Indian Government likely to announce 100% absolute total lockdown for 15 days in coming few days. The current situation of corona is spreading like jungle fire in India and Indian government is unable to control and tackle it, poor sanitation, lack of testing kits, ignorance of common people i.e not going for isolation, neglecting the symptoms and lack of proper healthcare infra is making the situation more worse, as per some reports total coronavirus infected patients number as of now in India is 322, just today itself, there had been 70 cases identified where people were tested positive for corona.
As per media reports, Delhi CM Arvind Kejrival has also announced that, they may lockdown entire Delhi if situation would go out of hand.
Today’s Important Updates
- A 57-year-old man was found corona positive in Dum Dum, West Bengal. There were four cases of infection in the state.
- On March 15, the report of 215 individuals from Italy was negative. They were admitted to the Quarantine Center in Chawla, Delhi. It has 151 males and 64 females.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jairam Thakur said – A case has been registered against two Corona positive people in the state. Both were not cooperating with health officials.
- Amit Khare, Secretary, Ministry of Human Resource Development, said that teachers and other staff of schools, colleges and universities will work from home till 31 March.
- Delhi Police said – Information released in their name is fake. It says that when the public comes out at the time of curfew, 11 thousand rupees will be charged as fine.
- Air India’s 787 Dreamliner aircraft left for Rome to evacuate Indian students stranded in Rome, Italy. The aircraft will return to Delhi tomorrow morning.
- On March 22, Go Air canceled all its flights in support of the Janata curfew. IndiGo announced the reduction of its flights.
- Six trains (14309, 14310, 22413, 22414, 29019 and 29020) were canceled by Western Railway on Saturday.
- AIIMS put most of its employees under coronavirus control. Only emergency surgery will be done here from Saturday. From March 23, registration under the regular walk-in at OPD will be stopped.
Situation of Different States in India
Puducherry: Chief Minister V Narayanasamy said – Section 144 will be imposed in the state from March 23 to 31. People can buy goods from 7 to 9 in the morning and 6 to 9 in the evening.
Gujarat: Separate infection control hospitals will be set up in Rajkot, Baroda, Ahmedabad and Surat to fight the coronavirus. These hospitals will be ready in 2-3 days.
Odisha: 40% of Odisha, including the capital Bhubaneswar, has been closed for a week due to coronavirus. It consists of 5 districts and 8 major cities. Return from abroad 70% of the total 3200 people are from these districts.
Jammu and Kashmir: Jammu-Srinagar Waqf Board prohibited group prayer in religious places including mosques.
Maharashtra: Four cities of Maharashtra – Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune and Pimpri Chinchwad have been locked. Health Minister Rajesh Tope said – Those working for essential services are allowed to go in local trains and buses. For this, they have to show their ID card. The movement of passenger vehicles between Goa and Maharashtra has been stopped.
Madhya Pradesh: Lockdown-like situation in Bhopal too. Here, more than 50 people have been banned for shopping for essential items in malls. Four patients were found in Jabalpur for the first time on Friday.
Rajasthan: The state on Saturday reported 1 case in Jaipur and 5 in Bhilwara. Earlier on Friday, eight cases were received. There were six patients from Bhilwara and two from Jaipur. Of the six people who have been infected in Bhilwara, three are doctors and three compounders.
Ladakh: Three more infected were found in the state. Two of them have been found positive in Leh and one in Kargil. Everyone’s condition is stable. In this union territory, there have now been 13 total infections.
Karnataka: Three new cases of coronavirus were reported in the state. Now the total positive cases are 18 here.
Uttarakhand: Four Point Hotel in Rajpur has been closed with immediate effect. A woman staying here has been found infected.
Uttar Pradesh: Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has announced the help of 1 lakh rupees to 15 lakh daily wage laborers of the state and 20 lakh 37 thousand laborers engaged in construction work, so that they can gather their daily necessities. Gorakhnath temple in Gorakhpur was closed till 31 March and Sankatmochan Hanuman temple of Varanasi till 25 March.
Himachal: Chief Minister Jairam Thakur has confirmed infection of coronavirus in two people in Kangra district. 35 tourists from Nepal and Israel were returned from Mandi district. They were going to Manali. The SDM of Surendranagar said that eight tourists were returned to Shimla on Friday.
Kerala: 12 new cases were found in the state on Saturday. A total of 52 cases have been confirmed so far. In Kasargod, all government and private offices were closed for a week from March 21. Except the grocery and medical shop in the city, the remaining shops will remain closed from 11 am to 5 pm. The Kochi Metro is being closed from 22 March. The Kerala High Court on Friday dismissed the petition seeking online sale of liquor. The petitioner said that it would be better to do this to reduce congestion.
Bengal: Female infection from Scotland confirmed in West Bengal. This is the third case of coronavirus in the state.
Maharashtra has the highest number of confirmed positive cases of coronavirus.