Top 10 Best Managed Security Service Providers in India in 2022
Top 10 Best Managed Security Service Providers in India in 2022
Overview of Managed Security Service Providers:
Anyone who uses the internet is vulnerable to attack. The attack could be of any form, such as malware or hacking, spam emails or a distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack, and so on.
When these types of attacks occur on your website, they significantly impact your organization. Managed security services are network security services that an enterprise outsources to a service provider to avoid (MSS).
As a result, these services are essential to managing any organization’s I.T. security.
Vendors and Managed Security Services
A Managed Security Service Provider is a vendor that offers managed network and other security services (MSSP).
The ISP inspired the MSSP concept (Internet Service Provider).
Previously, Internet Service Providers supplied this form of security through firewall protection (ISP). Customers were also charged for dial-up connection fees. This firewall protection was placed independently on the customer’s machine, referred to as Customer Premises Equipment (CPE).
Hiring employees to manage these security duties within a firm might be an expensive choice. As a result, outsourcing security services will be a more cost-effective choice. Previously, these service providers exclusively catered to large-scale industries or businesses.
However, many MSSPs now provide services to both small and medium-sized organizations.
Managed Security includes the following services:
- Threat monitoring 24 hours a day,
- Seven days a week,
- firewall administration,
- patch management,
- security audits,
- incident response
Managed Services in I.T. Security are classified into the following categories:
- In-person consulting: it includes integration with other products, post-attack support, and emergency event response.
- Perimeter management of the client’s network: This comprises firewall management and threat detection for hardware and software.
- Managed security monitoring: it entails continuously scanning the network for threats.
- Penetration testing and vulnerability assessments: it entail scanning applications and attempting to hack the programme to find any weaknesses.
- Compliance monitoring: it entails keeping logs for changes in the system that violate security policies.
Benefits of Managed Security Service Provider
According to a recent Accenture report, cybercrime would cost businesses more than $5.2 trillion in additional costs and lost income over the next five years. Companies cannot afford inadequate protection as crimes get more sophisticated, frequently adding ransomware on top of the already massive damages.
Despite these difficult findings, even the most prominent security solutions have flaws. Without the proper safeguards in place, these revolving dangers may quickly destroy a corporation, spending millions of dollars and causing irreparable damage to their reputation. Managed security service companies can mitigate and address these cybersecurity threats, giving them significant advantages over an in-house security team.
MSSPs provide numerous advantages to enterprises, including:
- Unrivalled Security
One of the most significant advantages that MSSPs provide is unparalleled protection. Most MSSPs offer cutting-edge, advanced solutions that use the most cutting-edge technology on the market, such as A.I., machine learning, and dark web threat intelligence. Given that the majority of MSSPs have operations all over the world, they have unique insights into the global threat landscape. These companies specialize in early threat detection and protection since they are continually updated with the latest cybersecurity threats.
- Constant supervision
Round-the-clock monitoring and oversight.
24 hours a day.
Seven days a week.
365 days a year.
This type of ongoing monitoring necessitates a significant investment in technology and labour, with many I.T. specialists working full-time around the clock for organizations that prefer to manage security in-house. MSSPs ensure that systems are constantly monitored, regardless of the time of day or night.
- Experts in Security
While most administrators understand that security is a shared duty with their cloud provider, they aren’t always clear on what AWS handles and what security controls they must take on their own. There is no dispute about MSSPs. You may be confident that they have extensive experience dealing with AWS and the necessary advanced security measures. These individuals are experts in their industry, specializing in risk management, control implementation, and building unique security solutions for each specific firm.
- Unique solutions
Security has genuinely become a full-time business with industry standards and requirements. You must be aware of and follow regulatory standards when dealing with personal health information, financial data, or other confidential information. MSSPs have specialized employees who ensure that your firm complies with all applicable requirements while minimizing risks and preserving security.
- Reliable Assistance
The bulk of firms, large and small, have too many day-to-day duties to add another thing on top of them. Employees can keep focused on the company’s primary mission and goals by working with an MSSP. Executives are better equipped to engage people, produce value, and service customers with reliable support.
- Savings on expenses
MSSPs save organizations significant sums of money each year in various ways. The first is the amount of money saved by employing fewer people. Salary alone for full-time InfoSec employees might cost at least $300,000 per year, not including office space, training, and benefits.
The following method by which managed services save businesses money is through technology. MSSPs may always stay up to date on the latest technology and procedures on the market, defending against whatever worldwide dangers cyber thieves devise next. The savings on unpredictability in capital expenditures and the cost of licencing and training enable businesses to replace them with predictable operational costs.
The following is a list of the leading providers who offer these services.
Cipher, founded in 2000, is a global cybersecurity firm that provides a variety of services, including Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Managed Security Services (MSS), Cyber Intelligence Services (CIS), Red Team Services (RTS), Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC), and Cybersecurity Technology Integration (CTI). Cipher Labs, an elite threat and cyber intelligence research and development facility, and five 24×7 Security Operations Centers support these services (SOC).
