Technology advancements have made the way we do things easier and better globally. The financial sector has even seen tremendous growth with the introduction of Bitcoin in 2009. Since its launch, Bitcoin has taken the spotlight as the most preferred goto asset for financial transactions.
Like other sectors, online sports betting has been around for a while, and it is currently in a golden age with the use of cryptocurrencies in crypto betting. Every day, more punters are buying into the idea of playing their favorite sports game on a crypto betting site with cryptocurrency.
Meanwhile, it is not surprising to see many online crypto sport betting sites adapting to the change by accepting crypto assets for payment and transactions. The benefits range from its convenience to enhanced security, transparency, anonymity and privacy, additional bonuses, decentralization, and many more.
If you’re looking to start your sports gambling journey as a new player, here are a few tips to help you stay on top of your games.
1. Choose a suitable online crypto sports betting site
Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies have made sports betting easier for punters online. Choosing a suitable crypto sports betting platform that ensures an excellent gaming experience is important for your journey.
Meanwhile, picking the right choice from a multitude of choices is the hardest part. Although many sites are reliable, it is almost impossible for beginners to know the best. Here are a few recommendations on 5 of the best online crypto sports betting sites you can start with.
- Coinplay: Coinplay is a crypto betting site that doubles as a sport booking site. Although relatively new, the platform offers top-notch Coinplay sports betting and coinplay virtual betting for new and avid gamers. It covers every sport with undefeatable betting odds.
The platform supports more than 30 different cryptocurrencies for payment and transactions. Apart from these, there are loyalty programs and bonus offers for all players.
- SportsBet.io: Created in 2016, SportsBet is a reliable spot to wager on your favorite sport with cryptocurrencies, especially Bitcoin. It offers support for many sports in a clean and attractive interface. Unfortunately, it doesn’t allow users from many countries, including the US, Australia, UK, Germany, and others.
- 22Bet: Also a growing name among crypto sports betting platforms, 22Bet is a Curacao-licensed reputable sports betting hub. It also offers more than 1,100 casino games on an SSL-secure platform.
- Stake.com: Stake.com is a popular crypto betting site and another Curacao-licenced casino. They offer sports betting service with a user-friendly interface, easy registration, and live betting opportunities. Although they do not offer any welcome bonus, there are cashback and loyalty bonuses for existing users.
- Cloudbet: As one of the forerunners of crypto gambling, CloudBet boasts of reliable sports booking service with an excellent game array. The platform is well known for its wide variety of crypto casino games.
2. Explore Different Crypto Options
When it comes to online crypto sports betting, punters need to familiarize themselves with different popular crypto assets. Although all cryptos offer exceptional benefits, some of them are still better than others. Fortunately, top crypto casinos support many crypto assets, including Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, TRON, Solana, USDT, etc.
The main difference between all these cryptos is their fee. If you’re looking for an extremely low fee to free crypto, you can go for Solana, Tron, or Fantom.
3. Look into Popular Sports
Sports betting is for passionate sporting fans. Therefore, you should choose a sport you’re familiar with and passionate about. Football is the most popular sport and has garnered the largest sports betting fan globally. Cricket, horse racing, basketball, hockey, and tennis are excellent examples of sports you can explore to wager on.
4. Research Thoroughly
Knowing about a sporting activity alone is not enough to win in a crypto sports betting platform. Statistics and data are available to help you make analytical decisions about the possible outcomes of a sporting event. For instance, before placing your bet, you can look at previous outings for a team, top players in the sport, head-to-head stats, and others.
5.Set Realistic Goals
One indisputable fact about sports betting is that you cannot always win. Many people burn all their money on it. However, what is important for you to know is that you need to set achievable objectives before delving into sports betting.
Setting unrealistic goals can lead to disappointment and frustration in the long run. Set achievable profit goals within a timeframe and work towards them.
6. Learn Sports Betting Strategy
Once you’re getting the hang of your games in a crypto betting site or online crypto sports betting site, it is important to learn a betting strategy. Although they don’t guarantee that you’ll always win, learning and maintaining a strategy can easily help you stay on top of your games. It will also serve as a check and balance for your activities in a crypto sports betting platform.
Some excellent sports betting strategies you can consider include:
- Winning streaks Betting
- Arbitrage betting
- Backing heavy favorites
7. Make Sound Decisions and Ignore Bias
Passion and sports flow in the same direction. Many punters wager their money on a side they love. Unfortunately, when it comes to sports betting, emotions and passions can ruin your game.
However, unless you’re confident that your side can win the event based on all indications, wagering on emotion or personal bias can be disastrous.
Responsible Gambling in Crypto Betting
Moderation is an important key to succeeding with sports betting. While losing money can cause an emotional downturn, you must control your emotions to safeguard your money.
“Cut your coat according to your cloth” – it is advisable to wager on your favorite sporting activity with an amount you can afford to lose. Emotions can easily let you get lost in the game; therefore, you should only be playing for fun.
Here are a few tips to help you maintain responsible gambling:
- Effective Risk Management: Developing risk management is equally as important as your sports betting strategy. Effective risk management helps you forecast the risk and loss so that you can develop procedures to avoid or mitigate the impending loss. It will also help you effectively manage your asset and predict your potential will or loss from a bet.
- Loss Limits: Whether you like it or not, you will certainly lose in sports betting. However, successful punters limit their loss as much as possible to protect their money. Therefore, it is important to develop strategies to cut your losses. Meanwhile, once you set and hit a stop limit, you must call it a quit.
- Deposit Limits: Betting in crypto casinos or sport booking sites is always easier since you can instantly deposit your money in case you lose your bet. However, limiting the amount of deposit you make is recommended per time, day or week. This will help avoid a total loss of money after losing a bet.
However, you can easily access the Responsible Gambling section of your crypto betting site if you feel your gambling habit is getting addictive. Alternatively, you can contact help online at the Responsible Gambling Council or National Council on Problem Gambling.
Getting started with sports betting can be dicey, especially for new sports bettors. However, the tips above can help you kick-start your success. Summarily, choose a reliable platform and get your crypto asset ready. Make achievable objectives, beware of personal bias and gamble responsibly.
When you start incorporating the tips, you can track your progress and maintain your strategy. Remember, you won’t always win, but you can always have fun doing what you love doing the most.