Details on the Google Pixel 6a, including specifications, features, the expected price in India, and more
Despite being months away from launch, details about Google’s Pixel 6a have surfaced. Therefore, we have provided you with a list of all information that is currently available regarding the Pixel 6a.
- An online dummy unit of the Pixel 6a has appeared
- The team has a design similar to the Pixel 6
- A Google Tensor chipset could be used with Pixel 6a
Dummy Pixel 6a images have been leaked, revealing what the device may look like—displaying the Pixel 6a’s complete design on the aluminium dummy unit. Identical to the renderings online, the creation of the team is similar. Despite this, it is hard to determine the credibility of the leak at this point.
Located on the back panel is a big horizontal camera module. A centered punch-hole display is featured on the front, as well as a fingerprint scanner built into the display. A look at the rear camera module shows that the Pixel 6a has a dual-camera setup.
Furthermore, Google Pixel 6a, codenamed Bluejay, was stopped. Reports also indicated the Pixel 6a would be equipped with the same camera setup as the Pixel 5. It may also be equipped with the custom Tensor chipset that appears in the Pixel 6 lineup. Those were just a few details about the Pixel 6a. However, we have more to share with you.
Pixel 6a: Specifications and features
- The budget Pixel 6a has begun to leak a few weeks after the Pixel 6 series launched. Recent leaks have revealed a dummy unit of the alleged Google Pixel 6a. Tip-off source David Kowalski (@xleaks7) partnered with Fathom Bracelets, a vendor of men’s bracelets.
- An aluminium dummy unit leaked online reveals the complete Pixel 6a schematics. Across the width of the device, a horizontal rear-facing camera module appears. The back panel of the device also has the Google logo. The front of the device has a centred punch-hole camera and a fingerprint scanner under the display. There are two speaker grilles and a USB Type-C port on the bottom of the device.
- Similarly, the design of the leaked dummy unit is consistent with the previously revealed renders. A refreshed design is expected for the mid-range Pixel, if the leaks are to be believed. Interestingly, the last two Pixel’s with midrange pricing, the Pixel 4a and Pixel 5a, had similar design elements. The Pixel 6a has a new look so it will be enjoyable to see.
- According to reports, Pixel 6a could get an under-display authentication system. It is also mentioned in the newly leaked dummy, so something may be claiming it. A fingerprint scanner is not available on any midrange Pixel (Pixel 3a, Pixel 4a or Pixel 5a).
- Pixel 6a will have a smaller design than Pixel 6 according to reports. 158.6, 74.8, and 8.9 mm are the dimensions of Pixel 6, while 152.2, 71.8, and 8.7mm will be the dimensions of Pixel 6a. Additionally, the Pixel 6a is expected to feature a larger OLED display than the Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro, which feature 6.4-inch and 6.7-inch displays, respectively.
- There are likely to be changes to the interior design as well, as there are to the exterior. According to 9to5Google, Google Pixel 6a would come with Tensor chipset. According to Google, this device will also have Tensor capabilities. For conversations on the Pixel 6a, we may see updated Voice Typing, HDRnet video, and Live Translate.
- In the same report it was noted that the Google Pixel 6a is known as the Bluejay. According to the report, the Pixel 6a will be equipped with a 12.2MP Sony IMX363 sensor previously found in the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a. Along with the primary sensor, there will be an ultra-wide 12-megapixel sensor from Sony. For selfies, it may come with an 8-megapixel camera on the front.
- Currently, Google’s Pixel phones are only available in midrange 5G models. As of right now, there is only one 5G variant of the Pixel 5a, as opposed to the Pixel 4a, which had a 4G model and a 5G model. Thus, Google is likely to release the Pixel 6a in a 5G only version.
Google Pixel 6a launch
On August 17 this year, Google launched the Pixel 5a. As well as the Pixel 4a, the Pixel 4a arrived in August as well. The Pixel 6a is expected to arrive during the same period next year as the Pixel 6 and 6.
The availability of the device in India is unknown at the moment. In the US and Japan, the Pixel 5a has only been announced. Aside from that, the Pixel 6 series has not been launched in the country yet. Therefore, it is impossible to say if Google plans to make its smartphone available in the country.
Google Pixel 6a India price (expected)
Pricing of the Pixel 6a is too early to discuss. If the rumored changes are true, Google may increase the price of the upcoming model. It is worth remembering that the Pixel 5a 5G launched at the same price as the Pixel 4a 5G, $450 (Rs 33,000). Pixel 6a will be priced under $500 (roughly Rs 37,200), but the Pixel 6 starts at an aggressive $599 (roughly Rs 44,600).