Cipher is an ISO 27001, ISO 20000, ISO 9001, SOC I, SOC II, PCI QSA, and PCI ASV certified firm. Cipher’s service quality has earned numerous honours and distinctions from world-renowned research firms such as Frost & Sullivan and Forrester. Clients range from mid-sized businesses to world-renowned organizations and government agencies, with multiple success stories.
- Reliability: They are part of a large publicly traded corporation. Knowing that your cybersecurity partner has the resources to make anything happen might provide you with peace of mind. Cipher is a component of Prosegur.
- Global Exposure: They have offices in 26 countries spread over five continents. Because of globalism, every action you take online has an impact worldwide. Cipher is there to protect you when information crosses borders.
- A platform for Total Risk Management: Cipher is available as Integra, the market’s most complete security platform. Customers benefit from combining the digital and physical worlds. This 360-degree view of the market ensures that nothing is overlooked.
- Focus: They are a “pure-player” with a high level of specialization. Although they have been involved in the more significant subject of security, our division is only concerned with cybersecurity.
- Twenty years of cybersecurity history and numerous success stories. History is essential when looking for a firm to trust. Cipher’s history is littered with stories of people going above and beyond to get the job done.
- Experience: Cipher is trusted by over a thousand enterprise clients from various nations and industries. They have delivered on projects ranging from the local to the global, from small businesses to major corporations.
- Reputation: Many accolades and awards from world-class research firms, including Gartner, Frost & Sullivan, and Forrester.
- Capabilities: Scalable processes that monitor over one billion security events everyday Knowledge and intelligence are created through exposure and volume.
- Innovation: Cipher Labs is a top-tier cyber intelligence lab that creates cutting-edge technology and threat intelligence to support our products and services. The cyber threat world is always changing, and so should your partner.
- Highly Certified: Cipher has the highest level of cybersecurity certifications
SecurityHQ is a global services provider that identifies and responds to attacks in real-time. As your security partner, we monitor and respond to threats on your behalf. Gain access to a team of analysts who will work with you to extend your unit 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. With our Global Security Operation Centres, you can get customized guidance and complete visibility to ensure your peace of mind. Use our award-winning security solutions, expertise, people, and process skills to speed up operations while lowering risk and total security costs.
Since its inception in 2003, SecurityHQ has grown to become one of the most advanced Managed Security Service providers globally, with Security Operation Centers located in the United Kingdom, the Middle East, the Americas, India, and Australia.
- Security Operations Centers can be found all over the world, including the United Kingdom, the Middle East, the Americas, India, and Australia.
- Fantastic Collaboration: Our team of 200+ specialists is available on-demand and includes some of the industry’s most experienced and skilled professionals.
- The Incident Management Platform from SecurityHQ is a cutting-edge platform that provides our clients with unparalleled access to their networks.
- SecurityHQ Response App: They are the only managed service provider who is confident in delivering our services through an app, platform, and online.
- With a limited budget, defend against unlimited threats.
Secureworks safeguards businesses with battle-tested, best-in-class cybersecurity solutions. Their purpose-driven technologies, built on the TaegisTM Cloud-Native Security Platform, prevent, identify, and respond to constantly emerging threats and vulnerabilities to help you reduce risk, maximize existing I.T. investments, and close the current cyber skills gap.
They have a Counter Threat Platform (CTP) that provides superior data analytics and security insights. They provide security services 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to help you expand your network’s perimeter.
- Advanced Malware Detection and Protection (AMDP), Managed Firewall, Managed IDS/IPS, iSensor, and other enterprise network monitoring tools are available.
- Endpoint security includes Advanced Endpoint Threat Detection (AETD), Enhanced Endpoint Threat Prevention (AETP), Supervised Server Protection, and other features.
- Vulnerability Management includes Advanced Vulnerability Scanning, Managed Web Application Scanning, Managed Policy Compliance, PCI Scanning, and Prioritization of Vulnerability Threats.
- Log management is part of security monitoring.
- Integrated Solutions: Consist of managed detection and response.
International Business Machines Business (IBM) is a multinational technology corporation headquartered in Armonk, New York, in more than 171 countries. The Computing-Tabulating-Recording Company (CTR) was formed in 1911 in Endicott, New York, by trust merchant Charles Ranlett Flint and was renamed “International Business Machines” in 1924. IBM is headquartered in New York.
IBM manufactures and sells computer hardware, middleware, and software and hosting and consulting services spanning from mainframe computers to nanotechnology. IBM is also a prominent research organization, having held the record for the most yearly U.S. patents generated by a business for 28 straight years (as of 2020).
IBM pioneered the ATM, floppy discs, hard disc drives, magnetic stripe cards, relational databases, SQL programming language, UPC barcodes, and dynamic random-access memory (DRAM). The IBM mainframe, as exemplified by the System/360, was the dominant computer platform during the 1960s and 1970s.
