10 Best digital marketing companies in India 2021.
Digital marketing has been essential to business and brand advancement during this lockdown and pandemic. Brands’ aggressive marketing of products and services on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Linked In, and even Google have become the norm. Due to this, many Indian businesses are looking for top digital marketing agencies. Digital advertising is forecast to grow by 15.3% in 2020 due to this pandemic, reaching a value of INR 15782 crores in 2020.
The Top Picks of Digital Marketing
As part of our list of digital marketing agencies in India, we have covered some of the most important and lucrative agencies. One of the essential characteristics that distinguish it from the rest is how it stands out. We have identified the qualities which make it the best agency in terms of performance in handling business-to-business work.
- Overall Best – Growth Hackers Digital
Growth Hackers Digital is an award-winning digital marketing agency headquartered in Bangalore. The agency specializes in assisting customers in overcoming challenges related to growth by employing experienced marketing professionals. Besides tackling issues faced by new-age startups and large companies, the company’s day-to-day activities include serving as a cutting-edge Performance Marketing & Advertising Agency. Growth Hackers has helped numerous companies grow organically, generate leads, improve CAC, and improve assets return during the last four years.
- Marketing Agency with the Best Performance – iProspect
No other agency has performed as well as iProspect in delivering work, ideating, executing, reporting, and scaling the magnitude of work. As part of their content optimization and campaign strategies, they utilize Tableau, AWS, etc. The company also uses consumer data to build campaigns, which helps perfect campaigns and reach the right audience.
- Award-winning creative agency – Web Chutney
A digital marketing agency in India must have a creative approach. Their work reflects this. When it comes to creativity, Web Chutney is one digital marketing agency that stands out. With their creative campaigns, they work with brands such as Flipkart, Swiggy, Tanishq, etc. Brands have always relied on their creative artwork and stories as a means of associating with their consumers, resulting in greater conversions and linkages.
- Budget-Friendly – Growth Hackers Digital
Growth Hackers Digital is a Google and Facebook partner company that provides a satisfactory digital marketing service that does justice to any business’ marketing budget. Investing in marketing may not yield direct returns when it comes to marketing ROI. Our top digital marketing companies in India 2021 have been ranked by Growth Hackers Digital because they have high ROI, making them the best budget company.
What Is Digital Marketing?
Internet-based marketing strategies are called “digital marketing”. Companies often use search engines, social media, email, and other websites to communicate with present and potential customers. In conducting product research, customers rely heavily on digital technologies.
Digital marketing encompasses a variety of types, including SEO marketing, content marketing, and social media marketing. In SEO, you optimize your site to appear higher in search engine results pages, thereby boosting the amount of organic (or free) traffic it receives. Among the channels that benefit from SEO are blogs, websites, and infographics. Content materials are created and promoted in content marketing to increase brand exposure, traffic growth, lead generation, and customer acquisition. Among the types of content, you can use for your content marketing plan are blog posts, ebooks and white papers, infographics, and other forms of media.
Throughout the buying process, inbound marketing helps companies reach, engage, and satisfy customers. It involves promoting your brand and content on social media platforms to make the brand more visible, increase traffic, and generate leads for the business. You can utilize social media marketing platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Inbound marketing examples include email campaigns, blogs, and videos.
Today’s broad and complex cross-channel world requires marketers to delve deep into identifying engaging marketing methods that create an impact to realize digital marketing’s potential fully. Engagement with customers in a digital environment allows you to raise brand awareness, position yourself as a market thought leader, and position your organization at the top of the customer’s mind.
Types Of Digital Marketing Companies
Although most digital marketing agencies will enhance your company’s visibility on the various marketing channels offered to internet businesses, they are all different. There are three main types of digital marketing agencies in India and worldwide service, single-channel and multichannel. Additional marketing services are provided by several marketing companies, including (but not limited to): Content, SEO, managing social media, up for auction media, and email marketing.
- An all-in-one digital marketing company
This agency brings together artists, developers, creators, analysts, and technical experts under one roof. A marketing agency can handle everything from building your website to keeping your marketing channels current. A full-service digital marketing company is also more significant so that you may be attracted to its all-inclusive approach.
