This list features the most popular news and magazines apps available on the Google Play Store in India in 2021.
1. Microsoft News: Top stories, weather & more
Microsoft News delivers trusted search results, breaking news, and in-depth reporting from the world’s top journalists. See the news that matters to you with a personalized feed you create in just a few taps. Follow topics in your feed and hide news and other sources you don’t want to see. The new design makes it even easier to move from story to story, and offers quick access to weather, shopping, and many other experiences.
All the highlights
• New homepage: See top news, stay updated on topics you’re following, and get quick access to Microsoft features
• Visual Search: Search right from your camera or by uploading a picture
• COVID Tracker: Monitor the latest case numbers, trends, news, and vaccine info
• Weather: See the forecast for today and the week ahead
• Sports: Track scores, standings, news, and more
• Search: Get the same trusted search results and more
• Rewards: Earn points toward free gift cards and more
• Wallpaper: Pick from a collection of beautiful images featured on the Bing homepage
• Video and images: Search and browse visual media across the web
• Translator: Get quick translations in more than 70 languages
• Unit converter: An easy-to-use tool that converts in 18 different unit categories
• Shopping: Find great deals and coupons for retailers
• Math: Enter math problems and get step-by-step solutions
• Esports: Watch livestreams, get the latest news, and more
• Games: Find Sudoku, matching tiles, quizzes, and other quick distractions
2. Financial Times
Get the international business news, analysis, market data and company information you need to stay well-informed.
• Breaking news alerts, direct to your lock screen
• Read anywhere, even when you’re offline with automatic downloads of the latest edition
• Follow topics that matter to you and save articles with myFT
• See the latest comments on articles and share your opinions
• Monitor your Markets Data portfolio and browse securities
3. ANI News
ANI, India’s largest multimedia news agency, brings to you the ANI app. Get breaking news, videos and photos from across India and the world straight to your phone.
Download the ANI app to receive breaking news updates before they are flashed on television screens and other media outlets. Over a 100 news bureaus in India feed content into ANI Headquarters in New Delhi where news is pushed out to more than a 1000 news organisations across the world…now get this same content on the go, on your phone, for free.
4. Insider – Business News and More
The Insider app provides you with a fast and convenient way to read business news on the go. Stay up-to-date with the latest news, sharp analyses and insightful commentaries from around the world and across the spectrum of Insider verticals.
+ Use summary mode to skim the key details of each article right in the main feed
This is a subscriber-exclusive feature, but you can try it free for 7 days!
+ Choose the topics you want included in your general feed so you’ll never miss the most important news that meets your needs
+ Enjoy an ad-free experience with faster load times and less distraction
+ Receive breaking news alerts and follow stories as they develop
+ Search through Insider’s extensive news archives
+ Save interesting articles for later reading
+ Edit your saved article list to delete or remove all options
+ Share articles directly to your email or favorite supported social media apps (Facebook, Twitter, Pocket, Pinterest, WhatsApp, etc.)
+ Insider premium: exclusive articles and events for subscribers
5. The Hindu News: India’s Most Trusted English Daily
The Hindu, India’s best English daily news app, is here to help you explore the latest news from India and across the globe.With the help of in-depth analysis, the app brings you closer to the impartial truth,while keeping your convenience at the forefront.
Here are 7 Reasons to Download The Hindu App:
• Personalise your home screen
• Bookmark for later
• Listen to the news, on the go
• Customise the font size
• Focus on what’s important
• Experience comfort with the dark mode feature
• Consume news in multimedia
• Enjoy news in satire via cartoons
Exclusive Subscription Benefits:
• Hop on to the trending tab
• Get unlimited access to news
• Enjoy faster load time
• Experience clutter-free reading
• Stay updated, not once, but thrice a day
6. The Times of India Newspaper – Latest News App
The Times of India App – Made in India News App, brings the latest news of India and top news headlines from across the world. Read latest news, Central & State politics news headlines, news alerts, Bollywood news & celeb photos, crisp news, cricket updates, live news from Business, Travel, Gadgets, Education of India & around the World or watch live TV news channels, news in photos & videos anywhere, anytime. Download the TOI news app on your mobile to get news updates on the go.
