With the scattered markets in steel industry it becomes difficult for the seller or buyer to get the best of the product along with best price and quality as per customised needs. With the initiative to solve this problem in steel industry Mr. Amit Agarwal has ventured into business with a name Steel Made Easy. This venture serves all those buyer and sellers who are interested in buying steel with easy availability and best of the negotiated deals. Not only steel sheets but this platform also has a large variety of steel products which can be used both at home and for industrial purpose. The site Steel Made Easy is a one stop solution for complete range, types and quality of steel with a user friendly functionality to serve the purpose. Markets are created with demand and supply of the product but the markets are organised with moves of such strong vision by entrepreneurs like Mr Amit Agarwal. To make it accessible for the customers. of making Purchase of steel Easy Steel made Easy has made it possible for the steel buyers and sellers to meet at one organised platform with this incredible vision
1. What is the Name of Your Venture? Any specific reason for this name?
The name of our venture is Steel Made Easy. As the name suggests, this is a holistic platform which aims to bring all sellers and buyers of steel together and facilitate easy availability of steel.
2. Who is your target Audience/clients?
We have targeted business professionals, who make use of steel in their daily projects. We also want to help people who are interested in improving the interiors of their house by giving it a smart upgrade with steel products. In addition, we help DIY enthusiasts in creating innovative products with steel.
3. Where is your venture based (city, state, country) & What are your geographical target areas?
We are based in Kolkata and wish to cater to West Bengal, Jharkhand, Bihar, and Assam as of now. In future, we have plans to extend to other states in India as well.
4. What problems does your venture resolve? What are your products or services?
Steel Made Easy is a portal that bridges the gap between buyers and sellers of steel products. It is a one stop platform where buyers will be able to view real time steel quotes and also come to know which type of steel to buy for any project.
5. Share the idea or story behind the venture. How did it come to an existence? What motivated you to start your own venture?
While doing business offline, we noticed that in the market exists a huge gap between the buyers and the sellers of steel. Both the buyers and the sellers were not much informed about the market scenario, which hindered trade big time. Hence, we planned to come up with something that eliminated this gap. That is Steel Made Easy for you.
6. Who are your biggest competitors and how do you differentiate yourself from them?
The steel market is huge. It is tough competing with the steel suppliers and distributors all over India. All major steel suppliers and distributors are our competitors. However, our uniqueness lies in the fact that we aim for a coherent attitude towards when it comes to enable our clients and customers to make wise purchases regarding awareness about steel types for different projects. People can also get instant steel quotes and decide which product to buy.
7. How did you hire your first team members? What skills do you want in your employees/team?
Currently I have not hired anyone for my team, although I am working with a business consultancy firm – Globbering.
Globbering has an excellent team of business developers, which includes UX/UI, web design, development, content, and marketing experts. They all are dedicated to make Steel Made Easy the most coveted platform for buying and selling steel products online.
8. What expansion plans are you looking for the next 2 years, next 5 years?
In the next 2 years, we are looking forward to earning at least a turnover of 10 Crores across these four operational states. After 5 years, we plan to expand to the other North-Eastern states and Odisha.
9. Where do you want to see yourself in next 10 years?
We would surely be expanding our venture and by the next 10 years, we aim to have a pan Indian presence.
10. What are your goals over the next 1, 3, 6, and 12 months?
As our site has already been launched, on the 1st month we shall be primarily focusing on the improvisation of the site to attract more visitors. The 2nd and the 3rd month, will be involved in extensive digital marketing and promotion of our site. By the 6th month, we aim at earning 50 Lakhs per month from the business. By the 1st year, if everything goes well, we shall surely be enjoying a turnover of over 6 Crores.
11. Have you raised any funding? Or have any plans for the funding?
No funding has been raised yet, but we are looking forward to gaining funds from advertisements on the site as well as partner funding.
12. What were the problems you faced during the starting days and how did you resolve them?
As per our assessment, the biggest problem initially was the planning which concerned the competition in the steel market. In addition, we had also to make sure that the site should be unique and user-friendly, to facilitate users explore the site easily. However, I am very thankful to my team of experts that they have undertaken the whole process efficiently.
13. What was the most challenging part of your journey till now? How did you overcome those challenges?
To be very honest, marketing was and still is the most challenging part of this venture. We are trying to be the best in promoting the purpose of this portal.
14. Are you married, single or in a relationship?
I am married.
15. What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
Two of my hobbies are travelling and playing squash. I also love spending time with my family.
16. What’s your favorite food & holiday destination?
I love Indian cuisine. My favourite holiday destination is Singapore.
17. Whom do you consider your idol or biggest motivator?
APJ Abdul Kalam.
18. What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
I personally feel that same as in the case of a creator and a creation, there cannot be an employee without an employer. The only difference probably lies in the fact that the entrepreneurs work for themselves and the employees work for the entrepreneurs. However, it is very important for every employee to develop the mindset of an entrepreneur so that they can take the responsibility of their employers and work as a strong team.
19. If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
Something I am doing right now. I might have started earlier if had the chance to though.
20. How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life?
Al though it is sometimes tough, I never miss an opportunity to gift quality time to my family and the others around me whenever I can.
21. Anything, you would like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs?
Dreams do come true. You just have to believe in it. Never give up, because it is a continuous process and a lot of hard work
22. Tell us something about your education & family background.
I am from a middle-class Marwari family. I have a Bachelor of Commerce.
23. What is your USP which makes it unique & different from other start-ups in similar domains.
Steel Made Easy is not a startup in the truest sense. Our parent concern is Shree Radhaballabh Steel Private Limited, which is doing great business offline. The uniqueness of the portal lies in the fact that it also will educate people on which steel product to use while enabling them to view quotes instantly.
24. What do you think is the biggest threat to the success of small businesses & Start-ups today?
The biggest threat for any startup in India perhaps is that they are not much aware of the competition in the market. They jump into business without doing proper research about the ongoing customer demands.
25. Do you consider yourself successful and by what means do you measure success?
We have just started the venture and look forward to establishing a long-term rapport with steel consumers and traders.
I feel that the greatest success is achieved when your audience are able to connect with you and rely on your products. The vision of Steel Made Easy is to strengthen the bond between the suppliers and the consumers.
11A, Maharshi Debendra Road,
5th Floor,Room No. : 13,
Kolkata – 700 007, India
Download their mobile app at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=insteelmadeeasy.httpglobbering.steelmadeeasy