The idea may seem like a good one, but if you don’t do your homework, it could backfire if you see a price that looks too good to be true. A weak design or digital marketing is usually a sign that one is only an “add-on service” rather than a devoted service by a specialist in that area. As an example, they may be a design company that offers digital marketing as an after-sale service. Since they specialize in website design, this is not their area of expertise, and you may not get the results you expect.
- Marketing agencies with a single channel of communication
You can get more visibility on a specific channel if you partner with a single-channel agency specializing in one area. As they stick to what they are good at and focus on it, these agencies usually perform well. Suppose you work with another agency or have an in-house marketing team that needs a little extra help; a single channel agency may be your best option. Small businesses with limited resources who prefer to work on a project basis will benefit from this service.
- The Multichannel Digital Marketing Agency
Multichannel digital marketing agencies are built on strategy. There will be experts in each of these channels among these firms that specialize in these channels. To achieve overall digital success, it helps increase awareness of the appropriate channels and integrate them smartly.
To make sure that their campaigns are of the highest quality, multichannel firms invest effort, expertise, and experience. A holistic approach involves integrating each channel to form a comprehensive strategy that enables companies to target the right audience in the right place.
India’s best digital marketing agencies include Webchutney, Pinstorm, WatConsult, Intellemo, Gozoop, and EveryMedia.
What Are The Top 10 Digital Marketing Companies In India?
The following is a comprehensive list of India’s top digital marketing agencies, presented in detail. A few significant factors that come to mind when picking a digital marketing company will also be discussed, like the services, awards, clients, etc.
- Web Chutney
A leading digital marketing company with offices in Mumbai and Gurgaon, it is headquartered in Bangalore. Established in 1999, the agency has become the most creative agency with up to 200 employees. They rank among the top digital marketing companies in India for 2021 with their work with brands like Swiggy, Tanishq, Flipkart, and Uber.
Dentsu acquired Web Chutney to expand in India, and it quickly became the most creative advertising agency in the country. Several awards were handed out to them during the recently concluded Cannes Lions 2021. The brands’ advertisements speak of emotions and are pretty effective at connecting with their target audiences. It enables them to create content that drives awareness and engagement, and conversions among their customers. The campaigns are instantly viral and appeal to the masses because they use meaningful content and a dynamic approach.
- Services: They specialize in various areas, including Advertising, Communications, Communications Design, Digital Marketing, Brand Marketing, and Creative Technology.
- Case Studies: To understand why they are the best creative agency in India, look at their work for Flipkart and Tanishq, Swiggy Instamart’s Better Half Recipes, etc.
- Awards: The company has won several awards, including Digital and Social Media Mandate, Cannes Lions 2021, and Campaign Agency of the Year.
- Clientele: Tanishq, Flipkart India, Swiggy India, Uber, the ICC World Cup 2019, OK Cupid, etc.
- Affordability: They create campaigns with meaning and flavour and usually charge over INR 15 lakhs for video production and message creation.
- Growth Hackers Digital
India-based Growth Hackers Digital is a multi-award-winning digital marketing agency. In 2017, the agency was based in Bangalore. Due to its experienced marketing team, the agency is relatively small but specializes in helping its clients overcome growth-related challenges. The company’s day-to-day activities include addressing challenges that face both new-age startups and multinational corporations as a leading Performance Marketing and Advertising Agency. Growth Hackers has helped countless businesses grow organically, generate leads, improve CAC, and increase ROAS over the last four years.
User Personas are developed based on available research, experience, and data in a well-structured process at the company. Once the apt personas are set, the team can start designing dynamic campaigns targeting the target demographic, focusing on the creative.
- Services: They specialize in search engine optimization, conversion rate optimization, marketing automation, content marketing, pay-per-click, digital marketing, digital transformation, digital consulting, organic growth, account management, Marketing for mobile apps, search engine marketing, social media marketing, performance marketing, social media management, inbound marketing, and growth marketing.
- Case Studies: If you want to learn more about their approach to the services mentioned above, check out their case studies on Decathlon, Orobind, ICICI Bank, etc.
