On the last day of the 21-day lockdown, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the country today. In this, Prime Minister Modi announced to increase the lockdown in the country till 3 May. In India, people will have to remain in lockdown till May 3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi announced on Tuesday that the current lockdown will be extended till May 3, saying that it is very necessary to stop the spread of the coronavirus epidemic in the country.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that India’s fight against the coronavirus is progressing very strongly and the country has not suffered a lot due to the sacrifice of the countrymen, on which the leaders of the country have also given their reactions.
Political reactions on the extension of the lockdown:
- The whole country seems united in the ongoing war against the coronavirus. Congress has also supported the Modi government in this fight. BJP President JP Nadda thanked Congress President Sonia Gandhi for appealing to people to stay home and follow the rules of lockdown during the Coronavirus crisis.
- Congress leader Jairam Ramesh said on PM Modi’s decision to increase the lockdown, as the “lockdown is extended, I salute the doctors, nurses, health workers, sanitation workers, police and all those involved in all essential services during this difficult time.”
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said on PM Modi’s decision that “we have to be alert that no new Corona hotspots have surfaced. We have to be careful.”
- BJP national general secretary Ram Madhav said on PM Modi’s decision to extend the lockdown, “yesterday that President Macron in France extended the lockdown for a month till 15 May. Italy extended it to 3 May and Spain by 25 April. All 50 states in the US continue under lockdown restrictions. The UK has been under lockdown for 3 weeks and is expected to continue for another 3 weeks.”
- Home Minister, Amit Shah said that “the way all the state governments are working together with the central government is truly praiseworthy. Now we have to intensify this coordination so that all citizens follow the lockdown properly and no citizen should have the problem of the things they need.”
- Congress leader Abhishek Manu Singhvi has also reacted to PM Narendra Modi’s decision to increase the lockdown. Abhishek Manu Singhvi has criticized the PM’s decision, and tweeted that “Amazing #PM address. Exhortation, rhetoric, inspiration…..yet hollow on specifics! No financial package, no details, no concrete item. Neither 4 poor nor middle class nor industry nor businesses. #Lockdown is good bt cannot be end in itself! Where is single livelihood issue?”
- BJP leader Sambit Patra tweeted on Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s decision to extend the lockdown and wrote “that India’s response to the fight against COVID-19 has been holistic, unified and decisive.”
- BJP MP Gautam Gambhir also welcomed PM Modi’s decision to increase the lockdown. Gambhir tweeted “that we in India have done it for 21 days and we will do it for a few more weeks. Please follow the lockdown guidelines.”
- Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu tweeted on the decision to increase the lockdown and said “that let us all follow the PM. Advice from PM Modi Ji, who is in the direction of defeating the coronavirus.”
- Cabinet Minister Giriraj Singh also welcomed Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s decision to increase his lockdown through a video after his speech. He wrote in his tweet that “the Prime Minister has a full realisation about the suffering of all of us, all the steps he has taken are for our safety, otherwise, we would have walked the path of China, Italy, America, and Britain. Support till May 3, stay home, stay safe.”
- On the decision to increase the lockdown of PM Modi, Defense Minister Rajnath Singh wrote on Twitter that “today the Prime Minister has announced to extend the lockdown issued in India till May 3. This decision has been made keeping in mind the health care of Indians.”
- Railway Minister Piyush Goyal has welcomed PM Modi’s decision to extend the lockdown by 3 May. He wrote on Twitter that “the decision to extend the lockdown till May 3 shows the foresight of PM Narendra Modi Ji. This is a decision taken for the safety of citizens. This will help in keeping the country safe while preventing the spread of corona and will prevent the virus from reaching new areas.”
- PM Modi’s decision to increase the lockdown in the country was welcomed by Delhi Sikh Gurdwara Committee President Manjinder S. Sirsa, who wrote on Twitter that “India has extended the lockdown till May 3. The most requested is to download SetuAarogyaApp. Help as many poor families as possible. Business and industry- do not expel anyone.”