Top 10 Best Dermatology Hospitals in Chennai
Hospitals are medical facilities that provide services around-the-clock, seven days a week, and have a structured staff of doctors and other professionals. They offer a range of acute, convalescent, and terminal care with the aid of diagnostic and curative treatments. A hospital is one of the basic pillars of civilization. A country should have a sufficient number of hospitals, each with the equipment and supplies required to offer the care and attention that the administration believes necessary for its populace. Hospitals now have a stronger impact on people’s lives.
Non-profit companies or organisations own hospitals that are privately funded by patient fees for medical services or through privately and publically held health insurance programmes. Hospitals in a country like India, where both public and private organisations are in charge of providing healthcare, are equally obligated to offer the general public high-quality care. Emergency clinics are sponsored by payments made by patients for their clinical benefits or by secretly controlled government health insurance programmes.
In a nation like India, where medical service offices are sponsored by both public and private entities, these clinics are dedicated to offering healthcare to citizens. Hospitals enhance and enrich many other parts of the healthcare system by offering ongoing, comprehensive services for acute and serious diseases. They concentrate their scarce resources on carefully thought-out referral networks to successfully address the demands of people’s health. The majority of people perceive hospitals as essential because they typically see them as pivotal moments in their life. Hospitals have a big role to play in the integration and coordination of care, which is crucial for health systems.
The nursing department is responsible for overseeing patient care. Its objectives are to enhance nursing education and assist patients in receiving medical care. Most hospitals provide nurse-midwife programmes to help nurses and other healthcare workers. Hospitals help other service providers and act as centres for the healthcare system. Its main duty is to coordinate the provision of care. Most hospitals provide training for aspiring physicians and nurses. Additionally, a clinical investigation is also carried out in hospitals.
Hospitals are a typical place for nurses, medical students, and other healthcare professionals to obtain training. They also provide a crucial setting for clinical research. Hospitals are also essential to the expansion of the healthcare system. External factors, faults in the health system, and general issues with the hospital sector are driving the need for a new vision for hospitals. They are essential to attaining this goal with the assistance of other healthcare professionals, home-based care, and community involvement.
The medical practice of dermatology focuses on skin conditions and disorders. In dermatology, any medical disease that could impact the skin, hair, nails, or mucous membranes is studied, researched, diagnosed, and treated. The medical professional with expertise in this field is called a dermatologist.
The largest organ in the body is the skin which serves as a barrier to shield the inside organs from damage and germs. Additionally, it is a reliable indicator of the body’s general health, making the study of dermatology crucial to the detection and treatment of numerous medical disorders. Dermatology deals with the investigation, examination, and diagnosis of both healthy skin and skin problems. Aspects of dermatology include cancers, aesthetic and ageing problems of the skin, fat, hair, nails, and oral membranes.
Divisions Of Dermatology
These are the four main areas of dermatology:
- Medical Dermatology– In this area of dermatology, diseases and disorders of the skin, nails, hair, and oral cavity are identified, treated, and prevented. The treatment of various skin problems, common and rare, is assisted by experts in this branch of dermatology. Wart removal, acne therapy, eczema treatment, psoriasis treatment, melasma treatment, and vitiligo treatment are a few of the conditions that can be treated in medical dermatology.
- Surgical Dermatology– In this discipline, dermatologists use surgical procedures, such as the excision of skin cancer, to treat conditions that affect the skin, nails, and hair. Cryosurgery, conventional excisional surgery, Mohs micrographic surgery, and laser surgery are additional treatments that fall within this specialisation. Skin cancers are the most common skin disorders that are treated surgically in dermatology.
- Cosmetic Dermatology– Under this branch of dermatology, doctors apply several procedures to improve the appearance of the skin, nails, and hair. It is exactly what its name implies: cosmetic. It is considered an optional treatment. This area of dermatology entails procedures such as filler injections to give the appearance of youth, hair transplants, chemical peels, and laser surgery to help fade face scars, varicose veins, and even wrinkles.
- Dermatopathology– Pathology and dermatology are the specialities of dermatologists in this field. To diagnose and treat problems and diseases, they do this by looking at samples of the skin, nails, and hair.
Some Common Dermatological Conditions
A lot of people experience symptoms of one or more dermatological conditions at some point in their lives. These conditions can affect the hair, skin, or nails. Skin issues are the reason for almost one in every six visits to a medical practitioner. The following are some of the most prevalent dermatologic conditions:
- Acne: skin breakouts brought on by sebaceous gland inflammation
- Dermatitis: irritated or allergic skin that is swollen, red, and painful
- Eczema: it is characterised by itchy, rough, irritated skin that might bleed.
- Psoriasis: itchy, red, scaly skin patches are a symptom of psoriasis.
- Fungal infections: a fungus-related infection of the skin or nails
- Warts: a virus-induced tiny, hard growth on the skin
- Cold sore: a herpes simplex virus-induced infected blister close to the lips
- Skin cancer: unchecked cell proliferation
Each of these dermatological disorders has distinctive symptoms and requires a different approach to treatment. The severity of each illness will also vary widely, which will affect how it is treated.
What are Dermatology treatments?
To treat skin disorders, dermatologists may employ a variety of dermatological therapies. These may consist of:
- Topically applied drugs
- systemic medications
- A photodynamic treatment
- Laser treatment
Each of these treatments has a particular purpose in the treatment of specific dermatological disorders. The most popular type of treatment is topical medicines, which can be applied directly to the affected area to provide the desired results. For some diseases different forms of therapy are crucial.