- Awards: The company was honoured as the most promising digital marketing company in India by Silicon India in 2019 and 2021.
- Customers: Decathlon, ICICI, Universal Robots, The New Indian Express, Cuemath, Avanse, Chalo, Goal Wise, Bare Anatomy, Hush, Vahan, Moonwalker, Taleb Group, Rang De, etc.
- Affordability: Because they capitalize on growth for their brands, they are both a premium and budget agency. Depending on the project, their retainers are usually above INR 5 lakhs per month.
Dentsu-owned digital-first media agency iProspect is based in London. Across 93 markets, the prospect team collaborates with over 8,000 media and performance experts. A global digital marketing leader in 2021, iProspect is ranked among the top digital marketing companies in India. Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, and Bangalore are the company’s four Indian offices.
With a unique understanding of culture, content, data, and technology, iProspect is known for building strong brands. With brands becoming more performance-driven, the company offers unparalleled media strategy, storytelling, audience intelligence, and digital skills. iProspect aims to drive growth across the media by responding quickly to customer behaviour with a performance mindset.
- Services: Search engine optimization, pay-per-click advertising, display advertising management, paid inclusion management, shopping feed management, analytics modelling, digital marketing, business intelligence, and activation marketing are some of their specialities.
- Case Studies: Check out their work like Free to be a King by Budweiser, Brilliant Sound, Everywhere by Sonos, Under Armour’s Amazon marketing approach, etc., to see how effective is their work.
- Awards: Many of their awards have been given by IAMAI, the World Digital Marketing Congress, ad tech Digixx, etc.
- Clientele: Their clients include Sonos, Cox, LG, Hilton, Levi’s, Budweiser, Microsoft, and Procter & Gamble.
- Affordability: iProspect is widely regarded as a trusted performance marketing agency, but its campaigns and consulting services are usually costly.
WatConsult, a hybrid digital agency with over 350 awards, 175 clients, 400 employees, and offices in Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore, is India’s best digital marketing agency. It has worked with over 600 clients in India since Dentsu International was founded in January 2007. Therefore, WATConsult has assisted several companies in promoting their brands through digital media.
Digital First Agency WatConsult is known as India’s most internationally awarded company. In January 2015, Dentsu International acquired the company as a result of its exceptional growth. By 2018, WatConsult was the only Indian agency to be ranked among the Top 3 in the APAC region by Epica. MMA global smarties business impact index recognized it as Top 10 globally in the same year.
- Services: They specializes in Social Media Marketing, Online Reputation Management, Online Public Relations, Social Media Audits, Mobile Marketing, Web Development, Mobile Development, SEO, SEM, Video, and Programmatic Buying.
- Case Studies: Nanhi Kali #PowerlessQueen, Vivo ViewTube, Tata Motors Harrier #LikeNoOther, etc. There are some case studies you can check out.
- Awards: Kyoorius, Unlocked Awards, Campaign Media360, Shortys’, Marketers’ Excellence, etc., have all been won by this company.
- Clientele: The company works with GE Healthcare, Sun Pharmaceuticals, Vero Moda, Godrej India, DBS Bank, etc.
- Cost-effectiveness: They charge based on the work they do and concentrate on marketing in general. The consultancy charges are upwards of 10 lakhs for retainer models.
A top digital marketing company in India, Performics India will be among the leading global companies in 2021. Convonix and Resultrix, two legacy brands in India, based out of Mumbai, were merged to create the new company. The most prominent performance marketing agency in India is Performics, originally based out of Chicago. More than 1,000 members of their core team are experienced and adept at their work, led by Pallav Jain and Sarfaraz Khimani.
Performics has benefited from this strategy by landing a diversified client base across verticals and capturing significant market share in BFSI, Travel, and Media. We are talking about a young team that is comprised of MBA graduates and experienced professionals. The clientele is split 60:40 between domestic and international clients, and the firm’s wide range of expertise in digital marketing has allowed them to scale their plethora of products efficiently. More than 3,500 digital experts spread across 60 countries with Performics India, Publicis Media’s performance marketing company. They were acquired by Google and started by them.
