Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan: PM Narendra Modi
PM Modi launched Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan on Saturday, 20th June of this year through video conferencing. He announces 50,000 crore rupees for the same.
The Video Conference
When PM was addressing the nation he interacted with several people who were satisfied with his work about how well he and his schemes proved be helpful for them. The notable personalities who were present during the program launch were Bihar CM nitish Kumar and union Minister of Rural Development Narendra Singh Tomar.
- Prime Minister began the conference by paying homage to the soldiers who sacrificed their lives in Galwan Valley for the on-going Indi-Chini face-off.
- Then he launched the Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan to generate employment who had to return to their hometowns due the worsening coronavirus pandemic.
- He appreciated the villages for fighting with coronavirus and also added that the villages taught the cities a big lesson.
- The PM then comes up with a supporting tone of how he is hailing the contribution of the citizens to fight with the coronavirus and he will always support whether someone acknowledges the work or not.
- He claims that he will look after the fact that the workers get job near their home followed by the statement that till now cities were developing, now villages will.
- He happily mentioned about how for the first time internet is being used more in the villages and he assured that work on internet speed as well as laying of fibre cables will be undertaken.
- With sorrow he also expressed about how earlier money used to be given but now he ensures that things will change.
About Garib Kalyan Rozgar Abhiyan
The program started from Telihar Village, Bihar’s Khagaria district. And now the aim is to cover 116 districts across 6 states of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Uttar Pradesh and Odisha. The program launched is said to be a ‘focused campaign’ and will run n ‘mission mode’ for 125 days.
Concern about how daily wage workers were left jobless because of the ongoing pandemic situation was raised. And it was noted that 3 million migrant workers have returned to their home town in Bihar since this coronavirus era carved its deep roots in the country.
Sitharaman said that 25 schemes will be brought together in the scheduled 125 days to reach saturation. Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojna, Gram Sadak Yojna, Jal Jeevan Yojna and PM Gram Sadak Yojna will also be included among others.
Under the programme migrant workers will be given laying of fibre optics cable, railway works, urban mission jobs, sanitation works, waste management, poultry, farm ponds and training through Krishi Vigyan Kendras.
The departments participating in the program count a total of 12. They are:
- Rural development
- Panchayati raj
- Drinking water
- New and renewable energy
- Border roads
With all the motive to stand against the questions raised about how ignorant the migrant workers must have felt is now being answered by him through his schemes and programmes to encourage them to cope up with the great loss and sufferings they have dealt in this while. The country stands in support with the ideologies of putting the front foot forward to pull the backwardness of the nation in the front.