Other dermatology treatments include allergy testing, systemic medicines like antibiotics, immunomodulators, or injectable medications, as well as topical therapies. Cryosurgery, which is used to treat warts, skin malignancies, or other dermatoses, is another option.
Who is a Dermatologist?
A dermatologist is a medical specialist in the discipline of dermatology who works to identify and treat diseases of the skin, hair, and nails. A skilled dermatologist may perform skin surgery to improve the appearance of the skin, treat skin conditions, or prevent or control skin illnesses like skin cancer. They are also in charge of choosing which dermatological disorders will be treated with which sorts of therapies, such as topical medicines, systemic agents, and other therapies.
A dermatologist is a specialist doctor in the subject of dermatology. A dermatologist could perform surgical or medicinal procedures. Many of the procedures dermatologists can perform are cosmetic. Injections of cosmetic fillers, hair transplantation or removal, intralesional therapy, laser therapy, photodynamic therapy, phototherapy, tattoo removal, tumescent liposuction, radiation therapy, and vitiligo surgery are a few of these treatments.
Which procedures are performed by Dermatologists?
A wide range of procedures, from simple ones like removing skin tags to more complex ones like surgery for skin cancer, can be carried out by dermatologists. Among the operations dermatologists frequently perform are:
- Biopsies– Different types of biopsy techniques can be carried out by a dermatologist to identify or rule out the skin cancer and other disorders.
- Laser treatment– Warts, moles, sun spots, tattoos, acne scars, blemishes, wrinkles, and undesired hair can all be removed with laser therapy treatments.
- Surgical removal– To eliminate growths like moles, skin tags, and blemishes, a dermatologist may perform a surgical excision. For your comfort, a local anaesthetic is typically used during this procedure.
- Cryotherapy– A unique medical procedure known as cryotherapy requires carefully regulating exposure to extremely low temperatures. Skin disorders like warts, skin tags, and certain malignancies can be treated with it.
- Sclerotherapy– Spider and varicose veins can be treated using sclerotherapy. It entails injecting substances that help to lessen the appearance of these veins into damaged veins.
- Mohs procedure– The tissue surrounding a tumour is removed during this kind of skin cancer surgery. The doctor checks the skin for evidence of new cancer cells between each removal. They stop removing tissue when there are no longer any cancer cells present.
- Chemical Peels– Skin damage is removed via chemical peels. Peels can improve the appearance of new skin and lessen ageing symptoms.
- Cosmetic Injections– By administering Botox or fillers during a visit to the office, a dermatologist can assist in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and drooping skin.
- Dermabrasion– The look of fine wrinkles, age spots, acne scars, and precancerous skin patches can be diminished by using this approach.
- Tumescent Liposuction– Liposuction is a technique used by dermatologists to remove excess fat from specific body parts.
These are the Best Dermatology Hospitals in Chennai.
1. Apollo Hospital, Greams Road
Location- Greams Road, Chennai, India
Established in- 1983
Total Beds- 560
One of the top providers of healthcare and services in numerous Indian cities is the Apollo Group of Hospitals. With all varieties of top-notch medical treatment accessible in the same building, the hospital has elevated medical care to an international level. The first hospital in this network to be built in India was the Apollo Hospital in Chennai.
With 60 distinct departments serving the needs of the public’s health, the Apollo Hospitals have transformed the idea of medical treatment. These facilities are staffed by doctors with advanced training from around the world. The best healthcare providers in the nation are produced by a seamless combination of highly skilled medical staff and cutting-edge technology.
For years, it has penned one of India’s most stunning success tales. Today, it is one of the most prestigious hospitals in the world and one of the most popular locations for medical tourism and value travel, as well as for patients from other parts of India.
Through cutting-edge innovation in medical techniques and technical developments, the hospital has made a reputation for itself in the healthcare industry. It has more than 60 departments, each headed by a team of highly qualified medical professionals with extensive international training and experience. They provide advanced facilities for treating a variety of illnesses and problems.
Apollo Hospitals combine cutting-edge technology with centuries-old caring traditions to deliver remarkable clinical success rates. When a patient enters the hospital, its staff’s top priority is to make sure that their health and comfort receive special consideration and that they receive the best care possible.
- The hospital was started in 1983.
- It is one of India’s top hospitals for heart care.
- The very first hospital in Chennai, India to offer radiosurgery, stereotactic radiotherapy, and coronary angioplasty for brain tumours.
- Heart, cancer, bones, joints, and the spine, organ transplants, neurology, gastroenterology and colorectal surgery are performed here. Bariatric surgery, gynaecology, infertility and ophthalmology are among the major specialisations.
- It is the first hospital in India to be accredited with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 standards.
- The Joint Commission International USA granted accreditation to the first hospital in South India, and it was later renewed four times.
- The hospital was declared by the Indian government a Centre of Excellence.
- It has been chosen multiple times by The Week magazine as the Best Private Sector Hospital in India.
- It won the top two spots in Times Health’s 2016 All India Multispecialty Hospital Survey.
- JCI and NABH Accreditation
- Medical professionals with international certification lead 60 divisions at the hospital.
- An “Only Pancreas” transplant was performed for the first time in India at Apollo Hospital.
- The hospital has also completed the first en bloc simultaneous heart and liver transplant in Asia, a momentous accomplishment in the world of medicine.
- Every day, the hospital receives over 2200 admissions, over 3000 emergency cases, and over 10,000 pharmacy walk-ins.
