Indian telecom giant Bharti Airtel has collaborated with tech giant Google in order to enable its customers to be able to interact with customer care through Google Assistant, which is an artificial intelligence (AI) powered virtual assistant developed by Google that is primarily available on mobile and smart home devices.
With this, Airtel users will now be able to interact with Google’s virtual assistant to get answers to various queries pertaining to their subscribed plans, data usage and account balance.
Launched as a part of Airtel’s Project Next – Airtel’s digital innovation program, this feature is currently available in English and will eventually be rolled out in regional languages as well in order to deliver a personalized experience to millions of smartphone users, the company said in a statement.
Available for both, the postpaid and prepaid users, the Google Assistant feature works both on Android and iOS smartphones. While the prepaid users will be able to inquire details about their data balance, offers, account balance and recharge details, the postpaid will be able to ask Google Assistant information about their outstanding balance, bill summary, current data usage, details about their current plans, and details about other postpaid plans.
Airtel will track what questions customers are asking and enable responses to them via Google Assistant.
How Airtel Customers can Use Google Assistant Feature
- Android users –Long press the home button to launch Google Assistant,
- iOS users –Download Google Assistant on their iPhones or any Apple device.
- Once the Google Assistant is ready, users can say– “Talk to Airtel”, “Ask Airtel” or “Get Airtel” to open Airtel assistant within Google Assistant.
- To get the account details, for the first time, the Airtel assistant will ask users to link their Airtel accounts with their Google accounts.
- Once users click yes, they will be asked to enter their mobile numbers and accept the Terms of Service.
- Once they have accepted the Terms of service, they will receive an OTP.
- Once they enter the OTP, their Airtel accounts will be linked with Google.
To Read Our Daily News Updates, Please Visit Inventiva Or Subscribe Our Newsletter & Push.