- Services: Performance Marketing, Search Engine Optimization, Performance Marketing, Facebook Marketing, Media Planning, Digital Analytics, Conversion Optimization, and Performance offers.
- Case Study: There are several case studies that you can read, including Axis Bank’s, Republic World’s Breaking Barriers by Breaking News, HDFC Bank’s Loans, etc., to get a better idea of what they offer.
- Awards: CRED won the India Excellence Award, July 2021; Performance Marketing Mandatum, etc.
- Clientele: They have worked with HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, Airtel, Alt Balaji, Cadbury Deliveries, Marico, Republic World, etc.
- Affordability: Among the best performance marketing agencies, this company specializes in conversions and digital campaigns. Their fees usually range from INR 15 lakh to INR 25 lakh per campaign.
Founded in Mumbai with offices in Delhi and Bangalore, Mirum is one of India’s best digital marketing firms. With over 46 offices and more than 2500 employees, they operate globally in 25 countries. Social Wavelength’s rebranding allowed them to establish a Pan-India presence and work with more than 50 brands across the country and abroad. As one of the leading Salesforce Gold Partners in India, they have helped various pan-Indian and global brands automate many marketing functions.
In the field of marketing and data sciences, their approach is centred around innovation and technology. A lot of their conversions are driven by data-driven campaigns. Mirum is the agency to approach if you want to start an online business and expand with e-commerce. Their goal is to assist you with all your questions and concerns, as they are willing to help you at all times.
- Services: Mirum specializes in digital marketing strategy, automation, technology, creative services, media planning, and social media management.
- Case Studies: To learn more about the marketing style and strength of Salesforce automation, check out KFC India’s Marketing Automation, Emojis by Pepsi India, Figaro Olive Oil’s Tel Badlo Rishta Nahi, etc.
- Awards: The company has received awards like Socialathon India, the Digital Marketing Leadership Awards, Foxglove Awards, and Marketing Innovation Awards.
- Clientele: They work with KFC, P&G, Godrej, The Times of India, Apollo Hospitals, and Skechers.
- Affordability: Their fees are reasonable compared to other agencies, and they charge based on the number of services you receive. One of their best services is marketing automation, which attracts the majority of their clients.
In 2000, the company was founded. They are one of India’s leading digital marketing agencies. The company has offices and business correspondents throughout India, including Delhi, Mumbai and Chennai. Due to this, the company can attract clients across various industries and parts of India. Creative Marketing Group was founded by Chaaya Baradhwaaj, a progressive marketer and an expert in the field. It is she who has curated a dynamic team of marketing experts with diverse backgrounds.
It allows them to provide a holistic approach to their campaigns, in which they focus on a variety of different aspects, which gives them a competitive edge. Their goal is to create unique content that engages customers, generating brand awareness, encouraging engagement, and leading to conversions. Examples include Chuck E. Cheese, Yes Bank, and Axis Bank, who have all benefited from this approach.
- Services: BCWebwise provides web marketing services including strategy, design and management, mobile marketing, media buying and planning, social media marketing, and identity design, including logos and related materials to brand a business.
- Case Studies: Take a look at #LowLightHeroes by Asus, Camlin Kokuyo Ramayana Rangoli, Asus Zenpad Stories, etc., to get an idea of how they market.
- Awards: Their campaigns have been recognized through awards such as Abby Award 2019 and 2018 DMA Asia Echo, Abby Award 2017 and CEF 2016.
- Clientele: The company works with Hero MotoCorp, Bharat Benz, Mahindra, Astral Pipes, Merlot, Axis Bank, PediaSure, Abbott, etc.
- Affordability: They are not keen on disclosing their prices, like other digital marketing agencies. They charge upwards of INR 10 lakh per month as a retainer for an end-to-end consultancy, however.
They are also a prominent digital marketing company in India, with offices in Mumbai, Bangalore, and Delhi. Their unique marketing approach sets them apart from the competition. A brand’s marketing environment is usually created from a client’s perspective centred around their brand.
Getting the best results requires an integrated approach to campaigns, even if trends are essential in digital marketing. Their system is to create a strategy based on the performance indicators of the business and brainstorm campaigns based on that strategy. In addition, they use data-driven techniques and data analytics tools to make their campaigns more effective and efficient.
