Hygiene is one of the most seminal aspects of our lives that has to be given enough priority for our welfare. With proper hygiene, a lot of healthcare complications can easily be avoided. Unfortunately, there is dirt all around us. No area is kind of spared from it. Thus, what is needed is a comprehensive understanding of the issue of hygiene and the areas where it is most needed. Nowadays many people are engaged in gaming. It is hugely popular among the masses and all kinds of age groups. This article tries to examine and review the hygiene of gaming consoles in modern lives.
Reviewing the Safety and Cleanliness Levels of Different Popular Gaming Consoles
The modern generation has a common concern among all regarding the cleanliness of their gaming consoles which they use many times. Hence through this article, we will explore the level of cleanliness of most popular gaming consoles.
- PlayStation–Although one of the most popular gaming consoles, but the bad news is that it is the most unclean of all the popular gaming consoles according to a study. The study found out that the PlayStation is 2.4 times more unclean than regular toilet seats.
- PC- Sadly, this also could not pass the required cleanliness level and also is one of the dirtiest gaming consoles available on the market.
- Xbox- Although comparatively cleaner than the other two gaming consoles, but still, our favourite Xbox could not pass the cleanliness test with flying colours either and was found to be about 2 times more unclean than a regular toilet seat.
- Switch- Surveys have found out that this is the safest and hence cleanest of all the popular gaming consoles and hence can be safely used. Although some organisms can be found on it, the number is negligible.
Some common organisms that can be found on gaming consoles
Different types of organisms that can grow on gaming consoles and how to take precautions from them are discussed as follows:
- Bacillus sp.- Different varieties of Bacillus bacteria can be found on gaming consoles. Touching the surface contaminated by bacillus bacteria and having food without washing hands can lead to stomach upsets and other similar diseases.
- Nitrococcussp- This bacterium is commonly found in the environment and can also grow on gaming consoles. But the good news is that they do not cause any harm to humans and can also be found on human skin. But it is always a good idea to keep the gaming console clean.
- Mould-This is a type of fungus that easily grows on damp areas, decaying food materials, etc. They have a furry structure and grows of surfaces of gaming consoles. There are many different kinds of species of moulds; while some are harmless others can prove extremely harmful if one inhales them in large amounts. It can cause severe breathing problems and even asthma. It may cause skin diseases too and in extreme cases can cause skin cancer too after regular exposure.
Thus, the presence of these organisms is not only gross, but it can cause serious health hazards too on regular exposure. Thus, cleaning the gaming consoles is extremely necessary. Thus, in the next section, we will discuss ways to clean one’s gaming console safely and effectively.
How to keep one’s gaming console clean and germ-free
Our common gaming consoles such as PlayStation, Xbox, etc. are not at all germ-free that is certain from the discussion above. We all want to stay safe and keep our gaming consoles clean and sanitized. Hence, we will mention some of the ways to keep our favourite gaming consoles clean.
- Use of surface sprayers or clean wipes frequently to ensure that the gaming console is free from dangerous viruses and other harmful organisms.
- To ensure maximum safety, it is recommended to unplug the gaming console first before cleaning it. After doing so, one can use a dry cloth to clean the gaming console on regular basis. This would not only clean the germs but remove fingerprints, specks of dust, etc. But one must take precautions of not using damp clothes on gaming consoles regularly as it can damage the device completely.
- Once in a while, one can make use of bleach-free solutions which are plastic friendly too to clean all the types of equipment of the gaming console and make them germ-free.
Thus, one can follow the above-mentioned steps to clean their gaming console on daily basis and use them without any tension of being infected from them.
Thus, thus through this article we have discussed the cleanliness of our common gaming consoles and concluded that they are not germ-free at all. To ensure safety while using a gaming console, we also mentioned the ways that can be used to keep one’s gaming console germ-free and safe.