“Your dream job does not exist. You must create it.”
Having a sound education is only part of the journey of life. It is just a stepping stone to having a good career. Getting good jobs in the chosen profession is not that easy these days even if you have the necessary skill set. There is always a gap between the companies looking for skilful employees and candidates seeking good jobs in good companies.
This is where Liftup Consultancy comes to play. This recruitment consultancy serves as the intermediary between good companies and the tens of thousands of engineering graduates who are seeking good jobs. Ms. Nancy Hatgaonkar, the founder and director of Liftup Consultancy has been working round the clock to bridge this gap. Her tireless work has brought forth good results. She has been able to place several thousands of candidates in good companies, based on their profiles.
She has her own system to verify the authenticity of the candidates that approach her. She also accepts to fulfil the recruitment needs of a company only after ensuring that it is a good company. She has her own way of verifying this by interviewing the ex-employees of the companies and only then she agrees to accept a company as her client.
The secret of her success has been her hard work and total belief in herself. Even when many tried to discourage and de-motivate her, she did not give up her dream of running this business. Getting apt candidates in good companies and getting them started on a rewarding career gives her utmost satisfaction. She has plans even to venture into recruitment at the international level. With her dedication and determination to drive her, that day is not far off.
Here is the success story of Ms. Nancy Hatgaonkar and Liftup Consultancy is here to motivate you and get you started on your right career path!
1. What is the Name of Your Venture?
2. Who is your target Audience?
Engineering Companies – Elevator, MEP and major engineering sectors
3. Where is your venture based ( city, state, country) at & What are your target areas?
Our venture is based at Mumbai. Currently we are looking out for Pan India exposure.
4. What problems does your venture solve? What are your products or services?
We are into Recruitment for the Engineering companies. We try to place the candidates in the same Industry he is working with.
We provide services to find the best engineering (Technical) candidates as per company requirement.
We work as specialized technical services for recruitment.
5. Share the idea or story behind the venture. How did it come into existence?
I always had 1 dream in my life – to do Business.
Once I read an article on “Hundreds” of Engineers being jobless, and after a few days, I read another totally opposite article in the newspaper that 1000+ engineering jobs were available in the Market. After reading and researching further, I got to know that the candidates are unable to get the jobs in the same industry and the Vice a versa. (I don’t know the reason why that was so)
That was when I thought of trying and taking an Initiative for streaming the same by way of doing the recruitment for the particular Industry. With this, I got an idea of doing my own Business too.
6. How did you identify your co-founder? Tell us something about your co-founder/s?
I didn’t have to find anyone. I don’t have a co-founder.
7. How did you hire your first team members?
I hired my First Team Member due to emotional reasons as that person was jobless, and after that person joined, I got to know why she was jobless. But that was my First lesson where I learnt and said to myself “Nancy, you cannot be emotional if you want to grow your company” –haha…
8. What expansion plans are you looking at for the next 2 years, next 5 years?
This is my Favourite Question throughout my Business. I always have wonderful plans and excited to grow my Business, but let me explain it in short.
Currently I am into recruitment of Engineering Candidates, and going very specific with the industries, yes in the coming 2 years, I have a plan for setting up 2 more Sectors i.e. Campus Recruitment and 3rd Party Payroll system. And then the moment, the 3 sectors are set, I have a plan for venturing into International Recruitment too…
9. Where do you want to see yourself in the next 10 years?
Frankly, I have not thought about this because If I do good today, definitely I will be better tomorrow… So no Targets as such……
10. Have you raised any funding? Or do you have any plans for the funding?
I worked on Earn more and invest more. Earn more with minimum investment and then I can invest more….
11. What were the problems you faced during the starting days and how did you resolve them?
Probably “PROBLEMS” is a very small word for what we starters Face…. Only way to resolve them is to Never Lose Hope.
12. What have been your biggest challenges and learning so far?
Everything was a Challenge and everything was a learning….
13. Are you married, single or in a relationship?
I am married and the mother of a Kid….
14. What are your hobbies? What do you do in your non-work time?
Cooking is my Hobby and I watch Cartoons in my Nonworking time.
15. What’s your favourite food & holiday destination?
I am a foodie… and my Holiday Destination is my Home where I can Relax (I don’t like outings)
16. Whom do you consider your idol or biggest motivator?
My Business Is my Idol and Biggest Motivator. It has taught me every single thing.. I can say “My Business Is My Guru”
17. What do you feel is the major difference between entrepreneurs and those who work for someone else?
Both are Hardworking, No difference…..
An entrepreneur is nothing without good employees.
18. If you had the chance to start your career over again, what would you do differently?
No, I don’t want that chance.
I am happy with my business; doing business was my choice.
19. How has being an entrepreneur affected your family & Social life?
98% of the people were SO SURE that I was wasting my career and money too…. And you won’t believe it, at a point even I had started thinking the same but I wanted to complete the work that I had started. So I kept on doing it.
20. Anything, you would like to say to our readers or upcoming entrepreneurs?
As I said “NEVER LOSE HOPE” and “FINISH THE TASK THAT YOU HAVE STARTED”,
Create small goals and work hard to achieve them.
21. Tell us something about your education & family background.
I would rather discuss my business than my family as my business is everything for me.
22. What is your USP which makes it unique & different from other start-ups in similar domains?
I give the Right Product at the Right Place i.e. Right candidate to the company and Place the Candidates in Good Companies…
Candidates’ verification is done by my company and Companies’ verification is done by the ex-employees (We take feedback from many candidates feedback working for that company)
And I believe, that might be the best thing I can do.
23. What do you think is the biggest threat to the success of small businesses & Start-ups today?
The Biggest Threat to the Success is “Quitting what you are doing.” Trust Yourself.
24. Do you consider yourself successful and by what means do you measure success?
When you are “Satisfied with what you are doing, that is Success” for me. And Yes, I consider Myself Successful.
Mob: 9881110961 / 9167058514
Email Id: [email protected]
by just 1 click on the below Link