Augmented reality (AR) is a growing trend among companies involved in mobile computing and business applications in particular. Augmented reality is an interactive experience of a real-world environment where the objects that reside in the real world are enhanced by computer-generated perceptual information, sometimes across multiple sensory modalities, including visual, auditory, haptic, somatosensory and olfactory.
This article enlists the most innovative Augmented Reality apps available on the Google Play Store in India in 2021.
1. GeoGebra 3D Calculator
Easily solve 3D math problems, graph 3D functions and surfaces, create geometric constructions in 3D, save and share your results. With Augmented Reality enabled, you can place math objects on any surface and walk around them! Millions of people around the world use GeoGebra to learn mathematics and science. Join us: Dynamic Mathematics for everyone!
• Plot f(x,y) functions and parametric surfaces
• Create solids, spheres, planes and many more 3D objects
• Get intersection points and cross-sections
• Experience sliders, points, graphs and geometry all working together
• Search for free learning activities directly from our app
• Save and share your results with friends and teachers
2. AR Ruler App – Tape Measure & Camera To Plan
AR Ruler app uses augmented reality technology (AR) to tape measure the real world with your smartphone’s camera. Target aim on the detected plane and start to use ar tape measure tool.
1) AR Ruler app – allows to tape measure linear sizes in cm, m, mm, inches, feet, yard.
2) Distance meter – allows to tape measure distance from device camera to a fixed point on the detected 3D plane.
3) Angle – allows to tape measure corners on 3D planes.
4) Area and Perimeter – allows to tape measure perimeter and area of the room.
5) Volume – allows to tape measure size of 3D objects.
6) Path – allows to calculate the length of the path.
7) Height – allows to tape measure height relative to the recognized surface.
8) Plan – generates plan projection for drawn objects and exports it to PDF format.
9) On-screen Ruler app – measure small objects directly on the smartphone’s screen.
3. INSIGHT HEART
This is the first augmented reality App to be rolled out in a series of Apps created and designed for medical education purposes. The goal is to make medical education fascinating, explorable, and fun for students, physicians as well as accessible to patients – anywhere and anytime, in or out of the classroom, lecture hall or living room. They have committed themselves to take medical education one step further and have developed visually stunning and highly interactive content based on real life medical and scientific specifications.
Have you ever wondered what your heart looks like during a workout Use a heart rate sensor to drive the heartbeat in realtime!
Using ARCore, INSIGHT HEART let’s users easily scan their physical surroundings and place the three-dimensional heart without the need of predefined markers. Our virtual assistant ANI will guide you through various states of the heart.
Explore the human heart like never before. Rotate and scale the high-resolution heart floating in front of you and feast your eyes on highly detailed 4k textures.
Trigger impressive visualizations of various conditions, such as normal heart rate, myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension, atrial fibrillation and dive into the detailed mode of disease of coronary artery disease and atrial fibrillation. Some of these conditions could never be experienced live!
Explore this spatial application. As you walk towards the heart, the heartbeat becomes louder, due to the integrated spacial sound and to make this experience even more engaging you can also feel the heartbeat on the palm of your hand using haptic feedback of your device.
Dive into the amazingly detailed model of the heart and explore the new blood flow simulation.
Tap on the spatial annotations to get more dedicated information for each region of the heart from every angle.
This and the other following apps in the INSIGHT-series will take medical education to a whole new level – no one has ever seen the human heart in this way before.
4. Human Anatomy Atlas 2021: Complete 3D Human Body
Human Anatomy Atlas offers thousands of models to help understand and communicate how the human body looks and works–and includes textbook-level definitions. Use it as a reference, instead of an anatomy textbook, or to create virtual lab experiences.
Includes over 10,000 anatomical models with descriptions in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese. Human Anatomy Atlas offers the most complete human anatomy atlas available, as well as a fast to learn and easy to use ad-free experience.
The base purchase includes complete male and female gross anatomy models that can be dissected, common muscles actions, select microanatomy models and sample animations. Additional in-app purchases can extend the atlas to include more detailed 3D dental models, and animations that explain physiology and common pathologies.
5. Civilisations AR
Putting history in your hand – the BBC’s first ever Augmented Reality app Civilisations AR brings art and culture direct to you from across the world.
Discover the secrets of ancient Egypt, reveal hidden layers beneath Renaissance masterpieces and learn more about the origins of these cultural treasures and the people who made them.
Treasures to be found include an ancient Egyptian mummy from the Torquay Museum, Rodin’s The Kiss from the National Museum of Wales, iconic sculptures from Henry Moore and Barbara Hepworth and masterpieces by Tintoretto, Bellini and Turner.This personal, virtual collection contains over 30 historic artefacts. It is curated by the BBC with contributions from across the UK’s heritage sector and is developed in collaboration with Nexus Studios (https://nexusstudios.com)
This free AR App forms part of a major collaboration between the BBC, Nexus Studios and more than 30 museums from across the UK to mark the launch of the new landmark arts and culture series, Civilisations.