- The hospital’s doctors and staff provide more than 800 CT scans, 400 MRIs, 40 cardiac surgeries, 700 dialysis procedures, and three to four organ transplants every day.
- The hospital contains 46 ICU beds, 15 operating rooms, and 560 total beds.
- The hospital has one of the rare facilities that offer computer-aided total knee replacement in Chennai.
- It accommodates the newest medical innovations, like robotics and CyberKnife therapies, which aid in patients’ quick rehab.
- The hospital has a Krishnamariamman temple, a Namaz room, and a Prayer Cell.
- At the security office, there are safe deposit boxes available. Security may be contacted right away in the event of a theft or loss.
- Modernized medical technology and surgical instruments are available in sophisticated and well-equipped operating rooms.
- The patients are also given access to first-rate diagnostic tools and luxurious recovery rooms.
2. Fortis Malar Hospital
Location- Gandhi Nagar, Chennai, India
Established in- 1992
Total Beds- 500
Malar Hospital, which opened its doors in 1992 has grown to be well-known for providing tertiary care hospital services in Chennai. The vision of the late Dr Parvinder Singh to establish an integrated healthcare delivery system in India drove Fortis Healthcare, India’s fastest-growing hospital network, to acquire shares of Malar Hospital Limited in late 2007. Hence, opening the door to outstanding healthcare services.
It is the fastest-growing healthcare organisation in the nation. Since the first hospital in Mohali (Chandigarh) opened its doors in 2001, it has expanded to include more than 45 healthcare institutions. These include the Wockhardt facilities and the renowned Escorts Heart Institute. Fortis has covered all of India, from North to South to East to West. Fortis facilities can be found in Amritsar, a frontier city, Ludhiana, Mohali, the National Capital Region, Mumbai, Bangalore, Mysore, Chennai, Kolkata, and many more locations. The healthcare delivery system in India places a lot of pride on Fortis.
One of the prestigious multi-super-speciality corporate hospitals in Chennai, Fortis Malar Hospital, formerly known as Malar Hospital, offers comprehensive medical care in the specialisations of cardiology, cardio-thoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, nephrology, gynaecology, gastroenterology, urology, paediatrics, diabetes, and so on. Fortis Malar is today without a doubt one of the most popular healthcare destinations in Chennai, serving the healthcare needs of people from all over the world, thanks to its unmatched medical expertise and state-of-the-art infrastructure.
In addition to a large pool of talented and experienced medical professionals, Fortis Malar Hospital also has cutting-edge technology and a team of highly qualified, experienced, and dedicated support staff. Currently, about 650 staff members and 160 consultants collaborate to manage over 11000 inpatients. The hospital’s current infrastructure includes approximately 180 beds, including about 60 in the intensive care unit, four operating rooms, a state-of-the-art digital flat panel cath lab, an advanced dialysis unit, and several other top-notch amenities.
Conveniently situated in South Chennai, Fortis Malar provides excellent accessibility to both domestic and foreign patients. It is roughly 12 kilometres from the Central Railway Station and Egmore Railway Station and 13 kilometres from the domestic and international airport.
- It is the leading comprehensive healthcare delivery service provider in India.
- This institution’s healthcare verticals are mostly comprised of hospitals, diagnostic centres, and speciality daycare facilities.
- The Fortis Malar Hospital in Chennai provides comprehensive medical care in 40 different specialities, including, but not limited to, cardiology, cardiothoracic surgery, neurology, neurosurgery, nephrology, gynaecology, urology, paediatrics, and diabetes.
- Modern medical technology and dedicated patient care are this hospital’s areas of expertise.
- To handle more than 11,000 in-patients, the institute has 650 staff members and more than 160 consultants.
- A wide variety of doctors work at Fortis Malar Hospital, supported by a team of highly skilled, experienced, and dedicated support staff and cutting-edge technology.
- The hospital’s infrastructure includes a wide range of top-notch facilities in addition to 180 beds. It also includes roughly 60 ICU beds, 4 operating rooms, a cutting-edge digital flat screen Cath lab, and a state-of-the-art dialysis unit.
3. Desire Aesthetics Clinic
Location- Anna Nagar, Chennai, India
Established in- 2015
In Chennai, Desire Aesthetics offers a full selection of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery services. Over a thousand operations are carried out annually by its team of surgeons. In Chennai, it is known as the top hospital for cosmetic and plastic surgery. It is also dedicated to providing economical cosmetic and plastic surgery without sacrificing patient privacy and safety. As they strive to give their clients the best experience possible, Desire Aesthetics in Anna Nagar, Chennai, is a reputable name in the healthcare business. The patient has always been at the centre of its business operations and philosophy since it began its journey in 2015.
Dr A. Sivakumar, top consultant plastic and reconstructive surgeon with more than 15 years of expertise in Chennai, is the most experienced doctor in this hospital. He is one of the most well-known cosmetic surgeons in the nation, specialising in liposuction, abdominoplasty, breast augmentation and reduction, rhinoplasty (nose jobs), repair following injuries, and cancer resections.
The hospital staff believes that cosmetic surgery is not a choice to be made lightly. Therefore, its team of nurses, doctors, and patient advisors address your expectations with respect and understanding while presenting you with the best possibilities. At Desire Aesthetics Clinic, you will get the opportunity to ask any questions you like and view several before and after pictures of the surgeon’s work.
