Amidst the ongoing uncertain havoc being resulted due to COVID-19, Government has come up with various Schemes in order to tackle the known and unknown issues of our Society.
Recently on Friday, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has officially inaugurated the Bal Shramik Vidya Yojana through a video Conference. He informed that 2000 children have been selected in the first phase of this Scheme. The ultimate mission of this Scheme is to send these 2000 children and more to school- Both the genders will receive different amounts meaning boys will receive Rs 1000 per month and for girls, it is Rs 1200 per month.
This scheme is specially tailored to educate the child laborer and improve their substandard Plight. The scheme’s launch accord with the ‘World Day Against Child Labour’.
The Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister said that “the scheme would help children who are forced to work as laborers due to compelling circumstances in the family. Watch the full video for all the details”.
Key Highlights of the Scheme.
- Under this scheme, the government will offer an annual grant of up to Rs 1200 per month in order to send a working child laborer to school.
- Apart from this, the students who have passed class 8, 9, and 10 will be given an additional amount of Rs 6,000 for clearing each standard. As per the scheme, both the genders will receive different amounts meaning boys will receive Rs 1000 per month and for girls, it is Rs 1200 per month.
- Overall 2,000 children hailing from 57 districts of the state will seek aid from the first phase of the ”Bal Shram Vidya Yojana”.
- For making this Scheme successful for mitigating the prevailing child laborer statistics in the UP state, the Government will identify children laborers who are orphan or whose parent is physically challenged and they are landless.
- Also, the families of these children will also yield the benefits of all the schemes of the central and state government.
- Last, Children who are more artistic and are not academically inclined will have an opportunity to hone their skills under skill development workshops.
Constantly, CM Yogi has been trying his best to uplift the prevailing issues of the state, this Scheme does come as a relief as a lot of extortion has been seen and reported regarding luring innocent children and usurping them for minimum wages, thus seizing their opportunity to ever grow and thrive.