data is portable and easily accessible.
- With this Mission, hospitals, doctors, and healthcare providers will do business more efficiently.