Additionally featured in Hospitals, Multispecialty Hospitals, Gynecologists & Obstetricians, Cosmetic Surgeons, Cosmetologists, etc. One of the most reliable names in the industry is Desire Aesthetics in Anna Nagar. Customers have given it a 4.5-star rating. It offers a variety of services at affordable costs, such as Chemical Peels, Cosmetic Treatments, Mole Removal, Scar Treatment, Skin Tag Surgical Removal, and Skin Tag Treatment. They accept a variety of payment methods, including cash, credit cards, debit cards, checks, master cards, and visa cards, making transactions easy for customers.
- Desire Aesthetics Clinic in Chennai provides a variety of reconstructive and cosmetic surgical services.
- The clinic is dedicated to providing accessible cosmetic and plastic surgery procedures and is outfitted with the most up-to-date, tested technologies.
- Reputable cosmetic and reconstructive surgeon Dr A. Sivakumar serves as the clinic’s director.
- A team of cosmetic and plastic doctors at the clinic have been offering medicinal and surgical cosmetic procedures for 50 years.
- The Desire Aesthetics Clinic’s team of specialists aids in the restoration of functions to enhance a person’s attractiveness.
- Each year, more than 2000 procedures are carried out by professionals, who are all highly qualified and board certified.
- The procedures offered include liposuction and body contouring, obesity treatment, male breast sculpting, breast reduction and augmentation, rhinoplasty, fat injection, revision of facial scars, hair transplantation, reconstruction following cancer surgery, reconstruction following trauma, reconstruction following diabetic foot reconstruction, chemical peels, fillers, laser hair reduction, and photo rejuvenation.
4. Global Hospital
Location- Cheran Nagar, Chennai, India
Established in- 1999
Total Beds- 1000
The main facility of Gleneagles Global Hospitals, India, is the huge 21-acre Gleneagles Global Health City in Perumbakkam, Chennai. The facility is Asia’s most reputable and top-ranking Multi-Organ Transplant Center and has received accreditation from prestigious organisations. Numerous ground-breaking liver, neurological, heart, lung, and kidney surgeries have been performed at the facility. There are several USPs of this clinic, including its world-class facilities, its dedicated team, and its commitment to medical excellence.
One of the biggest healthcare organisations in the world, IHH Healthcare, owns Gleneagles Global Health City. IHH strives to be the most dependable healthcare services network in the world by utilising its full range of integrated services, committed personnel, reach and scale, and commitment to quality and safety. IHH Healthcare is a top-tier integrated healthcare leader with a network of 84 hospitals and 200 licenced beds, including Global Hospitals. Aside from China and Hong Kong, IHH has a major presence in Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey, and India, which are also fast-growing regions.
One of India’s most well-known multi-organ transplant centres in India is Gleneagles Global Health City in Perumbakkam, Chennai. It is also among the best tertiary care multispecialty hospitals in the city, and its legacy includes ground-breaking liver, neuro, heart, lung, and kidney surgeries. The hospital with accreditation from NABH, NABL, and NABB has 200 beds. A state-of-the-art CathLab, 13 operating rooms, and advanced imaging technologies (Trubeam STX, Slice PET CT, and Tesla MRI) provide state-of-the-art emergency and critical care management following clinical procedures that have been accepted internationally.
Its clinical performance over ten years resulted in its partnerships with all major cashless health insurance providers, and the hospital is now the top choice for the city’s main corporations. Thousands of patients from India, the Middle East, Africa, and SAARC countries go internationally to the facility for medical treatment. Patients at the hospital can also access VideoConsult services from India and other countries.
- Global Hospitals was established in 1999 and is acknowledged by NABH, NABL, and HALAL.
- It is affiliated with Parkway Pantai Ltd, one of the major integrated private healthcare organisations in the region.
- Over 22 hospitals in Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei, India, China, and Vietnam comprise Parkway Pantai’s network of more than 4,000 beds across Asia.
- India’s fourth-largest hospital chain is Global Hospitals.
- It has experience in a variety of fields, including hepatic, neuro, gastro, cardiac, orthopaedic, and urology. Multi-Organ Transplants include the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs.
- It is renowned for having India’s best lung transplant treatment.
- Every year, the team of doctors at the Global hospital treat 50,000 in-patients, and 30,000 outpatients, and perform 18,000 procedures.
- It is the first hospital in South India to complete five organ transplant surgeries in a single day.
- It is the first hospital to do Split Liver Transplants in the state of Tamil Nadu, India.
- First medical facility to offer a two-wheeled ambulance service (GART- Global Accident Rescue Team).
- It was the first hospital in South Asia to replace the spine’s nucleus.
- It performed the first minimally invasive and single lung transplants in India.
- Global Health City has successfully inserted an implantable artificial lung for the first time in India.
- The only Indian hospital to collaborate in liver transplants with King’s College Hospital in London, United Kingdom.
- It is the first hospital to receive government of India recognition for its research and development.
- Its management team, competent and qualified nurses, and paramedical workers support the team of highly qualified doctors.
- It has conducted approximately 500 liver transplants, 8 heart transplants, 20 lung transplants, 1 combination heart and lung transplant, and advanced care for difficult hepatology cases.
- The best urologists are outfitted with state-of-the-art prostate cancer and kidney stone therapy technology.
- Almost 1000 beds are available at this multi-super speciality quaternary care hospital.
- The 21-acre facility offers the best medical services at reasonable prices.
- It is equipped with advanced medical technology and equipment.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation, endotracheal intubation, establishing central venous access and treating polytrauma and serious head traumas are all available in the emergency room.
- Modern Endoscopic Ultrasonography (EUS) is available in the gastroenterology department for the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal illnesses, cancers/tumours, and other conditions affecting the pancreas, bile duct, gall bladder, and oesophagus, stomach, duodenum, colon, and rectum.
