- ICMR will receive 7 lakh antibody testing kits in 2 days, will test within 5 to 10 minutes by one drop of blood
- Kejriwal said- Delhi government will do extensive testing from Friday, one lakh test kits have been ordered
New cases of corona infection are continuously coming into the country. The infection in a 14-month-old child has been confirmed on Tuesday in Jamnagar district of Gujarat. No travel history of this child has been found. Right now the health department officials are investigating how the infection spread to the child. The child found infected on Sunday has been placed on a ventilator. His parents are laborers and hail from Dared village. After the matter came to light, his village has been completely locked down.
According to the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry, a total of 4 thousand 281 cases have been reported in the country so far, of which 318 people have recovered and gone home. 111 people have died due to the disease. Treatment is undergoing for 3 thousand 851 infected people. At the same time, according to the website covid19india.org, 4 thousand 565 cases have been reported in the country so far. 125 people have died, while 340 patients have recovered from the disease.
Delhi will be tested extensively from Friday: Kejriwal
Coronavirus patients will now be treated in Delhi Government’s 2000-bed Loknayak Hospital and 450-bed Rajiv Gandhi Super Specialty Hospital. Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said on Tuesday – Cases increased rapidly due to Markaz. We have increased testing and are now getting tested faster. Around 2525 tests were being held around 25 March. After April 1, we were doing around 500 tests everyday and now almost thousand. South Korea also did more and more testing. We will do the same. We have placed orders for one lakh testing kits. After Friday we can do a big level testing. We will not let anyone go hungry. There are many poor people who do not have ration cards, they will also be given ration from tomorrow.
ICMR to receive 7 lakh rapid antibody testing kits in 2 days
The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) will receive 7 lakh rapid antibody testing kits from abroad by April 8 to detect corona infection. These will help corona investigation in those areas where more cases of infection are coming. It is expected that 5 lakh kits will come in the first phase. With these kits, the coronavirus infection test can be done within 5 to 10 minutes with a drop of blood.
Health Department press conference: 76% male patients, 24% women
- According to the Union Health Ministry, the number of corona infected in the country has increased to 4 thousand 67. Of these, 1 thousand 445 are associated with the Tablighi Jamaat.
- Males constitute 76% of the total patients and females 24%. 47% of patients are under 40 years old, 34% of patients are between 40 and 60 years old. 19% of the patients are over 60 years of age.
- The ministry said that youth also need to be vigilant. They must follow social distancing.
- The Food Corporation has supplied 1.3 lakh metric tonnes of wheat in 13 states and 1.32 lakh metric tonnes of rice in 8 states.
- In the last 13 days, the Railways have supplied 1340 wagon sugar, 958 wagon salt and 316 tank food oils.
- Work is being done for the prevention of covid in all districts. All DMs, SPs and officials have been discussing with the Central Secretary.
- Medical oxygen is very important. The Ministry of Home Affairs has written to all the states for its production and supply.
Prime Minister asked ministers to make a list of 10 decisions and 10 priorities
The Prime Minister discussed with the Union Ministers today through video conferencing. He asked the ministers to make a list of 10 decisions and 10 priorities after the lockdown is over. The Prime Minister said that the continuous response from all of you has been effective in preparing a strategy to deal with this disaster. The Prime Minister said that the government will provide all possible help to the farmers in this season of harvesting. He also suggested to provide app based truck service on the lines of cab service to connect farmers to markets.
AIIMS doctors wrote a letter to the Prime Minister
AIIMS doctors have written a letter to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It mentioned the lack of PPE, masks and other resources. He says that many doctors, nurses and frontline health workers are posting their problems on social media. Instead of resolving them, officers are harassing them. In such a situation it becomes the responsibility of the government to listen to these soldiers fighting from Corona.
Important Updates …
- The corona report of the Indian Air Force Sergeant who had gone to the Nizamuddin area in mid-March came out negative. He and 2 other soldiers who came in contact with him are also quarantined.
- Himachal Pradesh DGP SR Mardi has said that if a corona-positive person spits on another person, the accused will be booked for attempted murder.
- All zoos in India have been high alert after the corona infection found in tiger in the US. Also, it has been advised that the behavior of animals should be monitored through CCTV 24 hours and 7 days.
- UGC Secretary Prof. Rajneesh Jain has written a letter to the Chancellor of all the universities and colleges, ordering the helpline number to be started. It said that the impact on the mental health of students due to the Corona disaster and their mental concerns should be addressed.
- The Ministry of Shipping has announced a grant of Rs 52 crore to the Prime Minister’s Relief Fund to deal with the Corona crisis.