- Services based on artificial intelligence
- Big data and data platforms are two terms that can be used interchangeably.
- Outsourcing of business processes.
- Cutting-edge consultancy.
- Finance consulting and outsourcing services are available.
- Consulting on operations.
- Managed services and procurement consultancy
Verizon Communications Inc., generally known as Verizon, is a Dow Jones Industrial Average component and an American global telecommunications conglomerate. The headquarters are located at 1095 Avenue of the Americas in Midtown Manhattan, New York, but incorporated in Delaware.
Verizon’s mobile network has 120.9 million users as of the end of Q4 2020, making it the largest telecom carrier in the United States. In addition, as of 2017, Verizon is the only publicly listed telecoms corporation with two stock listings in its home nation, the NYSE (primary) and the NASDAQ (secondary). In 2017, it was also the second-largest telecommunications business by revenue, after only AT&T.
- Services provided around the clock, seven days a week.
- A quick rundown of the incident’s details.
- Data analysis combined with log management.
- An in-depth examination of incidence trends.
- Security monitoring and analysis based on intelligence.
NortonLifeLock Inc., formerly known as Symantec Corporation, is based in Tempe, Arizona. The firm offers cybersecurity software and services. NortonLifeLock is a Fortune 500 firm and an S&P 500 stock index component. In addition, the corporation maintains development facilities in Pune, Chennai, and Bangalore.
- Continuous sophisticated threat monitoring 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Incident response services are provided by DeepSight intelligence.
- Indicators for detecting sophisticated, persistent threats.
- Analyze logs from the past.
7. Trustwave Holdings
Trustwave Holdings is an autonomous standalone business unit and cybersecurity brand of Singaporean telecommunications giant Singtel Group Enterprise specializing in enterprise network security and internet security. Trustwave is now the only organization in all geographic zones that is an authorized PCI Forensic Investigator.
- Threat Management encompasses managed threat detection, SIEM, managed two-factor authentication, managed UTM, email security, SSL service lifecycle management, incident response and readiness, and other services.
- Vulnerability management encompasses managed security testing, application scanning, managed Web application firewall, network vulnerability scanning, and database and large data scanning.
- Compliance Management includes risk assessment, PCI compliance, security awareness, security awareness education, and other related topics.
8. AT&T Inc.
AT&T Inc. (formerly the American Telephone and Telegraph Company) is a Delaware-registered American multinational conglomerate holding company headquartered in Downtown Dallas, Texas. It is the largest telecommunications corporation globally and the largest provider of mobile telephone services in the United States. With $181 billion in revenue in 2020, AT&T was ranked 9th on the Fortune 500 list of the largest firms in the United States.
People and businesses around the United States are connected via their internet connectivity, high-speed fibre, and wireless broadband networks. They also offer modern IP-based solutions to organizations of all kinds, and our wireless services connect consumers and businesses across Mexico.
They provide captivating entertainment experiences through HBO Max, their software-based entertainment provider.
AT&T’s diverse portfolio of businesses collaborates to provide connectivity, technology, entertainment, news, advertising, and other services to clients worldwide.
- Internet security
- DDoS Protection
- Mobile Security Protected by a Private Intranet
- Firewall Security
- A firewall that is network-based
- Firewall for web applications
- Service for intrusion detection/prevention
- Secure email gateway
- Endpoint protection
- Service for web security
- Firewall installed on-premises
- Services for encryption
- Services for Token Authentication
- Solutions for security analysis and advice.
Wipro Limited is a multinational Indian company headquartered in Bangalore, Karnataka. FMCG, lighting, information technology, and consulting are its many operations. According to the Fortune India 500, it is the 29th largest Indian firm in total sales. It is also India’s ninth-largest employer, with about 221,000 employees.
- Threat Management Assembled
- Authentication Management
- Management of identity and access
- Operations involving PKI
- Operational Security
- Monitoring of Security
- Control and reporting on compliance
10. BAE Systems
BAE Systems plc (BAE) is a multinational British armament, security, and aerospace corporation headquartered in London, England. It is Europe’s largest defence contractor and the world’s seventh-largest based on relevant 2021 revenues. It is the largest manufacturer in the United Kingdom as of 2017. Its most essential operations are in the United Kingdom and the United States. Its subsidiary BAE Systems Inc. is one of the six top suppliers to the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Total Security Monitoring
- Managed Detection and Response for Security Events (MDR)
- Endpoint Monitoring with Host Agent Endpoint Detection & Response via Host Agent Business Defense Assessment Compliance Monitoring Security Device Management
Any organization’s information security is critical. All managed security service providers mentioned in this article provide excellent services.
Apart from the aforementioned top MSS providers, additional well-known names in MSSPs include DXC Technology, Atos, Capgemini, HCL Technologies, Orange Business Services, Fujitsu, and others.
Edited and published by Ashlyn Joy