Please treat these cultural treasures with respect when enjoying and sharing this AR experience.
Bring realistic, to-scale artefacts from History into your own home using cutting edge Augmented Reality technology.
Move, scale and rotate the collection, allowing you to become the explorer.
Use the magic Spotlight to reveal audio guides and special features.
Use the X-Ray feature to discover history’s secrets hidden within – see inside a sarcophagus or what lies beneath a painting.
Rub through the layers of history with Restore, bringing lustre to a Greek Corinthian helmet or colour to a faded Roman Cockerel statuette and find out what they looked like when new.
Translate hieroglyphics from the British Museum’s iconic Rosetta Stone.
Navigate the collection geographically in AR.
Take and share photos of the objects in your home, garden or school.
6. vTime XR: The AR & VR Social Network for Cardboard
Meet, chat, watch content, and share your photos with real people from around the globe in vTime XR – the world’s first cross-reality (XR) social network for Google Cardboard.
Hang out with friends in augmented reality, virtual reality, or without a headset in Magic Window mode – the choice is yours. Join a community that spans seven platforms, over 190 countries, and now three realities!
• Be sociable, together: vTime allows you to meet friends and new people in AR or VR, from wherever you are in the world.
• Make it personal: Create your vTime avatar, with hundreds of customization options to make a realistic virtual you
• Choose your reality: Choose from AR (powered by ARCore), VR, or Magic Window mode (which allows you to vTime without a headset).
• Pick your destination: Join friends in our frequently changing library of incredible virtual environments.
• Watch exciting video content from Manchester City Football Club with friends in vTime XR Theaters!
• Upload your photos and 360 images to share with friends: Share 2D photos, or chat inside your memories in the 360 Gallery.
• Express yourself with vMote gestures: Our suite of 17 virtual emojis includes wave, blow kiss, and celebrate!
• Keep your friends close: Build and manage friends lists to easily connect and see when your VR social circle is online.
• Stay in touch with ‘vText’: Private message vTime friends whether they’re online or offline.
• Feel like you’re really there: Experience lifelike 360 sound with DTS:X® Game Audio
•Take a vSelfie: What goes on in our VR social network doesn’t have to stay there! Capture the moment with a virtual selfie.
• Completely cross platform: Available on seven platforms, from mobile to PC
• No technical ability required: vTime is easy to use. Simply fire up the app, choose your reality, and go!
• Connect over 3G, 4G, cellular, or WI-FI.
7. Star Chart AR
Star Chart AR lets you explore the Earth in Augmented Reality through the window of your phone’s screen. All in real time!
Included in Star Chart AR are:
– AR Earth – the Earth beautifully rendered in realtime for AR viewing
– AR Orrery – the solar system including the sun, planets, major moons, dwarf planets, asteroid & kuiper belts, and major asteroids (available as an in-app upgrade)
Star Chart AR is best experienced with ample room and good lighting. We like to view it outdoors when scaled to maximum size or on a large clear table when scaled down.
Move your device in a circular motion while looking at the surface you would like the device to detect. An overlay will appear on the detected surface and fade out after a few seconds. Tap to place the AR object on a detected surface.
8. Krystal Kart AR
Experience the thrill of drifting through fast looping tracks and immerse yourself in the wonders of AR as you race into a new reality.
Set in a remote area of the galaxy, you are challenged to beat the competition to the finish line. Krystal Kart features stylized visuals, fun physics, and fast drift based racing.
– Competitive multiplayer
– Challenging singleplayer modes
– Stylized art style and sci-fi environments
– Fast-paced, fun drifting style gameplay
– 3 different ways to drive your car
Krystal Kart can be played in Augmented Reality. This means that you play through your camera on real surfaces, for example your kitchen table.
9. Scriptum AR Escape Room
Sharpen your senses to escape from the 4 Scriptum rooms. You must find all the objects, clues, riddles and follow the game mechanics to solve the mystery and find the way out. Remember that you only have 30 minutes to escape so you must be quick to find everything you need.
Scriptum is developed in Augmented Reality, detects the ground plane thanks to Apple ARKit capabilities (the device has to be compatible) and the camera of your mobile device. Remember that you must grant permissions to use the Camera in the application.
They recommend playing Scriptum in a diaphanous place of 3×3 meters to avoid space problems, but with the new button to walk is not essential. Be carefully with the real objects around the game since you can get confused and bump into them. You can enjoy Scriptum both indoors and outdoors, but always in a safe place.