The Reliance Jio GigaFiber is its last stage, and we are just a few weeks away from the final roll out. The company announced its much-awaited Jio GigaFiber at the last AGM in July.
The registrations kick-started on August 15, and we are in the final phase now.
While Jio GigaFiber is prepping up for a pan-India launch, its competitors are not taking it easy this time. Jio’s closest rivals Bharti Airtel and state-run BSNL both have competitive plans ready to take on Reliance Jio this time.
The broadband market is comparatively small compared to the telecom market. The audience is growing, and the lightning-fast speeds have pushed a lot for customers to take up broadband.
Jio GigaFiber vs Airtel V-Fiber vs BSNL FTTH Broadband: Comparison
So, which company has the best broadband service available in the country. Let’s find out.
Here’s a full comparison between Reliance Jio GigaFiber, Airtel V-Fiber and BSNL FTTH Broadband.
India’s largest telecom operator Airtel launched its V-Fiber network a few months back, and now its available in some of the major Indian cities.
- The network uses the latest fiber to deploy its broadband offering lightning fast download and upload speeds.
- Airtel V-Fiber is now available in Delhi-NCR, Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Mumbai, Hyderabad, Chennai, Pune and Indore.
- Airtel V-Fiber has plans starting at Rs 799 plan which comes with 100GB of monthly data at 40 Mbps.
- The Airtel V-Fiber plans also offer unlimited voice calling benefits bundled with the plans.
- The other V-Fiber plans priced at Rs 1,299 and Rs 1,999 plans offer 500GB and unlimited monthly data respectively at 100Mbps speeds.
- The only limitation of Airtel V-Fiber is its availability. The plans and network are currently available in limited circles only.
- Airtel V-Fiber subscribers get a free broadband router and free Amazon Prime subscription for a year.
- The single V-Fiber router can be connected up to 10 devices at a time.
BSNL FTTH Broadband
With one of the largest broadband networks, BSNL has a huge subscriber base across the country.
- BSNL broadband service is available across the country, with FTTH service in select circles only.
- Starting at just Rs 777 a month, the basic BSNL broadband plan offers 500GB of monthly data at 50Mbps, with unlimited usage post exhaustion at 2 Mbps.
- The next plan priced at Rs 1,277 offers 750GB of data a month at 100Mbps, with unlimited usage post exhaustion at 2 Mbps.
- BSNL doesn’t charge for any activation or installation of their broadband service. [One-time security fee and router charges are applicable.]
- Calling benefits are included with select broadband plans.
Reliance Jio GigaFiber
Jio GigaFiber services are yet to be rolled out. The company says that it’s in the last phase, and services may roll out in just a few weeks.
- Reliance Jio tied up with Hathway and Den recently to strengthen the Jio GigaFiber services in multiple circles.
- The expected plans are rumored to be starting at as low as Rs 499 a month offering up to 100 Mbps speeds.
- Jio GigaFiber is currently available under a preview offer in select circles offering 100GB of monthly data allowance for 90 days at 100Mbps for free.
- Users will get Jio GigaTV with GigaHub for a refundable security deposit of Rs 4,500.
- Jio DTH services are expected to be rolled out later, usable with the same connected Jio GigaHub.
- Jio suite of apps will be available as a bundled package with Jio GigaFiber.
To Read Our Daily News Updates, Please Visit Inventiva Or Subscribe Our Newsletter & Push.