PM Awas Yojana Assam
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi that aims to provide 2 crores houses to the minorities and underprivileged citizens of the country at a reasonable cost. The scheme offers a subsidy of 6.5% p.a. on the housing loans interest to the citizens and is applicable throughout the entire country.
People can apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Assam as well. PMAY Assam has curated a list of beneficiaries from the EWS (Economically weaker sections), lower middle class, and middle class to ensure fair distribution of funds and facilities. Read on to find out more about the PMAY Assam scheme.
Key Features of the PMAY Assam Scheme
- Pre-approved subsidy of 6.5% p.a. on housing loans to beneficiaries
- The beneficiaries will get a subsidy of 12% CGST and will bear 8% under the PMAY Assam scheme.
- The ground floor of the residential buildings is reserved for senior citizens and specially-abled beneficiaries under the PMAY Assam scheme.
- The PMAY Assam scheme houses will be constructed using eco-friendly technologies
PMAY Assam Scheme Eligibility
Check out the eligibility parameters to become a beneficiary for the PMAY Assam scheme –
- You should be a citizen of India
- You should not hold the owner of a residential property
- You should not have availed the benefits of any other housing scheme launched by the Central or State government
- You are eligible if you fall under –
- EWS category – Annual income is below or equal to ₹3 Lakhs
- Lower middle-class category – Annual income is between ₹3 -6 Lakhs
- Middle-class category – Annual income is between ₹6-12 Lakhs
Documents Required for PMAY Assam Scheme
The documentation required for you to become a beneficiary of the PMAY Assam scheme includes –
- Passport-size photographs
- Identity Proof – PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhaar card, Passport, Driver’s Licence. Any of these documents can be used as identity proof.
- Address Proof – Voter ID, Aadhaar card, Passport, Driver’s Licence, Utility Bill. Any of these documents can be used as address proof.
- Income Proof – Bank Statements(last 6 months) or salary slips (last 3 months) can be used as income proof.
- Sale Agreement
- Buyer Agreement/ Allotment Letter
- Property Documents
- Payment Receipt is given to the developer
How to Apply for PMAY Assam Scheme?
The application procedure for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana in Assam is quick, straightforward, and user-friendly. You can apply for PMAY Assam either online or offline mode as per your convenience. The detailed procedure for applying through online and offline modes is mentioned below –
- Online Application Procedure for PMAY Assam
To fill Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online form 2022, just follow the below-mentioned steps –
- Visit the official portal of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana
- Visit the ‘Citizen Assessment’ tab and tap on the ‘Benefits under other 3 components’ option. Next click on ‘For slum dwellers ’
- Now you will have to enter all your Aadhaar card details
- After you enter your Aadhaar card details, you will be redirected to the application form page of PMAY
- Fill in the application form with the required details. The details will include name, bank account, income details, contact details, etc.
- Next, save the form and then enter the captcha code carefully
- As soon as you enter the correct captcha code, your application form is completed. Make sure you download the completed form for future use
- Offline Application Procedure for PMAY Assam
In case you are not comfortable with filling the PMAY Assam application form online. In such a situation, you do not have to worry, you can easily fill out the form offline as well. To apply offline for PMAY Assam, check out the procedure mentioned below –
- Visit the nearest Common Service Centre (CSC). These offices are located in every state and union territory of the country.
- Inquire about the PMAY Assam application form. Fill up the form with the correct details.
- After filling out the form, submit the form along with the required documents. You will also have to pay a fee of ₹25+GST.
- You must note that the government has not given any type of authority to any person or private institution to run or control operations related to the PMAY scheme. Make sure you fill in the form and submit the form and fee amount to the official office of CSC only.
How to Check your PMAY Assam Application Status?
There are two methods through which you can check your PMAY Assam application status. The procedure for both methods is mentioned below.
- Personal Details
- Visit the official portal of PMAY.
- Tap on the ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile Number’ option visible at the top of the screen.
- Enter details like state name, district name, city name, beneficiary’s name, beneficiary’s father’s name, and registered contact details.
- Once you fill in all these details properly and submit them, the current status of your application will be displayed on your screen.
- Assessment ID
- Visit the official portal of PMAY.
- Tap on the ‘By Assessment’ option visible at the top of the screen.
- Enter the assessment ID of your application form along with the registered mobile number.
- Once you fill in these details, the current application status of your PMAY application will be displayed on your screen.