- It has one of India’s most cutting-edge medical technologies for treating brain tumours.
- The EEG, EMG, NCS, and evoked potential systems including VEP and SSEP are available in the Neurophysiology Lab.
- It utilizes the latest advanced neurosurgical techniques, such as awake brain surgery, computer-assisted brain surgery, stereotactic radiosurgery, and deep brain stimulation (for neurological disorders).
- It provides a full range of transplant programmes for organs such as the kidney, liver, heart, and lungs.
- It has modern technology and India’s top multi-organ transplant facility.
- It provides guidance and treats patients via the “Telemedicine Connect Program”.
- A fleet of ambulances that are ergonomically designed for the patient’s safety is completely outfitted with life-saving equipment and medications.
5. MIOT International
Location- Manapakkam, Chennai, India
Established in- 1999
Total Beds- 1000
The Madras Institute of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (M.I.O.T.) was founded on February 12, 1999, by Padmashri Prof. Dr P. V. A. Mohandas as a 70-bed hospital with full-time physicians specialising in orthopaedics and trauma care. It soon became apparent that several of the trauma patients, who were frequently transported there in a severe state, had pre-existing heart, kidney, and other organ issues.
These pre-existing conditions had to be handled in addition to providing trauma care to stabilise and provide these patients with comprehensive end-to-end care. Such conditions required the knowledge of specialists for the right treatment. It was crucial to have full-time specialists due to the nature of trauma care to provide the proper treatment on schedule. Thus, MIOT International Hospital was created as a result.
Patients who trust MIOT International as one of India’s top hospitals receive the greatest medical care from this quaternary care multispecialty hospital. With a 1000-bed facility and 250 full-time doctors providing exceptional care in 63 Specialties, MIOT is delighted to have a staff of top-tier experts who use its cutting-edge infrastructure and technology to heal and give hope to its patients. Being recognised as a leader in healthcare, MIOT International draws patients from 130 different nations who seek its advice on achieving wellbeing.
Under one roof, MIOT International provides complete care, from diagnosis to treatment to rehabilitation, including emergency and critical care. Committed to its mission of “Putting Patients First,” MIOT provides the highest standards in patient safety and service quality through the use of evidence-based medicine with skilled and compassionate supervision, on par with international standards, and using the most recent developments in medical science. It is now able to provide collaborative, multi-speciality treatment thanks to the inclusion of more specialities to address important health issues, as well as investments in the greatest staff and the most up-to-date medical equipment.
Many medical advancements and breakthroughs have been led by MIOT International including India’s first hip replacement operation and the first transfusion of a kidney between blood groups. It is also a leading centre for orthopaedic research and stem cell research, the first hospital in India to have a 750 HD CT scan with dual-energy imaging, the first haploidentical bone marrow transplant and a state-of-the-art 6600 sq. ft. facility. Its Laboratory came in ninth place worldwide.
- A multi-speciality hospital having NABL and NABH accreditation, MIOT (Madras Institute of Orthopedics and Traumatology) International was founded in 1999.
- It is the first hospital in India to have a dual-energy imaging 750 HD CT scan.
- Originally an orthopaedics facility, it is now a multispecialty facility that also offers services in neurosurgery, cardiology, thoracic and cardiovascular care, nephrology, oncology, and knee and hip replacements, plastic surgery, paediatrics, obstetrics, craniofacial and cosmetic surgery, and other fields.
- The hospital, which spans 14 acres, has won numerous awards, such as the Niryat Shree Gold Award in 2002 and 2009. It has also won the FIEO Niryat Shree Bronze Trophy in 2008, and the FIEO Southern Region Export Excellence Award in 2012, 2013, 2014,2015, and 2016.
- The hospital was recognised by Times of India’s readers as Chennai’s Best Multispecialty Hospital. It was also named the Best Hospital for Orthopedics, Best Hospital for Gastro & Gastrosurgery, and Best Hospital for Nephrology.
- In 2013, the first T- Replete Haplo Identical Bone Marrow Transplant in India was performed by the MIOT Institute of Hematology, Hemato-Oncology, and BMT.
- The hospital has 63 different disciplines, it has 300 full-time physicians and globally educated surgeons.
- Each year, the hospital saw almost 3,500 foreign patients or 25% of its total patient population.
- 63 disciplines are represented in this 1000-bed hospital that provides quaternary care.
- The innovative network of MIOT International provides patients with every convenience.
- Outpatients, emergencies, attendants, and inpatients all have entrances.
- It features 21 cutting-edge operating rooms with the modern equipment needed to carry out even the most difficult treatments.
- Four buildings make up the campus, which also houses a 6600-square-foot lab that is ranked ninth internationally. It also has 21 operating rooms, two digital cardiac cath labs, two restaurants, three pharmacies, a health club, a salon, a full-service blood bank, and sophisticated imaging and diagnostic equipment.
6. MGM Healthcare
Location- Aminjikarai, Chennai, India
Established in- 1970
Total Beds- 400
MGM Healthcare is dedicated to enhancing lives via first-rate medical care. It is 400-bed, quaternary care, multi-speciality hospital in Chennai, India that is state-of-the-art, JCI, NABH, and LEED Platinum Certified. With world-class expertise supported by advanced medical and digital technology, MGM Healthcare hopes to provide exceptional clinical outcomes and patient experiences. Its goal is to develop a full healthcare ecosystem for the provision of individualised medical treatment.
