The Liverpool Taxi Explosion Imposes Threat on The Security of The Uk; 2022 Might Witness More Severe Terrorism Fears The Experts

Just when the world started looking forward to setting goals for achieving global peace and settled down to figure out how to solve the global terrorism issues, an explosion outside Liverpool Women’s Hospital left the authorities alarmed. On the 15th of November 2021, a Sunday morning in Liverpool became a nightmare for the security of the UK.

The UK seems to be under severe terrorist threat since the incident. The explosion might have been a mark of the beginning paving the way for significant and more serious terrorist attacks.Liverpool taxi blast was ′terrorist incident′ — UK police | News | DW | 15.11.2021

Investigators caught hold of the CCTV footage outside the hospital, where the taxi is seen exploding after pulling up in front of the hospital reception. The driver, David Perry, was seen running out of the car immediately. A strange black plume of smoke was spotted seconds before the entire taxi exploded in the footage. The emergency services immediately took steps to put out the fire.

The forensics department reported remains of a dead man were found. His name was Emad Al Swealmeen, as written by the police. UK media said he was a 32-year-old, born to Syrian and Iraqi heritage parents, spent a large amount of his life in Iraq and entered Britain as an asylum-seeker. He sacrificed himself in the explosion.

Meanwhile, the Taxi driver David Perry was hospitalised for injuries and burns but has been released. A local fundraiser raised £20,000 (Rs 20 lakh) for his treatment. Liverpool mayor Joanne Anderson appreciated him for tactfully diverting an awful disaster at the hospital that specialises in women and babies’ health.

Russ Jackson, the chief constable, counter-terrorism North West, said the suicide bomber had been instructed to be taken to the Liverpool Women’s Hospital after taking the taxi from the Rutland area of Liverpool, which is 10 minutes away.

The UK media suspects his intended target may have been the Remembrance Sunday service at Liverpool Cathedral, a 20-minute walk from the hospital.

At least 2,000 military personnel, veterans and relatives of the martyrs, together with civilians, had gathered in the cathedral on Sunday for its annual Remembrance Day Service. The taxi exploded outside the hospital at 10.59 am, just one minute before the annual silence to respect the martyrs.Liverpool Explosion: Blast Is Declared a Terrorist Act - The New York Times

During the enquiry, Jackson said, “This incident is being treated as the ignition of an explosive device.” Questions indicate that the device was brought into the cab by the passenger. Our investigation demonstrates that a specially made explosive device has been manufactured, and our assumption so far is that the passenger built this in the taxi. We believe we know the identity of the passenger,” he also added.

“It is still not clear what the actual target for this incident is. The reason why he took it to the women’s hospital is not known to us yet, which is same as of the reason for its sudden explosion. We are of course aware that there were remembrance events just a short distance away from the hospital and that the mishap occurred shortly before 11 am. It is a chain of investigation we are pursuing,” Jackson concluded as reported by the UK media.

The investigation led officers to two addresses in Liverpool where Swealmeen had possibly stayed. The first was Sutcliffe Street in the Kensington area, where three men aged 21, 26 and 29 were arrested on Sunday. Another man of 20 was detained in the Kensington area. All four has been arrested on the grounds of terrorist acts.

The two addresses where Swealmeen had possibly stayed, ‘The Sutcliffe Street’ and ‘The Rutland Avenue in Sefton Park’, were searched overnight.
Senior investigating officer Detective Chief Inspector Andrew Meeks reassured the UK media that the investigation is still in progress. Both the suspected addresses are under surveillance for any further information regarding any other terrorist attacks.

The senior investigating officer reported to the UK media that Swealmeen lived in Sutcliffe Street and then rented Rutland Avenue. Hence searching both the sites with utmost patience and thoroughness is equally essential.

Meanwhile, the threat to UK security has been confirmed after the explosion. UK Home Secretary Priti Patel has assured the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre (JTAC) after an emergency Cabinet Office Briefing Room A (COBRA) meeting with British Prime Minister Boris Johnson earlier on Monday 16th of November 2021.UK taxi explosion outside hospital declared a terror incident | explosion in UK| liverpool bomb blast| latest news| bomb blast in UK a terrorist act

After the meeting on Monday, Priti Patel informed the reporter, saying this is not the first time the security of the UK has been threatened. This kind of terrifying experience has been witnessed twice a month. Hence Patel has reassured the safety of the civilians and preservation of Global peace in every way possible.

Even though the exact motive of the Liverpool Taxi Explosion was not clear enough, the entire world sincerely hopes for the best and wishes to avoid any further trouble.

Article Proofread and Edited by Shreedatri Banerjee

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker