Co-working space operator GoWork is in talks with private equity funds for raising a fresh funding round of $200M
Below is a list of deals that happened in Indian Startup Ecosystem today (7th Aug 2018). Read a brief description about all of them:
1. Months after launching operations in Australia, Ola, Indian ride-hailing company, today announced its plans to enter the UK cab market, set to begin operations in South Wales and Greater Manchester shortly and plans to expand nationwide by the end of 2018.
2. India’s first 360 degree sports tech-ecosystem, Run Adam, was officially launched today by MS Dhoni. The former Indian Cricket Captain has acquired 25% stake in his personal capacity in the bootstrapped tech-company.
3. Bangalore-based B2B eCommerce company, ShopX has raised $35 million in a new round of funding from Fung Strategic Holdings Limited (“FSH”).
4. Taiwan-based artificial intelligence (AI) startup Appier has acquired Indian content marketing company Qgraph for an undisclosed amount.
5. Co-working space operator GoWork is in talks with private equity funds for raising a fresh funding round of $200 million, reported ET.
6. Gurugram-headquartered budget hotel room brand OYO Rooms has built a base of over 50,000 rooms in less than a year of entering the Chinese market.
7. Alibaba Group plans to merge its food delivery units – Ele.me & Koubei and is looking to raise between $3 billion and $5 billion for the combined entity.
8. Paytm Money, the company’s mutual fund distribution platform, has already registered more than half a million users, even before its launch.
9. Vernacular hyperlocal video news startup Lokal has raised an undisclosed amount of funding from venture capital firm India Quotient, reported Inc42.
10. Symbo Platform Holdings (“Symbo”), the Singapore-based regional all lines insurance business, today announced that it has acquired ReLeague, a Mumbai-based B2B reinsurance software platform, for an undisclosed sum.
11. Xiaomi’s domestic manufacturing plans are set to get a major boost with one of its key components suppliers, Holitech, on Monday signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Andhra Pradesh government for setting a new plant at Tirupati with an investment of $200 million (Rs 1400 crore) over three years, its first major expansion outside China, reported ET.
12. FMCG major Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HUL) has signed an agreement to acquire the ice cream and frozen desserts business of Karnataka-based Vijaykant Dairy and Food Products Ltd.
13. J.P. Morgan and IIMA-CIIE’s Bharat Inclusion Initiative to launch a $9.5 million Financial Inclusion Lab for India’s Underserved Communities
14. Wishup, a Delhi-based startup providing remote employees for various functions across organizations has closed its Pre-Series funding, led by Inflection Point Ventures (IPV).
Source: BW Disrupt