Under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana launched by the government, people from weaker income groups can buy cheap houses in urban and rural areas. Under this scheme, CLSS or credit linked subsidy is given to first time home buyers. That means, subsidy on home loan is given for buying a house. The maximum subsidy under this can be up to Rs 2.67 lakh.
In Budget 2020, the government had announced an increase in the threshold limit for the difference between the transaction value and the circle rate to 10%, from the previous 5% level.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched on June 25, 2015 and a target has been set to construct 2 crore houses by 31 March 2022. Under this, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) and Lower Income Group (LIG) with annual income of 3 lakh to 6 lakh, Middle Income Group 1 (MIG1) with 6 lakh to 12 lakh annual income and middle income group with 12 lakh to 18 lakh annual income can get the benefit. Credit Linked Subsidy will continue to benefit EWS and LIG till 31 March 2022, but Middle Income Group 1 (MIG1) and Middle Income Group 2 (MIG2) will get this benefit only by applying till 31 March 2020.
If you want to apply after lockdown then you must have these documents.
For salaried people
- It is necessary to have a PAN card as an identity card. Apart from this, a voter ID, Aadhaar card, passport, driving license, any photo icard issued by government will also work.
- Voter card, Aadhar card, Passport, Life insurance policy, Residence address certificate, Rent agreement on stamp paper or address written on bank passbook as address proof will work. At the same time, for income proof, bank statements of last 6 months, receipt of income tax return (ITR) and salary slip of last 2 months has to be presented.
- For property proof, you have to give sale deed, sale / purchase agreement, property registration certificate or payment receipt if availble.
- If you are not a salaried person then it is necessary to have a PAN card for identity proof. Apart from this, Voter ID, Aadhar Card, Passport, Driving License, any government issued photo Icard will also work.
- For address proof voter card, Aadhar card, passport, copy of bill which may contain telephone bill, gas bill, electricity bill can be provided. Last 3 months bank statement from commercial nationalized bank, address on saving account in post office, life insurance policy, residence address certificate, rent agreement on stamp paper or address written on bank passbook will also work.
If you are the owner of a shop, firm, company, then for proof of address, Shop and Establishment Certificate, Trade License Certificate, SSI Registration Certificate, PAN Card, Sales Tax / VAT Certificate. Factor Registration Certificate in case of being a firm is necessary and export and import code certificate is also important.
If you are not employed, then ITR (Income Tax Return) or Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss Account of last 2 financial year in the form of Income Certificate or Last 6 Month Saving Account Statement and 6 Month Current Account Statement for Business Entity can be given. For property proof, you must keep property documents, agreement copy, allotment letter or buyer agreement or payment receipt if available.