Most effective Home Remedies for Rheumatoid Arthritis- shares Dr. Mukesh Sharda- Founder of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda
Rheumatoid arthritis has become a very common disease today because of our ill dietary habits and lifestyle changes. Earlier it was seen that old age people who were in their 60’s were more prone to be affected with Rheumatoid Arthritis but now it is spreading like air. Every age group whether it is 20’s or 40’s is seen affected by it. It is seen in children in their early childhood too. It is seen more commonly in women in comparison to men. Rheumatoid arthritis is an autoimmune disease that significantly reduces a person’s quality of life. It is associated with inflammation and pain in small joints of fingers and toes. But for some, there are no same symptoms. It does not always pain in small joints but is also seen in larger joints like the shoulder, elbows, and hips. It also leads to deformity when it gets worsens.
Rheumatoid arthritis takes birth when the food we eat does not get digested and therefore starts accumulating in the Joints. Undigested food leads to Rheumatoid arthritis.
Western Medicines/Allopathy only helps in managing symptoms and provides temporary relief from pain loaded with several steroids that harm the functioning of other organs in the body. They will just keep you on painkillers for a lifetime which will never treat disease. Western medicines adversely affect the Liver and Kidney but Ayurvedic medicines are loaded with benefits and provide life-long healing by managing some dietary and lifestyle changes. Ayurvedic medicines have no side effects on health rather are loaded with several health benefits. Ayurveda can treat every type of arthritis with life-long healing. Ayurveda works on root cause treatment, not temporary relief.
Ayurvedic medicines followed with some Home Remedies help in relieving the symptoms of Rheumatoid arthritis and also help in early healing.
Some effective home remedies for rheumatoid arthritis are:
Ginger is loaded with medicinal benefits and anti-inflammatory properties. It is quite beneficial in treating Rheumatoid arthritis. It boosts the overall Immunity of an Individual.
Consuming Ginger water daily works on treating the root cause of rheumatoid arthritis.
Method– How to make Ginger water
Take some grated Ginger and boil it in 500 ml. of water for 2 minutes.
Store this water in a bottle.
Sip it lukewarm for the whole day.
* Consult your specialist before increasing your Ginger intake as it can sometimes trigger with some medications.
Garlic consumption is a marvelous remedy to treat Rheumatoid arthritis. Though it is used in every house for its Taste although it is loaded with healthy benefits. It improves Cholesterol levels and is also known for its results in reducing inflammation in arthritis.
Application– Sliced or chopped fresh Garlic 2-3 pieces consumption with lukewarm water daily empty stomach helps in treating inflammation and helps in relieving pain in Rheumatoid arthritis.
* Excessive use of Garlic causes bad breath, can also lead to stomach upset and diarrhea. Consult your specialist before starting this remedy.
- FENUGREEK SEEDS- It is an Important health component in the human diet as is it is known for its antioxidant and inflammatory properties. It is popular for treating joint pain.
Method – Soak 1 tsp. of Fenugreek seeds in 100 ml. of water overnight.
Application– Drinking its water early in the morning empty stomach will help in relieving swelling caused by rheumatoid arthritis.
You can also chew the leftover Fenugreek seeds as they will only be beneficial for health.
- TURMERIC, GINGER POWDER, FENUGREEK SEEDS- Turmeric is known for its health benefits for ages has a cure for almost all types of ailments. Turmeric helps in prevention and helps in reducing inflammation.
Fenugreek seeds ½ tsp.
Turmeric- ½ tsp.
Ginger powder- ½ tsp.
* Mix all the 3 Ingredients
Application – This mixture with 1cup of hot milk every day helps to relieve swelling.
- CAROM SEEDS-It is the easy go-to Ingredient readily available in every house. Carom seeds also called Ajwain is quite beneficial to heal arthritis pain. It also helps in digesting food easily.
Method- In 200 ml. of water add ½ tsp. of Carom seeds and a small piece of grated dry Ginger (Sonth) and Boil it. Boil it until half the quantity of water is left.
Consume it daily twice a day in the morning and evening. This will help in relieving Uric acid and Arthritis.
- CHERRY- Cherries are known for their immense benefits to treat Rheumatoid arthritis. It reduces the symptoms of arthritis and also promotes brain health by strengthening the Immune system. It is proven that if a sufferer of Rheumatoid Arthritis intake1 bowl of Cherries daily. They will be 35% less liable for this disease.
- CORIANDER POWDER- Coriander seeds water helps in treating joint pain, inflammation, and swelling. It also promotes digestion and easily fights infection.
Method- ½ tsp. of Coriander seeds powder in 100 ml. of water. Mix it well.
Application- Drink it while having a meal in the afternoon.
It improves gastric enzymes and removes toxins from the body.
- CASTOR OIL- Castor Oil is known for treating arthritis, its anti-inflammatory properties make it quite suitable for massaging to relieving joint pain, nerve inflammation, and sore muscles.
Method- Apply Castor oil to affected inflamed parts in Rheumatoid arthritis and massage softly. It relieves pain and redness.
- BALUKA SWEDA (Hot sand fermentation) – It is considered one of the most effective remedies to treat rheumatoid arthritis pain.
Method- Take some sand and warm it. Put it in some piece of cloth and give foment on the affected area.
It will help in reducing swelling and pain.
- SUNBATHING- Sunlight has a major role to play in treating Rheumatoid arthritis.
It is advised to intake as much sunlight you can early in the morning as it will provide Vitamin-D in abundance. 30 minutes maximum sunbathing is essential for every human to stay disease-free.
- WEEKLY FASTING- Our body needs detoxification for flushing out all the toxins from the body. So it mandatory to give the body a detoxification day. A day a week will help in the detoxification of the body. So weekly a day fasting is highly beneficial.
* It is always mandatory to consult your Ayurvedic specialist before beginning with these Home remedies.
Home remedies followed religiously give effective results and help in speedy recovery.
Dr. Mukesh Sharda BAMS, Ph.D., is a renowned Ayurvedic rheumatologist-CEO and Founder of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda practicing for more than 15+ years and successfully treated more than 50k+ patients worldwide for all chronic diseases.