Coronavirus pandemic has been one such pandemic, people of the global community neither expected and nor believed to ever experience. The prime minister talked of an extravagant rise of oxygen needs that India in its history of 70 years of independence never did. The involvement of the navy and army to reach out to address the worst affected areas were also addressed. Coronavirus has been labelled as the most significant destroyer of the Indian economy and the lives of innocent people. In the previous 100 years of the history of India, no other disease could create such a biological massacre as did by covid19. However, it is agreeable and justiciable to say that India formed an excruciating network with its allies which resulted in such a good response from their end to the medical emergency kind situation in our country. However it is appropriate to talk of key efforts taken by the community of Indians as a whole at both unitary and central levels, the gist of it includes :
- India’s first-ever oxygen express rail was used to carry and transfer oxygen to the worst affected areas. The empty cylinders were loaded at Kalamboli in Mumbai to be filled at Visakhapatnam.
- One crore vaccinations were reserved for frontline warriors who worked tirelessly day and night to serve countrymen.
- Increased awareness of COVID PROTOCOL- wearing a mask and distance of 2 foot from every person
- India emerged as the largest producer of coronavirus vaccine despite holding a couple of companies producing that.
- The vaccination coverage of India in 2014 was only 60% and rose to 90% in 2019 under the MISSION INDRADHANUSH. This paved way to develop coronavirus vaccine in India which saved millions of dollars.
- In less than a year, 2 made in India vaccines were launched which proved India is not way behind countries with booming economies.
- 23 crores doses of vaccines have already been administered to citizens as of June 7 2020.
- Before the research came to an end the logistics for its production were already made accessible to the VACCINE TASK FORCE to avoid any hassles.
- The government contributed to every segment of vaccine production starting from providing funds for research and development to administering clinical trials under ATMA NIRBHAR BHARAT and COVID SURAKSHA MISSION.
- Contemporarily 7 companies have been producing vaccines at an abundance rate and 3 others vaccines are under trial.
The prime minister also addressed the need for the security of small children and youngsters of India and declared that covid vaccine will be of no cost for those aged 18 and above. The situation of each state has also been quite improving.
Delhi recorded more than 25000 cases in the first week of may and declined to 231 fresh cases in June first week. After months-long restrictions on the movement of people, the day of 8 June proved to be a new beginning as a lot of shops and vehicular movement was evident in the capital city. Long queues of traffic were evident at Delhi’s ITO with an influx of migrant workers coming back to Delhi from their hometowns. SN Shrivastava, police commissioner of Delhi, quoted in a statement “Unlock has indeed happened but being responsible citizens, it is still mandatory to exercise caution. therefore it is integral to understand the disease has bent down but still exists. Relaxation noticeably happened but still, restrictions are continuing in various sectors. Bars are supposed to open on an odd-even day basis whereas restaurants, gymnasiums, spas, salons, parlours and cinema halls will remain shut over time till further notice by the Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal. Delhi metro, one of the most convenient and affordable modes of transport, will continue to operate at a 50 % rate. Following a survey conducted by DELHI ECONOMIC SURVEY REPORT, the daily ridership of the metro stood at 57 lakhs before nationwide lockdown in 2020. It stood at 10 lakhs post lockdown.
Maharashtra, the financial hub of India, recorded more than half of the country’s tally of coronavirus in 2021 April and may have been observing a declining trend after it recorded no more than 10219 cases on June 8, the tally stood at lowest since March 9. CM Thackery devised a 5- level unlock plan which began on June 7. These 5 levels aimed at hindering the transmission of coronavirus and continuation of social and economic activity in an anti-covid manner. The Public Health Department has been advised to publish the positivity rate along with oxygen beds occupation in each district. Based on the data collected every Thursday, the district management authority will take over the duty to establish relevant levels of ease of restrictions in the particular districts. the responsibility of easing and restricting rests with local administration and can take a call on easing or tightening based on the situation. It must decide on easing the norms based on the criteria and the five levels set under Break The Chain,” CM Uddhav Thackeray said in a statement.
Tamil Nadu is still running high on cases as the state recorded more than 19448 cases on Monday 7 June. The death toll stood at 351 which is not very appreciable. The government allocated Rupees 25 crore package to CMPRF to secure Amphotericin B. this drug is used for various purposes as it is an antifungal medication that fights infections caused by fungus. Amphotericin B is used to treat serious, life-threatening fungal infections as well. This allocation of funds was done keeping in mind the rising cases of black fungus.
This was an overview of the happenings in various states in India which are fighting in a quite determined way with aid from local and national experts.