MGM Healthcare strives to provide patients with exceptional patient experiences by combining world-class expertise with advanced medical and digital technologies. It works as a team that is dedicated to providing excellent treatment and is motivated by altruism. It is the highest-ranking USGBC LEED Platinum-certified Green Hospital in South Asia and is a solar-powered, green hospital that looks out for the future. Currently, MGM Healthcare operates a 400-bed multi-speciality quaternary care hospital in the centre of Chennai. In addition to more than 100 critical care beds, more than 250 clinicians, and 12 Centers of Excellence, the institution features 50 outpatient consultation rooms.
A new oncology hospital with 200 beds is currently being built by MGM Healthcare in Chennai. The new facility, which will be a dedicated cancer care centre offering medical, surgical, radiation oncology, diagnostic oncology, as well as lab services, is expected to cost approximately Rs. 120 crores. In the upcoming three to four months, it is anticipated to launch. The multi-speciality hospital has ambitious plans to increase the number of its beds, establish a foothold in adjacent states, and enter cancer and preventive healthcare markets.
Taking advantage of the rising need for preventive healthcare since the start of the Covid-19 outbreak, MGM Healthcare will also enter the preventive healthcare market. To bring preventative health closer to the local population, the healthcare player will establish several small-format daycare hospitals. By 2024–2025, MGM Healthcare expects to have roughly 100 of these daycare facilities.
- This 400-bed super speciality hospital is located in Chennai.
- The hospital has obtained numerous achievements.
- It performed 102 heart transplants in a year (3rd highest in the world)
- It performed 110 transplants of paediatric hearts (The highest in Asia)
- It performed over 365 heart-lung transplant procedures, the most transplants performed in India.
- In India, it has the most LVAD, RVAD, and BIVAD implantations.
- Over 25000 heart procedures have been carried out by the skilled staff at this hospital.
- It was declared the first green hospital with USGBC LEED Platinum certification in India.
- Full-time emergency care is available in the hospital.
- The hospital contains more than 30 departments and 250 physicians.
- It features a staff of experts who can manage any challenging case while offering all-encompassing therapy and care.
- The hospital offers 55 outpatient consultation rooms, all supported by a strong infrastructure and cutting-edge technology.
- It contains 12 operating rooms spread across 2.5 acres.
- Voice-assisted technologies are available for in-room care.
7. SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani
Location- Vadapalani, Chennai, India
Established in- 2012
Total Beds- 345
The SIMS Hospital in Vadapalani, Chennai offers advanced multi-organ transplant surgery as well as 360-degree sophisticated tertiary healthcare services. Each stage is intended to ensure excellence in patient care by utilising the best combination of experience, skill, cutting-edge technology, and well-coordinated patient-centric teamwork.
The hospital aspires to build trust and excellence to follow in the footsteps of the SRM Group, a large conglomerate with a dominant presence in education, medicine, transportation, and entertainment. The mission of the SIMS Hospital in Chennai’s Vadapalani neighbourhood is to provide cutting-edge primary and speciality medical care services as well as provide cross-speciality consulting for an unrivalled patient experience.
The SIMS Hospital in Vadapalani, Chennai, has developed a reputation for drawing the best clinical talent from all over the world thanks to its institute-based strategy. The majority of SIMS’ professionals, including its doctors and surgeons, are graduates of academic institutions with a strong worldwide reputation and have worked in some of the best medical facilities in the world.
The International Patient Services at SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani in Chennai make it a priority to touch every patient’s heart with care from the minute they make contact to the moment they are released after receiving treatment and recovery. Customized menus to suit every taste, interpreters for different languages, devoted relationship managers, concierge services, specialists who go above and beyond to reassure patients and family members of care and treatment, lodging options for every budget, and other similar initiatives have all made it possible to deliver world-class treatment at this hospital.
It also has a GPS-enabled ambulance with advanced emergency care and a central dispatch hub. The emergency dispatch staff closely watches the ambulance after it is dispatched until it arrives at the place of pickup and then the hospital. SIMS Hospital, Vadapalani, Chennai aims to continue to improve people’s lives as a healthcare provider and extend its leadership qualities far beyond financial measures. Every action is intended to guarantee exceptional patient care by combining the best experience, competence, advanced technology, and well-coordinated patient-centric collaboration.
- The SIMS Hospital in Chennai offers complete tertiary healthcare services, including multi-super specialities and a cutting-edge facility for multiple organ transplants.
- With its advanced technologies, the hospital brings together renowned experts from all fields of medicine.
- With the help of nurses, paramedics, and other members of its health service staff, the SIMS Hospital in Chennai provides holistic care with the help of advanced technology and resources.
- The SIMS healthcare hospitals are built and furnished to satisfy the needs of both domestic and foreign patients.
- Over 2,30,000 square feet, the hospital is crammed with restorative options for the sick and wellness choices for those looking to stay well.
- The hospital has 345 beds, of which the ICU beds make up 30% of the total.
- It provides specialised and top-notch ICUs, dedicated operating rooms, and specialists for critical care centres, medical ICUs, neuro ICUs, paediatric ICUs, NEO Natal ICUs, cardiothoracic ICUs, and burns ICUs.
- Specially qualified paramedics and technicians staff these intensive care units.
8. Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre
Location- Chromepet, Chennai, India
Established in- 2018
Total Beds- 450
Dr Rela Institute & Medical Centre is a global healthcare facility and a quaternary care hospital. It has access to technologically advanced medical equipment and skilled, compassionate healthcare providers. It is committed to fostering patient needs and meeting them with kindness and care. Over 450 beds total, including 130 critical care beds, 14 operating rooms, cutting-edge reference labs, and radiology services, are available at the hospital. The hospital is in Chromepet, Chennai, India, and is spread out across 36 acres of land.
