WHO, China accused of covering up COVID-19 threat by Hong Kong virologist

0
13399

In some not so shocking news, China has been accused of conducting the biggest cover-up in the history of cover-ups by a Hong-Kong based virologist.


Dr. Li-Meng Yan
, a virologist, and immunologist at the Hong Kong School of Public Health, has blamed China for concealing the coronavirus pandemic expressing that China’s Centre for Disease Control and Prevention knew about the human-to-human transmission ability of COVID-19. She has likewise blamed WHO Advisor Professor Malik Peiris of being aware yet failing to address it.

Yan disclosed to Fox News, an American news channel, in an exclusive interview that she has reason to believe that the Chinese government has known about the novel coronavirus a long time before it has been letting on. She says her superiors, eminent as top specialists in their fields, likewise disregarded the research she had been doing at the beginning of the pandemic that she believes could have spared millions of lives. According to data published by the John Hopkins University, over 12.5 million people have been affected by COVID-19 worldwide out of which over 5.6 lakh have succumbed to the disease.

She includes that they had the responsibility to let the world know, given their status as a World Health Organization reference research center specializing in the research of influenza infections and pandemics, particularly as the infection started spreading at the beginning of 2020.

Yan, presently sequestered from everything, guarantees the administration of the nation where she hails from, is attempting to douse her in notoriety to discredit her statements, and blames the government’s henchmen for choreographing a digital assault against her in order to shut her mouth. Yan’s story weaves an incredible case about cover-ups at the most significant levels of government and apparently uncovered the over the top impulse of President Xi Jinping and his Communist Party to control the coronavirus narrative in their favour: what China knew, when it knew it and what altered data it sold to the remainder of the world.

Yan, who says she was one of the primary researchers on the planet to examine the novel coronavirus, was supposedly asked by her supervisor at the University, Dr. Leo Poon, in 2019 to research the odd bunch of SARS-like cases cropping up in mainland China by the end of December 2019.

Yan said she and her colleagues across China examined the impossible-to-miss infection however that she shortly noticed a sharp shift in tone. Specialists and scientists who had been openly talking about the infection, out of nowhere became tight-lipped about it. Those belonging to Wuhan–which later would turn into the hub of the outbreakwent radio silent and others were cautioned not to ask them about the subtleties.

The specialists stated, inauspiciously, “We can’t discuss it, yet we have to wear masks,” Yan said.

“The Chinese government would not let foreign specialists, even the ones from Hong Kong, investigate or research in China,” she said. “So I went to my companions to get more data.”

Yan had a broad network of expert contacts in different clinical establishments in mainland China, having grown up and finished a lot of her education there. She says that is the exact reason she was solicited to lead this sort of research, particularly when she says her team realized they weren’t getting every bit of relevant information from the administration.

One companion, a researcher at the Center for Disease Control and Prevention in China, had direct information on the cases and purportedly told Yan on Dec. 31 about human-to-human transmission a long time before China or the WHO conceded such spread was conceivable.

She likewise asserts the co-executive of a WHO-partnered Professor Malik Peiris knew yet didn’t care to disclose it. The WHO website lists Peiris as a “counsel” on the WHO International Health Regulations Emergency Committee for Pneumonia because of the Novel Coronavirus 2019-nCoV.

Yan was baffled, yet not amazed she disclosed to Fox News, “I definitely realize that would happen on the grounds that I know the corruption amongst this sort of worldwide association like the WHO to China government, and to the China Communist Party,” she said. “So essentially… I acknowledge it yet I don’t need this deceptive data to spread to the world.”

The WHO and China have passionately denied claims of a cover-up.

The WHO has likewise denied that Yan, Poon, or Peiris ever worked legitimately for the association.

 

READ  Blood Group O is Less Susceptible to COVID-19 virus

“Professor Malik Peiris is an infectious disease expert who has been on WHO missions and expert gatherings – as are numerous individuals famous in their fields,” WHO representative Margaret Ann Harris said in an email. “That doesn’t make him a WHO staff part, nor does represent WHO.

Yan is, as of now in the US after getting away from Hong Kong.

The Chinese Embassy in the United States revealed to Fox News they don’t have a clue who Yan is and keep up that China has taken care of the pandemic nobly.

“We have never known about this individual,” the emailed explanation read. “The Chinese government has reacted quickly and successfully to COVID-19 since its flare-up. Every one of its endeavors has been unmistakably reported in the white paper “Fighting COVID-19: China in Action” with complete transparency. Facts tell everything.”

WHO has likewise kept on denying any bad behavior during the earliest days of the infection. The medical arm of the United Nations has been berated as of late by researchers challenging its official perspective on how the infection spreads. WHO has additionally adjusted the coronavirus course of events on its site, presently saying it got data about the infection from WHO researchers and not the Beijing specialists– as it has been claiming for over half a year.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.