There is a drastic change in the living and lifestyle of people after Covid-19. It is an infectious and transferable disease that results in serious health complications. Everyone needs to boost their immunity to the highest.
The people infected with Coronavirus experiences respiratory illness and require a proper healthy diet for a speedy recovery.
Ayurveda believes with correct Diet and lifestyle changes one can recover from almost every disease with a positive attitude.
Here is a healthy diet shared by Dr. Mukesh Sharda- CEO and Founder of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda. Dr. Sharda Ayurveda runs several chains of clinics in Punjab and is also renowned for their authentic Ayurvedic treatment worldwide for treatment of all chronic diseases.
For a survivor of Coronavirus patient here is a healthy detailed diet chart:
Early Morning- It is advised to get up by 6 in the morning. Go for a light morning walk followed by breathing exercises like Pranayama, AnulomVilom, or deep breathing.
- It is advised to meditate at least for 10 minutes.
- Gargles with warm water added a pinch of turmeric and salt to it.
- Nasal instillation- Add 1-2 drops of Cow’s desi ghee, Almond Oil to the nostril.
By 7 AM-Drink coconut water or warm water with Honey.
By 9 AM- Breakfast
- 1 Platter of Seasonal Fruits. (Avoid Banana)
By 11 AM- Herbal Kadha -Recipe to make Herbal Kadha at home
- Tulsi leaves- 4-5
- Giloy Stem- a small piece
- Turmeric- ½ tsp.
- Black pepper- 1 piece
- Cloves- 2
- A pinch of Cinnamon powder
Boil all the above ingredients in 1 cup of water. Boil until it remains half. Add Honey/ Jaggery according to taste before its consumption.
By 1 PM- Lunch
- 1 platter Salad (Avoid Radish) and steamed vegetables or Khichri
By 5 PM- Herbal Kadha
By 7 PM- Dinner
- Vegetable soup(Bottle gourd, White gourd, Ridge gourd, Zucchini, Mushroom, Tomato, Spinach)
OR Vegetable Porridge (small quantity)
- 2 liters water
- 1/2 inch Ginger.
Boil it for 15 minutes. Strain the water and store it in a flask. It is best for boosting Immunity and also will not cause breathlessness, will help in no mucus deposition in the Lungs, and also increases digestive fire. It will also help in relieving body aches. So consume this water the whole day long.
- Avoid eating Peas, Radish, Banana, Pickles, Refined oil, processed food items, soft drinks, heavy Grains, and dairy products.
- Replace sugar and salt with Honey or Jaggery and Rock salt.
IMPORTANT ADVISORY TIPS
- Wash your hands frequently.
- As excess of everything is bad so it with excessive inhalation of steam. It can destroy the Cilia of the nose.
- Shower only once a day with warm water.
- If you feel excessive weakness then intake fresh room temperature Coconut water.
- Good ventilation in the room for fresh air.
- Use medicated smoke in form of different Herbs like ShudhGuggal or Camphor that will help in the purification of air and will vanishall bacteria around.
- Cow’s Ghee burnt Diyas will help in increasing oxygen levels in the house. Avoid the use of Incense sticks.
For Speedy recovery keep a positive attitude and read books on Natural healing. That will boost your ability to recover.
Dr. Mukesh Sharda BAMS, Ph.D., is a renowned Ayurvedic rheumatologist-CEO and Founder of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda practicing for more than 15+ years and successfully treated more than 50k+ patients worldwide for all chronic diseases.