Dr Rela Hospital is built to offer highly specialised care in all specialities with an emphasis on the treatment of patients undergoing multiple organ transplants and those who are critically ill. This facility, which was founded under the skilled direction of Prof. Mohamed Rela, a surgeon of international reputation in the field of liver surgery and transplantation, is home to one of the largest critical care units for the treatment of the liver. The hospital is dedicated to offering daily “primary and secondary care” to the local community at par with worldwide standards, possibly even a notch better in addition to the quality of the quaternary care in all disciplines.
The international medical facility Dr Rela Institute & Medical Centre is a quaternary care hospital committed to promoting and meeting the requirements of a wide range of patients. Many foreign patients travelling to India for medical treatment choose the institute because of its advanced technologies, vast research resources, and best-in-the-world treatment alternatives. Advanced medical tools and cutting-edge treatments are available at the Dr Rela Institute & Medical Center to help patients recover and maintain their health.
One of the best liver hospitals in Chennai is the Institute of Liver Disease & Transplantation (ILDT), which is regarded as one of the most comprehensive, multidisciplinary disease-management centres that provide specialist treatment for disorders of the liver and pancreas. The Institute of Liver Disease & Transplantation (ILDT) is equipped with cutting-edge equipment and research resources to carry out the finest available treatments. It is one of the largest and most multifaceted centres for disease management at this hospital. It is an economical option for patients from abroad and within the country because of its exceptional caring service.
Quaternary care hospital Rela Hospital, an International Medical facility, is committed to promoting and meeting the requirements of a varied patient community. The hospital offers the best medical care available in India, as well as access to state-of-the-art equipment and skilled, compassionate staff. The hospital is dedicated to providing cutting-edge infrastructure and a substantial global health care system.
Services for Outpatients and Inpatients in Radiology and Imaging Sciences, Advanced Endoscopy, and Integrated Liver Ambulance are all available. Located at a huge 36 acres of land in Chromepet, Chennai, India, this multispecialty hospital is dedicated to becoming a globally significant healthcare system with the most modern infrastructure facilities.
- Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre, a quaternary care hospital established by renowned liver transplant surgeon Dr Mohamed Rela, is dedicated to meeting the needs of a wide range of patients.
- By performing a liver transplant on a 5-day-old newborn, the hospital’s founder, Dr Rela, set a world record and gained recognition in the Guinness Book of Records.
- The facility has 450 beds, including 130 critical care beds, 14 operating rooms, imaging facilities, and modern reference labs, all within close access to the airport, rail, and road.
- Dr Mohamed Rela is the Chairman and Director of the Dr Rela Institute and Medical Center and has completed more than 4000 liver transplant surgeries.
- The hospital has a well-experienced staff and nurses that are available to patients around the clock.
- The hospital is situated on 36 acres of land and features an advanced infrastructure.
- One of the biggest intensive care units for the liver is located in this hospital.
9. Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre
Location- Porur, Chennai, India
Established in- 1985
Total Beds- 1500
The multi-speciality hospital Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre (SRMC) provides quaternary care. The Medical Center was established in 1985 as a teaching hospital of Sri Ramachandra Medical College and Research Institute to provide the community with accessible and affordable health care that drew on experience and expertise from medical education. In 1985, the late NPV Ramaswamy Udayar started it. Today, SRMC is a pioneer in the provision of healthcare in South India, offering patients who enter its doors daily cutting-edge, state-of-the-art care.
In India, it is the first and only hospital with JCI, NABH, NABL, and AABB accreditations that are also linked with a medical institution. This demonstrates its ongoing commitment to delivering high-quality healthcare. Over 35,000 inpatients and 2,50,000 outpatients receive medical care annually at the hospital’s 800 beds and 200 intensive care units. All medical and surgical specialities and subspecialties are represented by the greatest medical professionals in Sri Ramachandra.
A multispecialty quaternary care hospital in Chennai, Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre was first established as a teaching facility before becoming a fully operational leading healthcare provider. The hospital is the first to have a medical university affiliation. The centre is dedicated to striving for excellence in meeting community needs through improved patient experiences and clinical outcomes. The hospital has a biodosimetry lab with Atomic Energy Regulatory Board accreditation.
It was established by the late NPV Ramaswamy Udayar to convert the knowledge and skills gained through medical education into accessible and practical treatment. The hospital occupies 175 acres and is situated in the heart of Chennai. The hospital site is surrounded by beautiful flora all year long, which is a visual pleasure and has a relaxing impact on the patients. The hospital employs top surgeons, doctors, and healthcare professionals in a variety of medical and surgical specialities.
The hospital’s medical professionals uphold the highest standards of patient care quality and moral principles. To live up to the expectations of patients who come to the hospital, they continuously pursue excellence. Regardless of their financial situation, all patients receive the best care and successful therapy. Without regard for social prejudice or discrimination, doctors give medical care.
Porur in Chennai is where the Sri Ramachandra Medical Center is located. For people from other countries, it provides top-notch medical care. A medical staff formed specifically to meet the needs of the international patients takes care of everything, from airport to registration to admission and from treatment to discharge to departure at the airport. International patients can also take advantage of simple payment options.