TOI News App Features
• Language: Now choose the language you prefer, read the news in the chosen language. TOI App offers news in 14 languages i.e. English, Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Nepali, Urdu, Marathi, Assamese & Odia
• Briefs: Read articles in a crisp format & stay updated with the latest news on the go
• My Feed: Receive customized feeds as per language preference from The Times of India & other regional publishers
• Live TV: Watch as it happens! Catch the live coverage of all breaking news, business & Bollywood news on Times Now, ET Now & Zoom Live TV
• Latest, Trending & Breaking News: Get the latest & breaking news updates from India & around the world.
• Morning & Evening Updates: News updates every morning & evening, catch up the latest news & headlines of the day with smart updates feature
• Offline Reading: Read the latest news in offline mode without internet with TOI offline reading feature
• Bookmark: Now bookmark articles & news stories & read news anytime
• Customize Notifications: Control the time & frequency of your news update notifications & receive as per your interests
• Night Mode Reading: Use the Black & Sepia themes built in the app to have a pleasant reading experience even in poor lighting conditions
• Swipe for Next: Swipe left & right for a faster & seamless reading experience
• Save Data: Download images only when you want to, based on your preferred network settings (Wi-Fi, 2G, 3G, 4G)
• Share: Like a story? Share it with your friends & loved ones using Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, Email & more!
7. CNN Breaking US & World News
When you want to know what’s happening, tap into the global news gathering power of CNN. With correspondents and bureaus reporting from across the world, no other news source even comes close.
• Custom alert settings – stay informed without getting overwhelmed
• Watch live CNN, CNNi or HLN television anywhere, anytime*
• Experience the world of breaking news through in-depth stories, photo galleries and news clips.
• Watch CNN Original Series like “Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown”, CNN news programs like “Anderson Cooper 360” and award-winning CNN Films.
Video on Demand and Live TV limited to US consumers.
8. Pocket: Save. Read. Grow.
Use Pocket to capture the content that comes at you all day long, and curate your own space filled with only the topics you care about. Save the latest stories, articles, news, sports and videos from any device, and any publisher or app. Then fuel your mind with a reading, watching, and listening experience designed for calm eyes, free hands, and fresh focus. SAVE FROM ANYWHERE.
Save the latest news, magazine articles, stories, videos, recipes, web pages, how-to information – anything you discover online or subscribe to, from any publisher. User favorites include: New York Times, The Guardian, Washington Post, Flipboard, The Atlantic, New Yorker, Lifehacker, Business Insider, The Verge, BBC News, Google News, Buzzfeed, Vox, engadget, Medium, Newsweek, Twitter, Youtube.
REST YOUR EYES. FIND YOUR FOCUS.
Pocket’s clean layout and customizable display make for a relaxing reading experience that clears out the visual clutter, gives your eyes a rest, and lets your mind focus on the information at hand. Love long reads? Pocket’s typography and layout keep reading comfortable for longer stretches. Love to read before bed? Try our new dark and sepia themes to reduce visual stimulation before you sleep.
LISTEN TO ARTICLES.
Pocket’s listen feature turns any news story, article, or blog post into a hands-free, eyes-free learning experience. Now you can turn content into knowledge while you cook, commute, work out, walk, or just relax and listen.
If it’s in your Pocket, it’s on your phone, tablet and computer – even when you’re offline. Whether you’re taking a news break, reading from bed, or breezing through articles on your commute, Pocket makes the most of your time by getting you straight to the news feeds, magazine articles, stories, information, news, and sports that are compelling to you. And estimated reading times help you turn any time into quality time.
DISCOVER MORE OF WHAT YOU LOVE.
Find more of what you love but might otherwise have missed. Pocket surfaces ‘best of web’ content discovered by our users, verified by our curators, and approved by our editors. Find all kinds of topics from all kinds of publishers, including quality magazines and news sources like Fast Company, The Verge, Medium, Quartz, Harvard Business Review and more.
MAKE IT PREMIUM. AND PERMANENT.
Power users can upgrade anytime to Pocket Premium for features like advanced search, unlimited highlights and automatic article backups.