- Services: They offer digital marketing, social media marketing, branding, online reputation management, search engine optimization, social media, and pay-per-click.
- Case Studies: Apollo 24×7, Kotak Mahindra Bank, and Westside are excellent examples of using digital media for their brands.
- Awards: DMAi Echo India Awards 2014, gold and silver awards, etc.
- Clientele: They work with companies like Decathlon India, Apollo 24*7, Bharti AXA Life Insurance, Westside, Royal Sundaram, More Supermarkets and many others.
- Affordability: While they are highly secretive about their charges, their prices are competitive, and their pitches are very futuristic compared to their competitors.
Incorporated in 2008, they are an innovative digital marketing agency that embraces the future. The company has offices in Bangalore, Mumbai, and Gurgaon and is one of India’s top digital marketing agencies. An established team of individuals and a bold marketing approach have revolutionized the entire market. The brands they represent have instantly connected to Generation Z and millennials on social networks due to their integrated marketing services, unique content, and storytelling. Their campaigns have always been viral due to core values such as Integrity, Creation, Endurance, Excellence, and Empathy.
Their core team has built great relationships in the industry, and they are pretty serious about their work. As a result, they can retain their clients and take an exclusive approach to gain new ones.
- Services: They can help you with Social Media management, content creation and collaboration, SEO, tech development, media services, data analytics, and omnichannel e-commerce management are just some of what they do.
- Case Studies: Some exciting case studies include #SemiPresentable by Celio and #DateTheWhopper by Burger King. Visit their website for more information.
- Awards: The company has won Silver at IDMA Awards for Best Use of Topical Posts in a campaign, Gold at IAMAI Awards for Best Use of YouTube, MMA Smarties 2020, and Leadership Awards.
- Clientele: Burger King India, Kellogg’s India, Celio, Western Digital, Aditya Birla Capital, etc.
- Affordability: This company does not disclose their prices, and they work on a retainer basis according to what services you require. Their prices are high.
They are located in Mumbai, Bangalore, and Delhi, India’s young digital marketing company. Their interconnected and wide range of services has revolutionized the entire marketing field in the last six years. They serve as a one-stop solution for all types of digital marketing needs because of their inclusivity in the marketing world. The company has a talented team of young marketing professionals who provide all kinds of marketing solutions. They have become one of the top digital marketing agencies in India as a result. The company has left a lasting impression across various industries with its unique brands and campaigns, including Fevicol, Asus India, Vivo India, Ashok Leyland, etc.
Through well-curated campaigns, innovative stories, unique scripts, and relentless care from their team, they help to provide a unique perspective on all marketing types. Minimalist and straightforward content also helped them land projects and brands across industries, and their talented content creators have made these brands shine. You should associate your brand with this agency if you are looking for affordable services under one roof.
- Services: The company’s range of services includes social media management, media planning and buying, search engine optimization, UI/UX and video production, PR and influencer marketing, technology development, and more.
- Case Studies: For a closer look at their work, check out some illustrious case studies, such as GYMJNS by Spykar, #swiperrightwithuno, and GoodKnight: #lovetheoutdoors. We can find more such case studies on their website.
- Awards: SchBang took home four Gold awards and two Silver awards at the Mommy Awards for its Fevicol, Amazon Prime Video, and Budweiser campaigns. Defending their brands on social media, the company won Silver Awards for both ‘best brand’ and ‘best social media post’ and Gold Awards for the ‘best moment marketing post’ and the ‘best social media post that didn’t go live.
- Clientele: The company has worked with brands like Fevicol, Spykar Jeans, Ashok Leyland, M.A.C cosmetics, Swiggy, Amazon Prime Video, etc.
- Affordability: Their rates are highly competitive, and they usually vary depending on the number of services you require. According to the project, none of the benefits would cost less than INR 500,000 per month.
An agency that specializes in digital marketing has many benefits.
Considering hiring a digital marketing agency? In addition to these reasons, the best digital marketing agencies in India have these qualities as well:
- You can grow your online business with it.