Arthroscopy and sports medicine, cardiovascular, dermatology, general medicine, neonatology, neuroradiology, neurology, oncology, obstetrics, and gynaecology are only a few of the hospital’s many medical specialities. Radiology and imaging services, vascular surgery, surgical oncology, spine surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, and neurosurgery are the major treatments carried out here.
Patients can choose from a range of accommodations at Sri Ramachandra Medical Center in addition to surgery and therapy options. At the hospital, there are 800 beds and 200 intensive care units. Patients can choose from a variety of room types, including super deluxe, deluxe rooms, birthing suites, single rooms, and semi-private rooms. The hospital offers 24-hour pharmaceutical services, centralised laboratories, blood and eye banks, emergency and trauma care, and other services.
- Sri Ramachandra Medical Centre (SRMC), is a tertiary care multi-speciality University Hospital, founded in 1985.
- It is one of the biggest private healthcare facilities in South Asia, covering 175 acres.
- The hospital, which is a pioneer in providing state-of-the-art care to patients in South India, is recognised by NAAC, NABH, NABL, and ISO 9001:2000.
- Every year, the hospital sees around 35,000 in-patients and 2,50,000 outpatients.
- The hospital excels in more than 50 specialities and super specialities.
- In all surgical and medical specialities, the hospital boasts top doctors, surgeons, and healthcare professionals.
- Staffed by qualified emergency physicians and other specialists, the 24-hour emergency care structure is equipped to treat patients who require critical care.
- The hospital’s top doctor, Dr Ravikumar, is a distinguished member of the National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- The SRMC hospital has more than 1500 beds, 114 ICU beds, and 25 operating rooms. It is an eight-story establishment with a built-up area of more than 2 million square feet.
- The hospital offers a variety of different rooms, such as the Super Deluxe Suite (VIP), Single Room, Deluxe Room, and Semi-Private Room.
- The hospital’s 6000 sq. ft.-sized laboratory, which is completely air-conditioned, handles about 10,000 diagnostic tests every day.
- NABL has accredited 200 tests at the lab.
- The pharmacy operates 24 hours a day while adhering to international and domestic regulations.
- There is a guesthouse on the SRMC campus that offers comfortable rooms for the family members of patients.
- The hospital also offers gift shops, prayer rooms, internet access, food courts, blood banks, and other amenities.
10. Apollo Spectra Hospital
Location- Chennai, India
Established in- 1970
Total Beds- 47
With Apollo Spectra, you’ll receive expert healthcare with all the conveniences of a large hospital in a cosier, more welcoming setting. Apollo Spectra Hospitals continue to set new benchmarks in healthcare services with 17 centres spread across 12 cities: Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurugram, Gwalior, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kanpur, Mumbai, Delhi, Noida, Patna, and Pune. Apollo Spectra has also performed over 2,50,000 successful surgeries with exceptional clinical results.
A novel, top-tier ambulatory option for greater patient convenience, Apollo Day Surgery was created in 2011 as a result of Apollo’s experience with minimally invasive procedures. The facility was providing top-notch care in a variety of surgical specialities, including Ophthalmology, ENT, General & Laparoscopic Surgery, Orthopaedic & Spine, Urology, and Varicose Veins, to mention a few, with a focus on procedures that take 60 minutes or less. In 2016, Apollo Day Surgery became Apollo Spectra Hospitals, broadening the range of surgeries and extending the competence beyond daycare.
The hospital, which is 23000 square feet in size, has 4 ultra-modern modular operation rooms, including one specifically for LASIK surgery, an endoscopy suite, a recovery bay with 11 beds, a state-of-the-art rehabilitation unit, and an on-site pharmacy, and a waiting area for in-patients’ families.
A commitment to setting new standards for healthcare services is shared by its team of more than 150 healthcare professionals, including more than 70 specialist consultants. The best medical professionals, cutting-edge technology, and advanced infrastructure combine to give individualised care that promotes faster healing with almost no risk of infection. With its simple admission and discharge processes, patients are guaranteed a stress-free experience.
This innovative speciality hospital, which has a total of 47 beds, including 7 ICU beds, is dedicated to fusing the best medical care available with the best healthcare management techniques. The hospital provides excellent care in more than 12 surgical specialities, including, to name a few, urology, orthopaedic and spine surgery, ENT, bariatric surgery, general and laparoscopic surgery, and others.
The hospital has four advanced modular OTS, a cutting-edge rehabilitation unit, an on-site pharmacy, and a waiting lounge for patients’ families, to name a few facilities. Over 150 healthcare experts, including 90 speciality consultants, are dedicated to setting a new benchmark for healthcare services with the single-minded goal of providing streamlined, high-quality treatment at Apollo Spectra Chennai.
- Apollo Spectra Hospital offers the advantage of skilled and high-quality healthcare in a more convenient setting because of its world-class facilities and advanced technologies.
- It provides exceptional care in more than 12 surgical specialities, including urology, ENT, general and laparoscopic surgery, orthopaedic and spine surgery, and bariatric surgery.
- The hospital is committed to combining the best healthcare management strategies available with top-notch medical care.
- To deliver the best healthcare services, there are more than 150 experts, including 90 specialist consultants.
- The hospital, which covers a floor space of more than 44000 square feet, includes four ultra-modern OTs, an on-site pharmacy, a rehabilitation centre, and a waiting area for patients.
Many hospitals in the city provide top-notch healthcare while utilising the most latest technical developments. In today’s world, technology can be used to control almost all diseases. All healthcare facilities are competing for the newest technology to better serve their patients as the standard of care is rising.
edited and proofread by nikita sharma