10 AYURVEDIC HERBS TO KEEP YOUR IMMUNE SYSYTEM STRONG – Dr Sharda Ayurveda
Stronger the Immunity, healthy and longer the life.We all are experiencing the tough times – Covid-19 and the talk of every minute is to boost your immunity to stay safe. An Individual can well balance their Immunity by following a healthy routine.
Daily workout, Healthy balanced diet, less addiction to gadgets, Sunlight, proper sleep schedule will rarely hamper an individual’s immunity.
People with a weak immune system are at a higher risk of experiencing frequent infections. One can easily detect if they have a lot of stomach troubles, tiredness whole day long despite doing nothing, wounds take a lot of time to heal and one is stressed always has a weak immune system.
To boost Immune system naturally and easily at speed Ayurvedic Herbs are tremendous and boosts Immunity.
Some of the easily readily available Ayurvedic Herbs too boost Immunity are-
- MORINGA- It is a Super and one of those plant whose seeds, Flowers, Leaves and Stem are edible and are highly nutritious. It is easily available and also known as Drumstick. Its anti-viral and anti-inflammatory properties are highly beneficial in treating Virus infections and also its inflammatory property subsides any edema (swelling) occurred in Lungs may be due to Covid. It is also beneficial in purification of blood.
USAGE- It can be easily consumed daily in the form of cooked Vegetable.
- TULSI-Tulsi has been known for centuries and is used in Ayurveda from thousands of years for its diverse healing properties and healing power. It is a highly promising immuno- modulator and Cyto protective due to the presence of Camphene, Eugenol, cineole- the basic Ingredients of Tulsi which easily cures Bacterial, Fungal infections of respiratory system.
USAGE-Tulsi can be used in several varations-
- Few Tulsi drops added in water.
- Tulsi leaves 5-6 daily consumed raw.
- Tulsi Steam- 8 leaves of Tulsi added in water and then steam.
- ASHWAGANDHA-Ashwagandha is one of the ancient medicinal Herb. It improves an Individual’s ability to deal with stress. ACTH hormone when gets increased due to stress further increases Cortisol levels in body. Ashwagandha reduces the level of Cortisol hence reducing stress.
USAGE- Boil ½ teaspoon of Ashwagandha root powder in 2 cups of water. Add a pinch of Ginger and boil until water remains half. Let the mixture cool down and add Honey into it and drink.
- TURMERIC-It is used for thousands of years as both a Spice and medicinal herb. Turmeric itself is a natural medicine to treat several diseases. It contains Curcumin that helps in decreasing swelling. Hence, to relieve inflammation, pain it has excellent results. Turmeric is one of the best known remedy to treat fever in Covid-19.
USAGE- Golden Turmeric milk daily.
- GILOY-Giloy is a herb that is loaded with an array of benefits. It a single drug that improves digestion, eliminates constipation and is a wonderful anti- pyretic. It easily removes toxins from body, purify blood, helps in regulating sugar level, reduces mental stress and enhances memory and boosts Immunity.
USAGE- Boil a stem of Giloy and drink this water empty stomach.
* Giloy Sat is very beneficial in treating fever.
- KALMEGH- It is known as “King of Bitters” It is highly recommended in liver related issues due to its anti- oxidant and anti-inflammatory property. It boosts the immunity and manages the symptoms of cold and allergies.
USAGE-1 teaspoon of Kalmegh juice added in ½ glass of water.
- MULETHI-Mulethi is great for stomach infections to viral infection to treat respiratory diseases. It also boosts the immunity which helps the body to fight various diseases.
- In case of respiratory problem make a kadha by boiling few Mulethi sticks in water.In case of sore throat chew Mulethi root to get relief.
- In case of nasal and chest congestionprepare a Kadha using Mulethi root, Tulsi leaves, Mint leaves. Stain the mixture, add honey to it and have it.
- GINGER-A daily dose of ginger may help you battle with fever and suppress cough. Ginger is loaded with anti-oxidant properties that treats Obesity and shows marvelous results in morning sickness and joint pain. It is a very good source for boosting Immunity as well.
USAGE- Ginger juice+ Black pepper powder. Add honey, have it before every meal.
2. A small piece of grated Ginger boiled in water. Keep sipping this water whole day.
- GOOSEBERRY- Gooseberries offers various health benefits. It has anti-inflammatory effects hence good for heart diseases as it regulates HDL values. Due to its anti-platelet effects it may prevent formation of blood clots. It also strengthens the immune system of body hence is also beneficial in Covid-19
USAGE- Consumption of Amla juice daily early in the morning.
- CHIRAYTA- It is a popular Ayurvedic herb useful in treating fever, loss of appetite, intestinal worms and skin diseases. It facilitates weight loss and cures liver disorder.
USAGE- 1 teaspoon of Chirayta mixed with 2 glasses of water. Boil until half. Consume it daily once in evening.
Note- Honey can be added to subside its bitterness.
CONCLUSION- Ayurvedic herbs promotes physical, mental and emotional well -being of an Individual. Ayurvedic herbs holistically heals one within. It not only treats a disease rather protects one from several other health complications. Ayurvedic herbs balances all the impaired Doshas. It detoxifies and cleanse the body.
Dr. Mukesh Sharda BAMS, Ph.D., is a renowned Ayurvedic rheumatologist-CEO and Founder of Dr. Sharda Ayurveda practicing for more than 15+ years and successfully treated more than 50k+ patients worldwide for all chronic diseases.
Please Note- It is advisory to consult an Ayurvedic physician before consumption of these herbs.