If the pandemic has taught entrepreneurs anything, it is to go digital or flounder and become obsolete. Creating a digital presence will require a substantial investment of time if your company is primarily offline. In addition, you may need to launch a website, start running social media ads and send out newsletters.
- You will attract more customers.
When you pay-per-click on platforms like Facebook, Google, or Instagram on your own, you only have to pay for the ad space. You also pay a digital marketing agency to increase the number of people who see your ads when you hire one.
- You will grow your internal marketing department.
The addition of a digital marketing agency will increase the power of your existing marketing team. Especially if you’re a small or medium-sized business, you won’t be able to hire your own social media specialist, paid advertising specialist, or SEO specialist. When you hire an agency, however, all of those employees are working for you.
- You get advanced information from advanced tools.
Many useful tools are available to digital marketers to help them learn about their clients, their search visibility, and the entire site’s performance. You will not be charged to use these tools since digital agencies generally fund them. Your marketing success will largely depend on the devices you use.
What Is The Best Way To Choose A Digital Marketing Agency?
There is nothing complex about concluding that your company needs to hire a digital marketing agency in India. You are choosing the right digital marketing agency that fits your needs. Anyone with an internet connection can create a website and begin selling services as a business owner today.
No prior experience is necessary. Consequently, finding the right digital agency in India is very challenging. Your preferences and the types of work you do determine a lot of it. First, you must recognize you have a marketing issue that requires a digital marketing company to resolve.
Determine your company’s specific requirements
You should examine your requirements before you begin looking for your new agency. Decide the goals you want to achieve with your digital activities and how your digital agency can help you reach them. While you may need help with your digital marketing for various reasons, you should be able to specify a particular area of concern.
The objectives and goals of your project are now clear to you. Let’s look at what makes digital solid marketing agencies. When choosing a company, keep these features in mind. It will be their job to help you separate top-tier service providers from those who can’t prove their expertise.
- The list of clients and a tangible portfolio
The people they work with and the work they do matter to skilled digital marketing agencies. The partnerships that they forge are frequently made public. It isn’t easy to display some services, such as content marketing and SEO. Consequently, agencies specializing in specific fields may be unable to display their work in portfolios. However, a client list, as an indicator of their expertise, is equally important.
- Team members who are qualified and experienced
The agency you choose must have the right team members for the job, irrespective of the services you require. For example, a brand logo wouldn’t be created by someone with a graphic designer. You can find a list of the team members in the about section of the website.
- Having a solid market reputation and positive social proof
It can be helpful to read testimonials and reviews of an agency’s former clients to understand better how they work.
- Determine whether the company culture and beliefs match your own
It is crucial to your business’ success to partner with an agency that shares your values and operates in the same culture is vital to your business’ success. A company’s culture and values are equally important as its performance.
- Do not exaggerate your claims.
A good indicator of how well an agency knows its market is its website’s type of results. Red flags are promises that are extravagant or unattainable. Make sure your digital marketing agency is open and delivers on its promises.
Here are some frequently asked questions (FAQs
- What is the role of a digital marketing agency?
Businesses use digital marketing companies because they have the knowledge and skills they need. Digital marketing companies have access to the most recent trends, best practices, and tools and techniques for effective digital marketing. Using a digital marketing company can increase your website’s inbound traffic, generate sales-ready leads, enhance your marketing strategy and get your company noticed. An excellent digital marketing company can deliver these benefits.
- What is the process of hiring digital marketing companies?
You will need to put together a team of skilled digital marketers with specialized knowledge as you grow your business and scale it. Your staff should have the ability to acquire, create, and monetize content. Employ intelligent marketers who are driven by something more than salary to join your company. With the right culture fit and a great onboarding approach, you can build an all-star marketing team that will stand its ground and evolve with your business.
- What is the average digital marketing companies fee in India?
Many services are covered by digital marketing, including search engine optimization, social media marketing, and pay-per-click advertising. The cheapest PPC package starts at 7.5k, and the most expensive website design and development package is 62k. There are 16K to 62K web development packages available. Including service fees, SEO packages start at 9k and can go up to 45k-50k. These are the packages offered by the top digital marketing agencies in India.
Article Proofread and Edited by Shreedatri Banerjee